Johnson to Barnsley

Probably at least two years salary...not unreasonable

Remember that the person contracted has to agree to the figure -otherwise a contract doesn't get signed - and LJ probably felt that it was reasonable too.

I think the idiot attribution is towards the wrong person ....

But I think that SC initiated it obviously and therefore should have the nous as a businessman to suggest that the contract has to work both ways-we give LJ a longer contract with job security but in return we want to protect the club if he does so well that other clubs become interested,

Suggest a million and be willing to accept it being written in as £500K -but £150K come on, its ridiculously low-and remember that it will only be triggered if LJ does a good job, but we could accept less if it suits both parties

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think that SC initiated it obviously and therefore should have the nous as a businessman to suggest that the contract has to work both ways-we give LJ a longer contract with job security but in return we want to protect the club if he does so well that other clubs become interested,

Suggest a million and be willing to accept it being written in as £500K -but £150K come on, its ridiculously low-and remember that it will only be triggered if LJ does a good job, but we could accept less if it suits both parties

Who is paying 500k for a L1 manager?

By the bookmakers, what is he supposed to do?

He could have instantly ruled himself out of the Barnsley job; that's all that needed to be done. He hasn't denied wanting a move which could be considered disrespectful to us as he's obviously negotiating with at least one other club at present. If anything, he is causing yet more instability at the club during an important time of the season.

So LJ is worth one and a half Poleons?

They may be sticking other clauses in like if he gets then promoted - is that possible with managers, like players.

I think Tommy W and Paul Murray ( if he didn't go where LJ goes) could do the job managing the players and subs/team selection.

But it's the player recruitment that I would worry about. Although he was always going to make some mistakes as there's always a gamble with players at this level, on the whole LJ has managed to find rough diamonds or relatively average players (Kelly, JCH, J Wilson, Tarky [remember when he was the error-prone boo boy...) and train them into strong players and made money off them. That is an essential requirement given out finances. He's also shown he can deliver with players from a higher level too (K Smith, Elokobi).

We were :censored:e around this time last season and then LJ was able to re-tune then into a more gritty, solid 4-1-4-1 that ground out the points and formed a run at the end of the season. Can he do it again? If Wilkinson gets back and stays fit, maybe. Perhaps he'll do with Murphy what he did with JCH last season.

But wasn't it around this time last season that we got battered by the likes of Preston at home...

We know these players seem to lack mental strength - Philliskirk seems to be suffering hugely and dips as soon as he puts in a performances, j Wilson (with one eye on his summer transfer) has not been the leader we hoped and unfortunately seems to have been found out, and there's many more - but does LJ... Does he believe or has the Ched thing and these links with other clubs taken it's toll. Only he'll know if his mind is in the job anymore. But it's fine margins in football - he either gets his move with the financial clout to get better players, or he stays put and if these players flop for him and our season fades out with a whimper - he won't be linked with as many jobs.

I think there's a big frustration among the fans, that explodes after defeats like yesterday, because this is our best chance in years, possibly a vital chance (this or next season) to reshape the club's fate and appeal, with the new stand coming, and these spineless performances in a particularly :censored:e L1 this season are pissing it up the wall.

I still believe if he had another season we'd be closer next time around. He's learning all the time, after all.

He could have instantly ruled himself out of the Barnsley job; that's all that needed to be done. He hasn't denied wanting a move which could be considered disrespectful to us as he's obviously negotiating with at least one other club at present. If anything, he is causing yet more instability at the club during an important time of the season.

LJ is a young bloke with a young family building the foundations of a career, so why should you expect him to rule himself completly out of all other managerial vacancies when reporters ask him about it? He says the right things-I am happy at Oldham, I am contracted to Oldham, if an approach is made to Oldham they can deal with it etc etc.

The club has issued no statement on the matter so give them some grief if it helps you

LJ is a young bloke with a young family building the foundations of a career, so why should you expect him to rule himself completly out of all other managerial vacancies when reporters ask him about it? He says the right things-I am happy at Oldham, I am contracted to Oldham, if an approach is made to Oldham they can deal with it etc etc.

The club has issued no statement on the matter so give them some grief if it helps you

So why is it disrespectful for us fans to discuss potential replacements if he's negotiating with at least one fellow league one club?

Doesn't LJ have just over 3 years left on his contract? So, if £150K is the compensation, that's only in the region of £50K a year, Is he really only on a grand a week, for round figures? I doubt it. That £150K can't possibly be paying off the rest of his contract, surely.

Apart from anything else, he hasn't gone yet. And there's no guarantee that he will, so why don't we just wait and see?

Doesn't LJ have just over 3 years left on his contract? So, if £150K is the compensation, that's only in the region of £50K a year, Is he really only on a grand a week, for round figures? I doubt it. That £150K can't possibly be paying off the rest of his contract, surely.

Apart from anything else, he hasn't gone yet. And there's no guarantee that he will, so why don't we just wait and see?

I was led to believe from somebody within the club that his original deal was a very modest basic salary of c£40k pa. I remember being surprised. I didn't ask about bonuses though.

I was led to believe from somebody within the club that his original deal was a very modest basic salary of c£40k pa. I remember being surprised. I didn't ask about bonuses though.

He was on a basic of less than £40k p.a. when he started with us.

I'm genuinely surprised at that. No wonder other clubs with more dosh might look appealing. So, would he be just chasing the money if he went? Would he see Barnsley, Peterborough et al as better potential? Or, is the salary immaterial and he wants to see the job through at Latics? Time will tell, I suppose.

I'm genuinely surprised at that. No wonder other clubs with more dosh might look appealing. So, would he be just chasing the money if he went? Would he see Barnsley, Peterborough et al as better potential? Or, is the salary immaterial and he wants to see the job through at Latics? Time will tell, I suppose.

I never understand what this is supposed to mean in football.

So why is it disrespectful for us fans to discuss potential replacements if he's negotiating with at least one fellow league one club?

So which club is that and in which paper did you read this?

Well I would imagine it means seeing the season through and seeing if he can get us promotion.

I think there's more chance of promotion with someone else in charge personally. He's a conman.

You are entitled to your opinion, mine differs!