• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cannot happen, absolutely not.

I have argued with all sorts of people about this; my position is that it should be down to each club whether they take a punt on the bad karma he brings, but that he should be able to play if he can find a club willing to take on such toxic baggage. If a club are that morally bankrupt then it would say more about them than anything else. Never did I seriously think that we'd be that club.

There is no way that we should even contemplate this. I pray that the club are looking at this board and taking heed; I will not be watching him ever.

This is utterly despicable.

I wonder whether this is us paying our dues to the PFA for a mess up over Montano?

We may have been a bit hasty or the strength of Mahmood's evidence may now be called into doubt which makes our actions questionable and susceptibility to being sued by Montano that more likely.

As the PFA are also involved they are either using us a stalking horse to take the heat off the club he does sign for or we are actually signing him and they are going to be heavily involved? Today's :censored:storm was inevitable but for it to come out this weekend looks highly planned to me.

I hope we don't sign him and don't like seeing my club's name dragged through the mud once again.

Some major over reactions on here.

I don't condone rape in the slightest. But, he's served his time. It may yet get overturned, even still everyone deserves a second chance.

If it's true that said girl has cried rape on 2 previous occasions then maybe his appeal has legs in it.

We support the CLUB, not a particular player but the CLUB. One player coming or going shouldn't change that.

If he signs, or if he doesn't... I will still be here!

I have argued with all sorts of people about this; my position is that it should be down to each club whether they take a punt on the bad karma he brings, but that he should be able to play if he can find a club willing to take on such toxic baggage. If a club are that morally bankrupt then it would say more about them than anything else. Never did I seriously think that we'd be that club.

There is no way that we should even contemplate this. I pray that the club are looking at this board and taking heed; I will not be watching him ever.

This. DO NOT SIGN HIM!!

I don't condone rape in the slightest. But, he's served his time. It may yet get overturned, even still everyone deserves a second chance.

If it's true that said girl has cried rape on 2 previous occasions then maybe his appeal has legs in it.

We support the CLUB, not a particular player but the CLUB. One player coming or going shouldn't change that.

I wonder whether this is us paying our dues to the PFA for a mess up over Montano?

We may have been a bit hasty or the strength of Mahmood's evidence may now be called into doubt which makes our actions questionable and susceptibility to being sued by Montano that more likely.

As the PFA are also involved they are either using us a stalking horse to take the heat off the club he does sign for or we are actually signing him and they are going to be heavily involved? Today's :censored:storm was inevitable but for it to come out this weekend looks highly planned to me.

I hope we don't sign him and don't like seeing my club's name dragged through the mud once again.

Interesting thoughts there, paying our dues over the dismissal of montano? Very interesting mr Mulder and has got me thinking.

My understanding is she didn't cry rape. She didn't know she'd slept with him at all.

I support Oldham Athletic not a player, my view is that I personally believe that Ched Evans will make the team stronger due to that reason i want this player to join the club and try to help the club achieve some success. We have been struggling for goals, a goalscorer is available why wouldnt we want to sign him ?

He has served his time and my own personal view is that he deserves a second chance, its a job and he should be able to earn a living.

There have been some way over the top reactions on here.

It's going to be an interesting Monday.

Like I have mentioned previously, is there some sort of financial gainment from the club taking this player and his baggage that we are not are of maybe?Or like beag has mentioned, penance to the FA/ PFA over montano

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

Just hate the fact we have to associate ourselves with this player, it's negative for us regardless

Edited by underdog

My understanding is she didn't cry rape. She didn't know she'd slept with him at all.

She supposedly worked until midnight, went home and showered, got to the club at 1:30am and left at 3:00am.

She had cocaine and weed in her system but who can drink to the point of memory loss in 1 and a half hours? Even the expert at trial stated her consumption wouldn't result in memory loss.

The case has more holes than a tea bag.

I'm sorry, but we sold our soul to the devil when we signed Lee Hughes on a permament contract. WE ARE THAT CLUB. We made a conscious decision to sign a man to our club, knowing that he had killed and destroyed a family. I would put my house on it that every single poster (including you) in this thread either a) chanted his name b ) cheered his goals ; or c) supported the club through that episode.

That should never be forgotten.

Does that make us morally bankrupt as you put it? maybe. Is it that enough time has passed that we can just forget that board decision?

For the record, however,I dont believe we should be signing this player. Wrong message. Once, we made a mistake. twice, We are altering our club culture. 'Family club status' goes out the window and will stay that way.

Edited by Goal89

My message to the club! I bit my tongue when this post went around the first time. But now like many, I feel the need to post my opinion on this. If the club signs Ched Evans my 30 years as a fan of this club is finished! It just shows how much you regard your fanbase! I am surprised that LJ would sanction this as he is a father to a daughter himself. The majority of the fans don't want him here. Look at this forum! I for one was against Lee Hughes playing for us, but at least he showed remorse for what he did. Evans does not! If the club has no moral compass then I do. I will be excising it depending on tomorrows events!

She supposedly worked until midnight, went home and showered, got to the club at 1:30am and left at 3:00am.

She had cocaine and weed in her system but who can drink to the point of memory loss in 1 and a half hours? Even the expert at trial stated her consumption wouldn't result in memory loss.

The case has more holes than a tea bag.

And the jury finds him guilty.

What are the email address tondo just that JSS?

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

neil.joy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

lee.johnson@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Wasn't sure if LJ would have one but it hasn't bounced back.

I'm sorry, but we sold our soul to the devil when we signed Lee Hughes on a permament contract. WE ARE THAT CLUB. We made a conscious decision to sign a man to our club, knowing that he had killed and destroyed a family. I would put my house on it that every single poster (including you) in this thread either a) chanted his name b ) cheered his goals ; or c) supported the club through that episode.

That should never be forgotten.

Does that make us morally bankrupt as you put it? maybe. Is it that enough time has passed that we can just forget that board decision?

For the record, however,I dont believe we should be signing this player. Wrong message. Once, we made a mistake. twice, We are altering our club culture. 'Family club status' goes out the window and will stay that way.

I see fundamental differences, because I know people who have driven after drinking and I know the massively flawed mental permutations that lead to their doing so. There but for the grace of God and all that. The impact of his crimes is massive, but that was not his intent.

Rape is a crime of action - Ched Evans chose to rape that woman.

I wouldn't ideally have wanted Hughes and didn't warm to him. But this, this is worse to my mind.

No issues with him finding a club, he has served his sentence. But not my club, not Latics.

Personally I don't think I will watch Latics or spend money on them if they sign as a convicted rapist.

I believe everyone should have a 2nd chance but the idea of kids holding him as an idol/role model doesn't sit well with me. He will be a role model Regardless because he will score goals. He can have a 2nd chance and work somewhere else that doesn't mean kids will be chanting his name.

Gutted by it all if I'm honest and as a dad of a daughter this certainly gives me a different thought on the whole thing and plays a part in my decision!

This is my personal decision and if yours if different I respect that as I hope you'd respect mine!

This sums up my position perfectly. I've an 11 year old daughter as well and that's whats playing on my mind. In the mean time I'll get my footy fix elswhere (probably Bury as that's where I live). I'll be back when he's gone. Did we need him that bad?

Edited by Witty