Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly..........................................unless the members accept some stuff cannot be cascaded down.

Then the accusations start to fly......then you get distrust in the Chair.....then the Chair gets insulted......then the Chair hits back.....

Then you get to this point........

So the trust in its current format is a dead duck, do you think a fresh approach is needed?

Obviously we need a voice in the boardroom, just as a starting point perhaps the fact it is only 1 person representing the fans at the board leads to suspicion, these are just my thoughts as some one who is trying to break it down into identifiable parts.

Edited by disjointed

What's the weird background context to this thread? It reads like Lags vs other posters but I'm not entirely sure what the history is.

On the one hand, surely it's clear that Owen's performance in this current situation, and more broadly over the last year, has annoyed a lot of fans who question in what way he is representing them. On the other hand, I think it's a poisoned chalice of a role and one there's not likely to be many takers for (not that that should mean that people are happy with the incumbent).

Or is this just a long-running message board disagreement about something else?

What's the weird background context to this thread? It reads like Lags vs other posters but I'm not entirely sure what the history is.

On the one hand, surely it's clear that Owen's performance in this current situation, and more broadly over the last year, has annoyed a lot of fans who question in what way he is representing them. On the other hand, I think it's a poisoned chalice of a role and one there's not likely to be many takers for (not that that should mean that people are happy with the incumbent).

Other than this week I don't think I usually have disagreements with Lags...

I won't deny certain poster's and I have history.....it's quite funny really.

However, my point here is this, Anyone and I mean anyone who takes the Chair will eventually be vilified just like Barry. In truth the problem is, is that Barry has done it too long. Long enough for there to be a complete breakdown of trust and relationship.

The name calling and slating the bloke gets is just way out of control, The Mods shall we say are ever so slightly against Mr Blatter (as they say) and it shows in their attitude and tolerance to others in their behaviour towards him.

I just cant wait for the next committee to take it on, then we'll see just how bad the current bunch are. Just need the takers to stand up, some of the more vocals have already ruled themselves out. Funny that!

Edited by Lags

Righto, ta. Personally I think Owen has done himself no favours with this episode or the slating fans for not turning up, so I have little time for him, but I wouldn't put myself forward to replace him and I can't see why anyone would.

Barry is certainly not without fault and I've in the past had a word also. It just makes me laugh how the committee don't do this or they don't do that, it's time consuming and they all work ( except Barry) and who ever take it on with have the same pressure's.

I really really can't wait for this new committee, I hope they have thick skin, I really really do. Christ just doing Playershare is a thankless task. That can go up for grabs too. I am sure the new batch will come back and say "Lags you were right" but no one likes someone who's a "told you so" tosser lol

I won't deny certain poster's and I have history.....it's quite funny really.

However, my point here is this, Anyone and I mean anyone who takes the Chair will eventually be vilified just like Barry. In truth the problem is, is that Barry has done it too long. Long enough for there to be a complete breakdown of trust and relationship.

The name calling and slating the bloke gets is just way out of control, The Mods shall we say are ever so slightly against Mr Blatter (as they say) and it shows in their attitude and tolerance to others in their behaviour towards him.

I just cant wait for the next committee to take it on, then we'll see just how bad the current bunch are. Just need the takers to stand up, some of the more vocals have already ruled themselves out. Funny that!

From this post Lags, it looks like you agree there should be a change in the Trust. Do you not think that the way you are so aggro when the topic is brought up that you may be putting people off coming forward who may be great for the job? It looks like you would almost go out of your way to make sure it wouldn't work out (this is just my opinion). We all need to pull together after this :censored:ing shambles of a week, not carry on back-biting. We're all supposed to be on the same side.

From this post Lags, it looks like you agree there should be a change in the Trust. Do you not think that the way you are so aggro when the topic is brought up that you may be putting people off coming forward who may be great for the job? It looks like you would almost go out of your way to make sure it wouldn't work out (this is just my opinion). We all need to pull together after this :censored:ing shambles of a week, not carry on back-biting. We're all supposed to be on the same side.

I do agree jorvik, I think that Lags has a personal crusade to hound the new Fans Rep on the Board before he is even appointed!

By the way Lags I deal everyday with people who run their own Companies-most of them are thick as Pigs,,,,,

If you cannot contribute anything positive then just leave it to others to try to make progress otherwise we end with Blatter no2

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Elections I'm sure are in April as is the AGM

For me, trustoldham, is like that insurance policy stuck in a drawer, that if anything happend, you have piece of mind that the insurance or trust in this case, has the knowledge to look after your club/your interest.

If it doesn't, then this season, you have the chance to change it, or even think about getting involved more.

Help is always being asked for, and if you can commit brilliant.

Elections I'm sure are in April as is the AGM

For me, trustoldham, is like that insurance policy stuck in a drawer, that if anything happend, you have piece of mind that the insurance or trust in this case, has the knowledge to look after your club/your interest.

If it doesn't, then this season, you have the chance to change it, or even think about getting involved more.

Help is always being asked for, and if you can commit brilliant.

April thanks Tracey. There is no point anyone siting back and just saying it wont work/I am too busy!

I heard it directly from Barry that the members can vote him out at re-election time! Just please everyone take up your membership of the Trust which is free to ST holders so for them just take your season ticket down to a meeting (TBA) at the O2 suite and register as a member, Tracey is it £5 for non ST holders?

Push the issue about how/if you will be contacted about any AGM/votes etc! When the time comes ensure that you either attend to vote or organise a proxy!

Our club has been dragged through the gutter-take a little bit of time to try to fix the Trust bit of it-it is all that we really have!

Hello chaddy, yes I believe it still is £5.00 for non season ticket holders to join the trust. I will try and clarify though if it gives voting rights as I don't want to give anyone the wrong message.

I know the trust wanted to start prepping for the vote now in the New year. There has a been a slight delay with regards to fans data as the club are having/should have had a new CRM system and they wanted the cleanse the data to ensure fans records were current and accurate before reminders/voting forms or however fans are going to be contacted. Once this has been confirmed, I'm sure season tickets holders will be notified.

TBA on your vote, make it count

Surely anyone serious about doing the job shouldn't be put off by Lags pointing out what possibly may happen in the future. If they are then that in itself proves they definitely don't have a thick enough skin to do the job!!

Edited by dannyboy55555

Hello chaddy, yes I believe it still is £5.00 for non season ticket holders to join the trust. I will try and clarify though if it gives voting rights as I don't want to give anyone the wrong message.

I know the trust wanted to start prepping for the vote now in the New year. There has a been a slight delay with regards to fans data as the club are having/should have had a new CRM system and they wanted the cleanse the data to ensure fans records were current and accurate before reminders/voting forms or however fans are going to be contacted. Once this has been confirmed, I'm sure season tickets holders will be notified.

TBA on your vote, make it count

Tracey if the £5 subscription doesnt give voting rights then it is not worth paying!

Which is rather a crazy view when I've been working on the playershare committee quite some time, which is designed to help OAFC.

I think you'll find the crusade as been waged against the Trust/Playershare, jesus check out the flack. I treat people as they treat me brother. People can back bite me, I'll bite back, People wanna dish it to me, I'll dish it back. Simples.

I can't wait till the entire Committees are made up of the crusaders (like that thanks) because they'll see it from the other side.

I am OAFC to the core and always will be. To go out of my way to harm that club? behave yourself.

If you cannot see why Barry lost the confidence of the masses then that's exactly why the next Chair will come to the same fate.

Time for the crusaders to step up....yes it's time the trust changed, agreed.

Edited by Lags

Lags is only saying "Its a hard job, if you think its easy - give it a go" whether people agree with his view on Barry or not, he is right on that.

Pulling the fans together, let alone gaining their confidence would be a start.

Edited by pukka

I do agree jorvik, I think that Lags has a personal crusade to hound the new Fans Rep on the Board before he is even appointed!

By the way Lags I deal everyday with people who run their own Companies-most of them are thick as Pigs,,,,,

If you cannot contribute anything positive then just leave it to others to try to make progress otherwise we end with Blatter no2

Oick Oick.....

Carry on sir....carry on

Read in between my mocking CS. I've explained how Barry Blatter lost the trust of the masses. Until these lessons are learnt by the foot soldiers, ie not everything can be cascaded down, not every popular fans wish list can be met, then the trust in the chair starts to evaporate.

Not everything each individual member comes up with that should have been updated on the website, not every question ever posed by every single member will get asked.........................it's time consuming for committee folk who have full time jobs. It's a thankless task and my mocking is wishing this on the bright young things who like to dish out the flack the best of luck.

I think if you look hard enough you'll find your existing committee put a lot of time in and the flack still rains down.

Do you remember reading that? that is the root cause of the troubles.

Carry on with your progress, am happy to watch it.

Oick Oick this thick pig is happy in his :censored:

Edited by Lags

It's quite ironic really you think I wish to hound the new rep.........you mean like the existing one does.

It will happen, unless it's accepted he must keep boardroom secrets. If he/she doesn't hear the secrets to be kept then there's no point him/her existing.

Edited by Lags

Lags is only saying "Its a hard job, if you think its easy - give it a go" whether people agree with his view on Barry or not, he is right on that.

Pulling the fans together, let alone gaining their confidence would be a start.

Barry is finished as the fans rep Ryan.....I am not in the know but I'd wager a place on the board would be found for him.

As for the rest, spot on that man. Spot on.

Lags could the fans rep of done more this week to gauge the feelings of the fans ? My feeling is he is being taken away from that part of his role and hasnt the time to represent the fans, I know he works endless hours at little expense for the club and I applaud that but he simply cannot represent the view of the fans without asking them.

Lags could the fans rep of done more this week to gauge the feelings of the fans ? My feeling is he is being taken away from that part of his role and hasnt the time to represent the fans, I know he works endless hours at little expense for the club and I applaud that but he simply cannot represent the view of the fans without asking them.

Totally agree with...wholeheartedly.

However for the reasons I've outlined above Barry is so vilified and as been for years now, had he came on here for example, what would have been the general response? by honest.

I am not saying it shouldn't have happened, as I stated in the first line. Yet I also know why it didn't.

The basher's are equally to blame for the status quo. Yet will they see that? well if they don't the new chair will get the same fate.

Edited by Lags