Rochdale tickets

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the ticketing portal crashed on me when I was buying my pair. I took that to mean ferocious demand, hundreds of people hitting refresh all at once. You could claim it's purely that Latics' ticket portal is biz but you're be wrong. Big Match Fever is upon us

It appears that while some are rushing to buy Dale tickets, some are waiting to see if Latics are in the top six and others are trying to find the cash for trips to Peterborough, Chesterfield, Bristol City and Sheffield United in the hope of encouraging the team into such a lofty position.

It appears that while some are rushing to buy Dale tickets, some are waiting to see if Latics are in the top six and others are trying to find the cash for trips to Peterborough, Chesterfield, Bristol City and Sheffield United in the hope of encouraging the team into such a lofty position.

I wont be at any of the those others but I'll be at Gillingham which I'm led to believe is THE proof of fandom

Be prepared to lose 2 hours of your day stuck in the away end, whilst 2500 other Latics fans have been let out on time, just because the police think a bunch of kids sat around you may be a threat to home fans.

I'm sitting in the home end watch out for the fat bald bloke going mental when forte slots home the opener ;)

Edited by OAFCM35

If it's like previous occasions they don't open the gates too early at Rochdale, leaving long winding queues outside to face the elements.

I have always thought this strange as the earlier they let fans in the more they are likely to spend on refreshments inside the ground.

If it's like previous occasions they don't open the gates too early at Rochdale, leaving long winding queues outside to face the elements.

I have always thought this strange as the earlier they let fans in the more they are likely to spend on refreshments inside the ground.

if i remember right inside there food and drink facilliies are minimal and ques just as long.

Personally, I don't feel any dislike or rivalry with Dale, and I hardly see it as a derby - they've been lower tier, other than the one occasion, for decades and they're a smaller club than ourselves by quite a distance. I'll be going because it's so local and I wouldn't pass on the chance to be with 3000 Latics fans in an away end. As for this match, I want to win it equally to any other, and no more. Yorkshire teams like Huddersfield, Bradford etc. I would see as far greater rivalries, and perhaps Lancashire sides such as Wigan or Burnley, if we ever got the chance to play in the same league regularly again. Another better rivalry, probably less so, due to being similar size and sharing the same league for a long time: Tranmere.

When a club can hardly muster over 1000 fans to bring to their most local away game I can't get enthused over the rivalry.

Edited by NewBlue

Personally, I don't feel any dislike or rivalry with Dale, and I hardly see it as a derby - they've been lower tier, other than the one occasion, for decades and they're a smaller club than ourselves by quite a distance. I'll be going because it's so local and I wouldn't pass on the chance to be with 3000 Latics fans in an away end. As for this match, I want to win it equally to any other, and no more. Yorkshire teams like Huddersfield, Bradford etc. I would see as far greater rivalries, and perhaps Lancashire sides such as Wigan or Burnley, if we ever got the chance to play in the same league regularly again. Another better rivalry, probably less so, due to being similar size and sharing the same league for a long time: Tranmere.

When a club can hardly muster over 1000 fans to bring to their most local away game I can't get enthused over the rivalry.

Definition of 'derby' : (derby or local derby) British A sports match between two rival teams from the same area.

I would say that Rochdale fits that definition pretty well.

Definition of 'derby' : (derby or local derby) British A sports match between two rival teams from the same area.

I would say that Rochdale fits that definition pretty well.

It does, but NewBlue is right in what he's saying... If we drubbed huddersfield/preston/tranmere 3-0 away with 3000 tics away in a play off season, id prefer that to beating rochdale 3-0 with 3000 tics away. Edited by kieranmcandrew

It does, but NewBlue is right in what he's saying... If we drubbed huddersfield/preston/tranmere 3-0 away with 3000 tics away in a play off season, id prefer that to beating rochdale 3-0 with 3000 tics away.

Both would be equally satisfying to me, the fact we will sell out at Rochdale and only took around 800 to Preston and about the same to Tranmere last season shows you which one the fans want to be at.

You do realise that this is the attitude we hate so much in Utd and City fans?

I reckon Oldham vs Rochdale has the potential to become a decent derby. We might sing about rivalries with Man Utd and City (and Leeds), when really the likes of Dale and Bury are much more realistic. The fact Dale spent so long in League 2 without us playing them has but any meaningful rivalry "on ice".

Owdumer - (it won't let me quote) It's just the way it is. When teams like Huddersfield pack the RRE, and we go to their place and take 2000 and the atmosphere is rocking in home and away end it's incomparable to the following Dale bring to BP. Also there is very little recent relevant history or bad blood either between clubs. The feeling is not exclusive to any club. Blackpool no doubt see Preston as greater rivals than neighbouring Fleetwood. Palace, who have lots of clubs on their doorstep but whose biggest rivalry is with Brighton. Forest with Derby, rather than Notts. Tranmere see us as their biggest rival now! There will be other examples as well.

All subjective, and I dislike the Yorkshire clubs far more than Dale, hence why I feel like that's the more intense rivalry to me. In time if Dale establish themselves in League 1 and we play them regularly it might feel more fierce. Lots of clubs change their rivals according to their situations.