• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it make any difference that I will stick with my original convictions of resigning from playershare and trust oldham if this player does sign, rather than loose your contribution?

Not that I'm worth much but making a small but hopefully meaningful stance

Tracey, my mind is made up already, if Evans signs i'm out, just thought that a full on block from playershare might tip the balance. As it is I appreciate all you do for both. Shame the club cant see the hurt they are causing to a vast majority of the supporters.

Main story on sky sports news, 3rd on BBC News 24. All over the radio.

For any member of the board to still be discussing this is a disgrace.

"They have the best interests of the club at heart"

Sorry, but I do not believe that. I cannot. Even if I thought we should have signed him, the media circus has made that view one which is now completely against what's best of the club.

I now cannot believe this is still going on.

Main story on sky sports news, 3rd on BBC News 24. All over the radio.

For any member of the board to still be discussing this is a disgrace.

"They have the best interests of the club at heart"

Sorry, but I do not believe that. I cannot. Even if I thought we should have signed him, the media circus has made that view one which is now completely against what's best of the club.

I now cannot believe this is still going on.

Also on CNN and in newspapers all over the world.

And on that point, I know we have female members, so ask yourselves have you ever slept with a bloke after a few drinks? Well that's ok, because apparently this never ever happens so you can just erase it from your mind and pretend it never happened

No I haven't and haven't put myself in that situation either, that's just me and how I roll. but then again it's a whole different generation now from when I was in my youth. I never heard of drinks being spiked, or seen lads being glassed for bugger all. Do I feel it was much safer? Am I seeing things through rose tinted glasses? I don't know but as a regular clubber in oldham during the late 80's/90's I always felt safe, a bit merry at times but never in a state where I was face down in the gutter with my Bridget jonesy's up my ass either.

In my mind he is a convicted rapist until the criminal courts deem to quash it in a possible 35 weeks time, possibly now in the close season.

I know we say one player isn't bigger than a club but what controversy this one player has brought in is scary

By revealing her identity several times and orchestrating a veritable witchhunt against her and her family. That's not to mention doing sod all to diffuse the hate messages sent to people affiliated to Sheffield United who withdrew their support after Sheffield United considered signing him. It has long term legal rammifications with securing other rape convictions in fear that their identiy may be exposed after a trial.

You strike me as someone who has skim-read over Ched Evans' website and based their entire opinion on that.

As opposed to yourself who was on the jury and personally know the girl involved? We are all making our minds up over what we have read on the Internet.

Tracey, my mind is made up already, if Evans signs i'm out, just thought that a full on block from playershare might tip the balance. As it is I appreciate all you do for both. Shame the club cant see the hurt they are causing to a vast majority of the supporters.

I totally understand bp, hence me considering my role in it too. Your contribution as well as others to the scheme is much appreciated and has brought it big g for us too this season. It's just another kick for the scheme when an event like this hits the club.

I was standing down if he does sign, but never thought that I should cancel my donation too...like you said something others should have thought off.

I'm depressed enough, especially if I hit the sun's page 3/4 tomorrow so off to watch the scousers loose, that should cheer me up

The mob really have done a great job getting this story around the world. Like the politicians take on all this as they ignore what has gone on in their own back yard with the peadophiles, so they can have their 5 mins of fame, because that is what they are about.

The whole affair is sordid, but the conviction does not look sound to me and why would you apologise if you are appealing the decision, and strongly believe it was not rape?

Sign him, take the 15 minutes of mob disgust, and move on, if the board believes that the conviction is not sound.

Edited by Max Damage

Got to admit, I thought the same. Didn't even know what their line of business was until today.

I know we probably can't afford to but, if we don't sign Ched, I'd be severing our ties with Verlin anyway after that interview on Sky. Name it the Dr Kershaw's Stand or something...

Would it make any difference that I will stick with my original convictions of resigning from playershare and trust oldham if this player does sign, rather than loose your contribution?

Not that I'm worth much but making a small but hopefully meaningful stance?

I'm willing to continue contributing - but Playershare shouldn't transfer any cash until Evans leaves. That way, we keep Playershare mothballed but ticking over for the duration. Any existing agreements to contribute to the club are null and void for the duration of Evans's registration. That's my idea.

I'm unwilling to contribute if we sign Evans and carry on giving the club money.

And before anyone asks, I don't care how much it is. I don't care if it's only a brass farthing. It's the principle that counts.

I think if you check back that it might have been worded as 'Up to £1M over 5 years.' Thats Doublespeak for less than £200K per annum

It'll be considerably less. It was a six-figure sum which could rise to almost £1m IIRC. I suspect to achieve £1m we'd have to be playing in the Champions League and selling 50,000 shirts a season, within that five-year term.

And don't forget, as part of that, the club sacrificed all of its rights to sell merchandise directly to the fans.

Wasn't impressed with Craig Verlin choosing to appear on TV to say pulling out no class but then again none of this has. Can all be done quietly and directly.As for gutters never in a million years would I use them and do buy a few. Cheap publicity... Significant main sponsor you are having a laugh.

Mecca Bingo come on what do they offer free bingo nights?

All starting to stink like rotten fish and crafty editing of facts. Doesn't mention Solicitors and Web company showing some sense publicly.

Who can blame him? Latics have presented the situation and his company are getting massive positive publicity from it.

Mob - a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.

A lot of people not wanting a convicted rapist to play for their football club is not a mob. They're not intent on causing trouble or violence, quite the opposite. They want non of the trouble Ched Evans brings.

It's pissing me off reading this "mob" bollocks

So if you can drag your knuckles from the floor to type on your keyboard and voice your "lad culture" opinions on here, you can lift them to grab a dictionary and check what you're writing is accurate

Mob - a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.

A lot of people not wanting a convicted rapist to play for their football club is not a mob. They're not intent on causing trouble or violence, quite the opposite. They want non of the trouble Ched Evans brings.

It's pissing me off reading this "mob" bollocks

So if you can drag your knuckles from the floor to type on your keyboard and voice your "lad culture" opinions on here, you can lift them to grab a dictionary and check what you're writing is accurate

Online mob then. Still a mob though.

You keep saying that while seemingly ignoring people explaining how this is some what different... or why they feel it is different...

Lee Hughes showed remorse, accepted his guilt, pledged to change, pledged to do community support work etc. He ticked all the boxes that Evans is refusing to tick.

Does any of that ring any bells for you or are you going to keep bring the debate down to the mud ?

And it has also been said many times that Evans isn't showing remorse because that would be admitting he had done wrong. Which he denies, therefore why would he apologise?

Does that ring any bells for you?