Hardest game on this run... Bradford

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special mention to the referee today for not giving into bradfords constant diving and cheating.

Agreed but apart from the two hack downs where he had no choice but to book & send their guy off, he gave the excellent Jabo feck all after being pushed and pulled time and time again.

First 30 minutes we could have been out of sight, thought Jabo was superb today a contender for MOM with Mills, Dieng and Wilson. Kelly worked his nuts off and showed what a good player we have got. Apart from Jones's goal I thought he had his worst game in a long time for us but I aint going to criticise him for that. Great 3 points, keeps the run going, I have been tossing a coin about next week, I want to go but can't really afford another away trip after going to the last few. Decisions decisions.

Another test passed yet again we showed that we can see out again when we come under pressure. They put the pressure on in the second half but we stood up to it well.

Ibehere was mom for me his ability to hold the ball up and bring others into the game was hugely important as it meant our defence got a breather and we got up the pitch when we had too. He ran mcardle ragged which lead to him getting sent off plus he gives us a physical presence which we will need.

Excellent first half but a poor time to concede, Parkinson changed it at HT and stopped us playing our football, we had to convert to going long a few times but Ibhere was outstanding in making the ball stick and bringing others into play. Bradford put us under huge pressure second half such is expected but we dug in once again and secured the 3 points. Referee was poor didn't have much of a clue. This team works so hard and really everyone puts a shift in, nice break now and onto Bristol City were I'd take a 0-0 should be a cracking game ! 2 of best teams in the division ?

Edited by Markspark92

They were also a hoof to Stead

Who by the way should have been booked for the terrible dive in the penalty area in the first half

Their fans crying every time one of their players fell over got a bit ridiculous. He absolutely should've been booked for diving.

I thought that Bradford played more football than I expected, though still used the direct approach, but then again I felt that Stead and Hanson probably gave our CBs the sternest test of the season so far - felt that they were always a threat to be honest.

With regards to the regular penalty shouts in the second half - too far away to tell, but there was enough going on in the box to mean there is probably a decision to be made on at least once, but glad they didn't get one as it would have been the wrong result.

First half could have been 3 or 4, and then the goal came out of nothing (horrible marking though). Second half we again created enough chances to have made it a more relaxing afternoon but credit to The Bantams they closed us down, and tried hard. On plenty of other occasions we'd have conceded and equaliser - great to see us stay strong.

Red card - fair, but out of character for the game. Two desperate challenges that needed to be made, got them both late.

You would have to say that anything at Bristol is a bonus and a defeat is not the end of the world, but I genuinely believe that we go with a fair chance of ending that record (gutted I am at a wedding and cannot go)

Im happier with that win than the 4-1 on tuesday. I was crapping it in the 2nd half. Should have been out of sight by halftime and in the second half we still created the better chances, I'm very very happy tonight with that result.

My stomach was in knots for most of that second half, we were awesome first half especially first 30 minutes where Bradford couldn't get near our midfield.

Jabo was sensational, so Was mills. Both stand outs and on any other day Jabo would have pissed the MOTM. His hold up play is different class.

We go to Bristol now 13 unbeaten and looking to end their unbeaten start - it looks a nailed on draw which I would take but you never know with Latics. Wasn't going to go but how can I not after two great wins and sitting in the top 6!?!

One of the best opening 45 minutes for years, unfortunately the Bradford goal gave them a lifeline when they looked drowned.

Did well though against the aerial bombardment, not many defenders can handle Hanson in that department.

All played their part, but a special mention to Mills and Ibehre.

Edited by BP1960

November will be an even bigger test.

Bristol (A)

Crawley (H)

Sheff Utd (A)

Rochdale (A)

If we go to Rochdale with 5 or more points then I think the rest of the league will be sitting up and looking at the team from Boundary Park.

LJ will be in demand too.

If we get to Christmas still in the top 6 then the January window will be very, very interesting

Fantastic first 44 minutes, could have been four or five up by the time they got their one. Had a couple of good chances second half too, so glad we held on. I don't think we have anything to fear from Bristol City next week, they concede goals, we score them!

Excellent first half but a poor time to concede, Parkinson changed it at HT and stopped us playing our football, we had to convert to going long a few times but Ibhere was outstanding in making the ball stick and bringing others into play. Bradford put us under huge pressure second half such is expected but we dug in once again and secured the 3 points. Referee was poor didn't have much of a clue. This team works so hard and really everyone puts a shift in, nice break now and onto Bristol City were I'd take a 0-0 should be a cracking game ! 2 of best teams in the division ?

They looked a lot, lot better after his change in about the 38th minute. Their number 18 was being run ragged by our front two and when their number 3 came on he improved their attacking potential no-end too.

I'm a little bit worried that due to our narrow 4-3-1-2 formation we are vulnerable out-wide especially against attacking full-backs, when ours provide the majority of our width.

What a superb first half performance - outstanding

That goal conceded gave a defeated Bradford a real boost and the second half was a thriller in a different way . Could have had more goals but defended resolutely , everyman giving their all.

Had seats in the Exec section today (won on Latics Lottery!) the row in front of the Bradford directors who were unanimous in saying how good we were in the first half

And for those of you who criticise the Main Stand - great noise from there today even getting chants started that were picked up by the Chaddy !

So what did you think of that?

:censored: me, when did we learn to play it out from the back?

It's unrecognisable from the team I saw 12 months ago. When we played the ball on the deck we looked leagues and leagues above them. The only threat they had were the big lumps up front!

£22 well spent, not because of the win, but because we look a very, very good passing outfit. Our short, tippy, tippy exchanges was completely alien compared to anything I've seen from an Oldham team.

Next home game on a Saturday I'll be the first one in the ground!

Edited by PlayItLivo

It's untecognisable from the team I saw 12 months ago. When we played the ball on the deck we looked leagues and leagues above them. The only threat they had were the big lumps up front!

£22 well spent, not because of the win, but because we look a very, very good passing outfit. Our short, tippy, tippy exchanges was completely alien compared to anything I've seen from an Oldham team.

Excellent

Are you on Twitter ?

If so, send this to

@Matt_Chambers

Edited by stevesidg

It's untecognisable from the team I saw 12 months ago. When we played the ball on the deck we looked leagues and leagues above them. The only threat they had were the big lumps up front!

My Rochdale supporting mate who I dragged along said the patient build up play and passing out from the back that we adopted reminded him of the Man United style under Ferguson! Can't complain with that.

Exactly my reaction after the Swindon away game. Wild horses couldn't keep me away at the moment...

Listened to radio 2 on the drive up today, Tony Blackburn's charts from this weekend back in 1972, what was number 1?

Answer: Mouldy Old Dough, Lieutenant Pigeon, had to be an omen so I knew we'd win.

On the drive up today we saw a buzzard and 10 pheasants - I knew the bantams would be outfought.