• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a crazy idea do you think he is showing no remorse because he might actually be innocent

We are human beings even the hardest of souls eventually show remorse

I will be disappointed if he doesn't sign now

P.s I have a daughter does this make me a bad dad?

BBC are pretty good at fact checking. They don't generally report false stories.

Just reports true stories badly.

They're not saying it's us in the article yet, just on ephemeral Twitter, with the formulation...The BBC understands that...

Right. Barry. What's the Trust position on this? My position is this: if he's in and the Trust is happy, I'm out.

My thoughts exactly. If it gets us up there and (whisper it) promoted then the risk will have been well worth it.

Even if it gets us into the playoffs the club will probably be satisfied.

If he signs, I won't be watching the team whilst hes at the club. I'll find other games to watch, probably in the conference.

If the club gets promoted with his help, I will not be watching them whilst they remain at a higher level. I'll find another team to follow.

Almost 30 years of supporting the club and 15 years of having a season ticket. They'll have had my money this season, not much I can do about that, but they won't see my support.

Simply because if his conviction is quashed, the queue will be a mile long

A mile long for a player who has only had one good season in league 1 and has been unsuccessful at levels above and has had 3 years out of the game?

Don't want him don't need in fact if it was a choice between signing him getting to the play offs and not signing and missing out I'd pick the latter option. I'm really not that desperate.

A mile long for a player who has only had one good season in league 1 and has been unsuccessful at levels above and has had 3 years out of the game?

Don't want him don't need in fact if it was a choice between signing him getting to the play offs and not signing and missing out I'd pick the latter option. I'm really not that desperate.

We're playing with Jabo Ibhere up front. We do need him...

Simply because if his conviction is quashed, the queue will be a mile long

Here is a crazy idea do you think he is showing no remorse because he might actually be innocent

Right. He's not appealing. He has no leave to appeal. He's utterly guilty in the eyes of the law. His case is being reviewed by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, which investigates potential miscarriages of justice in the interests of neither side in the case. It's different. He is not appealing.

Are you a bad dad? If I answer frankly, you might get upset and start asking for my phone number, so I'll leave that one.

Please god no....we are a family club, in my mind there is a moral difference between lee and ched. Lee did not deliberately go out to kill anyone, ched should have realised the woman wasn't in any for state and should have stopped but he didn't

He is a convicted sex offender until the courts decide otherwise, we are walking a tight rope if we are banking on a quashed conviction and even then, I'm not comfy with this at all.

Christ can you imagine the grief we would get as fans, what oppo fans would give him too could he cope with that stick and produce the goods? What do the other players think.

This is a nightmare, if he signs I will not be returning back to BP until he has gone and would have to consider my role in playershare and trust oldham.

I know a good few mates who've entered the queens detention house.....I've not turned my back on them. Why? cos if we all did what chance do they stand? none.

I just hope none of your families end up making a mistake. For theirs and your sakes.

You're not a bad dad for trying to find the best in everyone....however....He was there and I understand he admitted to having sex but his defence is that it was consensual.

The girl was totally wasted from alcohol - would you still have sex with someone in that state...especially immediately after one of your mates having sex with her?

Probably me being a dad and how I was brought up but even if I was drunk, my moral compass would be saying this is wrong and I would have stopped my mate before any sexual contact took place and made sure the girl got a taxi home.

Even if she consented, what scumbag would accept this is morally right and carry on?!

I would be surprised if LJ sanctions a move for Evans, after the Montano affair I am pretty sure he stated it was his worst time in football, well if this goes ahead he better be prepared for that and more. I know this might seem insignificant in the whole scheme of things, but my playershare monthly contribution will be being cancelled.

Barry, as fans rep you know the right thing to do.

We signed Hughes who left the scene of a fatal car accident, what about the families who lost love ones through the same scenarios who follow the Latics.

When you look at the convicted criminals who run our government over here in Northern Ireland who am I to judge.

So, do I have first dibs..?

Ha!

I mulling over what to do with my ST if tomorrow brings its expected announcement.

I'll bare you in mind as one of tbe options of what i'll do. I've got:

Asking the club to refund the remaining games

Throwing it at LJ's feet in disgust and walking out

Throwing it at the Directors Box and walking out

Giving it away

I would say though, be warned; whilst i'm dam near pitch side and it has its benifits; i've missed most of our goals playing towards the Chaddy End; its awful seat for that!!! And i have no roof so you'll need waterproofs. And the seat back is broken!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't 100% comfortable with the Lee Hughes signing, but he did at least show some contrition and, as I understand, did a fair amount of community work and visited schools to talk about the dangers of drink. As I live 200 moles away, I'm happy to be contradicted on that by those that are more in the know.

Ched Evans, on the other hand, has shown no remorse whatsoever. Even if he is innocent, he could at least have issued a statement showing concern and thought for the girl and her family. Instead, he has chosen to simply declare that he is innocent.

For God's sake, Latics, squash this once and for all. Having once categorically denied any involvement with Evans training or signing for us, all credibility will go clean out the window if there is a U turn now.

If this goes ahead as suggested by certain sections of the media, 64 years of my support for the club I have loved since childhood will evaporate. My conscience would not allow me be at a game in which he was playing.

It would break my football heart to sever my allegiance with the club after all this time, but that's the way it would be. I feel so sad at the thought.

BBC now reporting it's us. Let's hope it's a soon-to-be-fired Sunday staffer doing a bit of lazy journalism.

There's an article with Dan Roan's (Sports Editor) name to it, saying that BBC understands that Latics are the club Evans is talking to.