All the people saying they wouldn't go... IF we got to the play offs, would you go to the final at Wembley?

I wouldn't

Hughes was a complete tosser as a person but he didn't intentionally go out to kill someone and showed remorse throughout

Evans on the other hand is totally unrepentant of his actions

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder of what the club said on 1 December 2014:

"The Board of Directors would like to confirm that we will not be extending an invitation for Ched Evans to train with Oldham Athletic nor will we be offering him a contract."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/oldham-athletic-ched-evans-club-statement-2115153.aspx

Did he really set out that night to rape a girl?

The two situations a very similar, Hughes was drunk and drugged up.

Both scumbags...both in scenarios I wouldn't even consider.

I'm far from being a saint but would I consider driving a car under the influence of alcohol or having sex with a wasted girl - consensual or not - immediately after my mate?! Neither would ever enter my mind let alone be given serious consideration.

We all have moral compasses but some are a lot lot stronger than others.

Wonder if anyone from the club is monitoring the feedback on here and other media sources.

Seriously, how many fans would we lose?

Also, how match fit is the bugger, if it's going to take weeks then at least I can get a few games in before I spit my dummy out and stop going

Just a reminder of what the club said on 1 December 2014:

"The Board of Directors would like to confirm that we will not be extending an invitation for Ched Evans to train with Oldham Athletic nor will we be offering him a contract."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/oldham-athletic-ched-evans-club-statement-2115153.aspx

Just sums up the board if its true...money over morals. Some of them seemed like decent people when I met them but I'm afraid if they sanctioned this after reading the verdict and watching Evans' video statement following release then I'll review my judgement.

As said, would be interested in Jenny's view of this as a senior and externally facing employee of the club!

What does it take for one of us to stop supporting our club. I didn't mind Lee Hughes being taken on and admit to liking his antics and ability so think it was a positive overall.

At the first mention of Mr Evans I read the summary judgement on crimeline.info plus a whole series of articles by the more serious press.

We all have to make our own minds up. I have made up mine and believe he should be given the chance to pursue his chosen profession again. I will continue to support my club.

Most "in the know" reporters and press are saying its Oldham now.

I've met Corney and Johnson; both seemed really nice blokes and want the best for our club. The want success and are extremely driven but not for a minute would I believe they would sign a convicted rapist regardless of however they try and package it tomorrow at the conference (should it be us).

Johnson has a daughter FFS - I have two and I wouldn't for a second sign him especially after his unrepentant stance after he was released. The victim has gone through hell and even if he felt he was innocent he should have publicly stated his sorrow for all parties - no remorse whatsoever. Total scumbag.

Barry will be there using his ex-copper position spouting his "everyone deserves a second chance" rubbish. I hope he doesn't use us signing Lee Hughes to describe our club as a rehabilitation for players wishing to turn their life around and make up for the "errors" made in their life.

I wonder what Jenny will do and whether her position becomes untenable? Same goes with Mrs Johnson, Mrs Corney and the other wives and daughters of those who feed from the boardroom trough each game?!

Aside from everything else you've said, your post is full of sentiments that I find sexist and tribalistic.

I never understand why people come out with stuff like this. Why do people think like this? Aren't we all human beings?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Judging from reactions on this topic it appears that people are more willing to forgive killing somebody as opposed to rape.

Both equally as bad as each other that leaves a trail of destruction to the lives of the people involved.

Yet it appears that some people will forgive one but not the other -

Strange thing morals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

There's so many negatives. How will Mike Ashley feel about pumping a million quid into a club that has a convicted rapist employed? And all the other sponsors, O2 etc. There's a genuine force of people who are going to stop going - lost revenue from ticket sales, food sales, etc. Plus, from a football point of view, he had one good season, and has been eating porridge and not being a professional athlete for 3 years or whatever.

Judging from reactions on this topic it appears that people are more willing to forgive killing somebody as opposed to rape.

Both equally as bad as each other that leaves a trail of destruction to the lives of the people involved.

Yet it appears that some people will forgive one but not the other -

Strange thing morals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS, that cow has been well and truly milked many times over.