New Signing 1 - Mike Jones

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasunga who is injury prone so we need cover for him however if he can stay fit is a good right back / centre back.

Wilson who is a captain and a leader and a right back.

Hopefully Mr Brown will get a few splinters in his are this season. 1 year deal says 'just in case to me'

Hopefully Mr Brown will get a few splinters in his are this season. 1 year deal says 'just in case to me'

Good shout.

I think we still hold the cards next season with him also, as long as we offer him a higher salary. The cut-off for compo is 24 I think? He is only 23 in August NEXT year so it pretty low risk for the club.

I gave Jones some verbals when he played against us for Sheff Weds.

I only usually do that if the player is a bit of a :censored: so they 'deserve it' or is annoyingly good to try and put them off.

I honestly can't remember why Jones got it, I just remember he did.

So; he could be a :censored:, annoyingly good or an annoyingly good :censored:...

Edited by slystallone

Sady, we will never know if Butcher's underlying heart problem affected his game while he was at BP.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, Butcher had quite severe asthma too didn't he? His asthma and his cardiac arrhythmia could easily be linked and both are likely to have played a role in any occasional poor physical performance.

FWIW, we signed Butcher from League 2, I'd pay more attention to the compliments about a player from fans of a team that finished above us last season and the season before.

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for this deal; but on the face of it, it looks a very solid aquisition.

He's 26 years old, with over 300 games under his belt at in & around League One level.

We've got him on a 2 year deal. It wouldn't surprise me if it came out we also have the option of a 3rd year in there too.

I thought he was a winger; a right sided one at that. And whilst he's played a lot of games there; he's played more centrally - even some up front.

It looks like he's coming in to play Central Midfield for us.

Interested to see him in action and what he can do, but on paper - this looks a very decent move for us.

Mike Jones: Very good signing, and Crawley are sorry to see him go - but when you offer reduced wages... As someone has already pointed out, I think he'd prefer to be closer to Merseyside than West Sussex.

He's right footed, can play wide (mostly left), but I prefer him in centre mid. He likes to shoot, often from distance, but er they always seem to hit someone!