What Can The Fans Possibly Do? Focus On Saturday V Doncaster (H)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think there'll be anyone singing rapist songs? Even if not our own fans, Rovers fans will.

It's interesting that indecent chanting is an offence under the Football Offences Act 1991, and offenders could be subject to a banning order.

Enforcement may be the problem.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmcumeds/89/8905.htm

Aaron I completely agree it has split opinion. But at no point has the club asked for opinion on what is a very emotive subject. They've also hinted that they have actually done this in the media. This decision has nothing to do with the fans. Its purely a desperate attempt to gain some money further down the line. I've got nowt against you, you're entitled to your opinion but don't try and say the club have taken the good people who have been supporting the club over the last 10+ horrible years thoughts into consideration.

Exactly! They don't care that's clearly obvious.

I'll be going on Saturday

I'll be sitting in the Main Stand Upper for the first time since I used to go and watch the Reserves (directors seats aside) with the vouchers we used to get in the back of the ST

I will say my piece to Barry Blatter as and when he appears from feeding his face pre match (If he attends)

I will support the team but will not be taking part in applause or celebrations should Evans take to the pitch or score

I may well Boo if he is brought on as a sub

As far as Mr Evans is concerned I only have one thing to say........Break a leg son Break a leg. Does that make me a bad person maybe but at this exact moment I really do feel very bitter

I have already emailed the necessary people at the club and indeed texted Mr Corney to confirm that I am pulling away from an agreement we had made for my company to lease on of the Exec Boxes within the new stand......No Reply

I really am gutted about the whole thing and feel that MY club have been dragged through the mud by people who are looking after their own agenda. I've supported and attended games for 35 years. I feel that I as an individual have not been listened to. Rightly or wrongly I blame our Fans Rep for that

Well said!

I'll be sitting in the Main Stand Upper for the first time since I used to go and watch the Reserves (directors seats aside) with the vouchers we used to get in the back of the ST

I will say my piece to Barry Blatter as and when he appears from feeding his face pre match (If he attends)

I will support the team but will not be taking part in applause or celebrations should Evans take to the pitch or score

As far as Mr Evans is concerned I only have one thing to say........Break a leg son Break a leg. Does that make me a bad person maybe but at this exact moment I really do feel very bitter

I have already emailed the necessary people at the club and indeed texted Mr Corney to confirm that I am pulling away from an agreement we had made for my company to lease on of the Exec Boxes within the new stand......No Reply

I really am gutted about the whole thing and feel that MY club have been dragged through the mud by people who are looking after their own agenda. I've supported and attended games for 35 years. I feel that I as an individual have not been listened to. Rightly or wrongly I blame our Fans Rep for that

To say 'Break a leg' means you wish them good luck in the entertainment world.

Edited by BP1960

Well...what a disappointment feel gutted tbh. I have said previously that I will not attend and let my season ticket book just serve me as a lesson in life that love and respect is not always a two way thing....BUT I am starting to feel like I dont have an outlet for my anger so I will attend on Saturday and let my feelings and anger known for all to see just one last time!

I agree. I am massively against this signing but also the way it has been handled by the club especially by our so called fans representative. If I do go on Saturday (I am in two minds) I will be wanting to vent my displeasure, particularly against Barry Owen.

Ps does anyone know if there is a formal way for members to remove the chair of the trust from his post?

Those who are boycotting may as well start boycotting this place too. The team needs your support. By all means have a pop at the board, the directors, Corney, but you dont just stop going because of one player. The 11 players on the pitch on saturday need your support-they have done no wrong in all this.

Moaning about what an 'outrage' the whole thing is and declaring that 'you'll never go again' does no good to the team of players (excluding Evans) who will be playing on Saturday. Nor does it do your club (the club that you all supposedly love) any favours in potentially reaching its highest league position in 10 years.

I'll be there on Saturday, as I will every saturday forthcoming. One player does not make a team. Get behind those at the club who have had no say in this and support them. They need it.

Those who are boycotting may as well start boycotting this place too. The team needs your support. By all means have a pop at the board, the directors, Corney, but you dont just stop going because of one player.

It's not because of one player, it's because of an owner, board and fans rep who lied outright and didn't consult the fans, and because of the belief that the signing of that player sends an unacceptable message. Obviously not everyone shares that belief, so let's not waste our time rehashing those arguments. Edited by Crusoe

It's going to cost the father-in-law a bloody fortune to cover all the losses from this like he's apprently promised.

Summed up my own position very nicely, only i will definitely boo the rapist. I will not turn my back on the club i've loved until the 1970s, creating even bigger problems. I will stand (or sit) and protest.

Summed up my own position very nicely, only i will definitely boo the rapist. I will not turn my back on the club i've loved until the 1970s, creating even bigger problems. I will stand (or sit) and protest.

We could combine the bits in bold and turn our backs if he is brought on to the pitch.

Those who are boycotting may as well start boycotting this place too. The team needs your support. By all means have a pop at the board, the directors, Corney, but you dont just stop going because of one player. The 11 players on the pitch on saturday need your support-they have done no wrong in all this.

Moaning about what an 'outrage' the whole thing is and declaring that 'you'll never go again' does no good to the team of players (excluding Evans) who will be playing on Saturday. Nor does it do your club (the club that you all supposedly love) any favours in potentially reaching its highest league position in 10 years.

I'll be there on Saturday, as I will every saturday forthcoming. One player does not make a team. Get behind those at the club who have had no say in this and support them. They need it.

What if it's not confirmed as Owen says it might not be?

A boycott seems the best way to me to send a very clear message....

A club that don't respect or care about the opinions of its own. Including a fan on the board who is supposed to represent those fans. It won't be get my money or support.

Wrong. It does respect/care about the opinions of it's own. Not all fans have the same opinion as you.

Wrong. It does respect/care about the opinions of it's own. Not all fans have the same opinion as you.

I think it is clear that most are against this signing. Even so, in what way has the club sought to ascertain the views of its fans as Barry Owen himself said was the most important thing to do in December?

Owen out of the trust!

How does it? At the very least they should have sent Barry off to the trust for a meeting to be called and the matter to be discussed. What is the point of the trust being on the board if there isn't at least some consultation or communication with the fans on something as serious as this?

I think it is clear that most are against this signing. Even so, in what way has the club sought to ascertain the views of its fans as Barry Owen himself said was the most important thing to do in December?

Owen out of the trust!

I'm against the signing myself, but I am not going to stop going to games. You can be sure that the club is doing what it thinks fit to move the club onward. You can also be sure that this forum will be informing the club exactly the views of the fans.

I'm against the signing myself, but I am not going to stop going to games. You can be sure that the club is doing what it thinks fit to move the club onward. You can also be sure that this forum will be informing the club exactly the views of the fans.

But they won't listen they don't care with what we think.

The fat tub of lard that is the supporters representative is pursuing his own agenda he's to important to care what the likes of us think.

But they won't listen they don't care with what we think.

The fat tub of lard that is the supporters representative is pursuing his own agenda he's to important to care what the likes of us think.

Well I'll ask again as nobody seems to know, how do we as members remove him from the chair of the trust? If Corney still wants to keep him on th board then so be it but at least he can't claim to represent me!

Well I'll ask again as nobody seems to know, how do we as members remove him from the chair of the trust? If Corney still wants to keep him on th board then so be it but at least he can't claim to represent me!

YOU can't remove him as a member... Only the other directors of the trust can remove him...

Your not important enough in the trusts eye to be trusted with such a decision.

To remove him someone would have to get elected as a director of the trust. The would then need to win support from the other directors of the trust to become Chairman of the trust. At that point you would be fan on the board.

Hope this helps.

Edited by oafc0000