Hardest game on this run... Bradford

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a point

Yep, won't be easy this game. We've not played a side like Bradford yet.

Tough test.

I'm interested to see how we stand up to their tactics & game plan; whilst still trying to play our own recently successful style of football.

Fingers crossed we manage it...

The team i'd pick tomorrow...

nyvas8.jpg

Probably why I would go with if I had to stick my neck on the line and B Wilson is declared for to play.

Poleon is the only one I wouldn't be surprised to see start instead of Ibhere if LJ opts for getting in behind Bradfords back line...but I think Ibhere and Forte an Philli offer a better blend of being able to so a mix of jobs up top

I think that some Latics fans are perhaps too confident (based on some of the stuff I have read on here and more so on Twitter) but after long periods of feeling underwhelmed by our team I suppose it is natural that there will be more positivity, and some of that will spill into over confidence or down right cockiness.

LJ all but pointed this out after the midweek match, saying a narrow victory might have been easier to manage.

To think that Bradford (or any team) is a pushover is disrespectful and has the potential to backfire and make you look foolish (I imagine Liverpool fans felt the same arriving at a League One team in the middle of a relegation scrap for example).

Bradford have 3 less points than us from 14 games, scoring and conceding 18 goals....in fact turn Tuesday's game from a win to a defeat and we'd be level pegging. Hardly a gulf, especially when you look at their away from W3D3L1 F10A7 - one which eclipses ours.

In terms of the 'hoofball' comments, all teams will play the long ball at times, and it can be an effective approach. Not something I would get too hung up on.

Why not be confident I fully expect us to get something out of the game today, LJ will have the players ready no doubt about that if we can cut out the silly goals conceded in the first half we shouldnt fear anyone especially at home, travelling to places like Swindon and Peterborough you are a little pessimistic but Bradford at home sorry I expect us to beat them.

That's what Bristol City thought in the week.

Maybe they did, we are not going to go unbeaten all season so today may be a day we get turned over but my expectation is that we should win, there is nothing wrong with expecting to win, last season I expected Wolves, Rotherham and Preston to beat us at home and they all did, as Oldham fans I think we can recognise a decent team and this team we have at the moment is the strongest by far since Sheridan was here, building expectation up is a good thing I want Bradford to know how good we are and at 5pm today hopefully they will know for themselves, even since the JPT game we have come on leaps and bounds and I honestly think ee will have too much for them.

First time in ages I've felt excited to be going. The last home game I went to was Crewe last season, and it was becoming a chore to attend, even though I've probably only attended about 10 home games in the last 4 years, I attended sporadically out of obligation rather than desire to see us play. That's not the case today.

Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about this season.

This is their chance to pull me back in. If I'm going then I'm sure plenty of other stayaways are considering it too, so a big performance needed.

Don't let us down 'tics!

Edited by PlayItLivo

First time in ages I've felt excited to be going. The last home game I went to was Crewe last season, and it was becoming a chore to attend, even though I've probably only attended about 10 home games in the last 4 years, I attended sporadically out of obligation rather than desire to see us play. That's not the case today.

Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about this season.

This is their chance to pull me back in. If I'm going then I'm sure plenty of other stayaways are considering it too, so a big performance needed.

Don't let us down 'tics!

So what did you think of that?

Very nervy second half but a terrific result. There were times when we were all over them and could habe been out of sight but also times when we stood strong against an aerial onslaught. Showed a side of our game we havent had to do in any other games against a fighting side. Now where's that road map.