Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lose and its always the same arseholes moaning!

So predictable that as soon as a link to Barnsley was made that if we lost the tossers who give empty threats to never go again because they don't like something would have the knives out.

It would be interesting to know what MacAnthony fell out with Gary Johnson over.

Because if it wasn't for that, I think he might see Lee as the ideal candidate.

Peterboro a much more realistic option for him than Barnsley. And if he did go I couldn't see anything other than an internal appointment til the end of the season at least. In my opinion it'd be the end of the playoffs this season too.

The Sunday People says we want 150k compensation for him and that he's interested in going...

That would probably be a contractual release clause (or the remaining value of his contract).

He could kill it stone dead if he wanted to - and pre-match yesterday would have been the right timing.

So either he's using it to negotiate a better deal with Latics or more likely he wants the move.

Peterboro a much more realistic option for him than Barnsley. And if he did go I couldn't see anything other than an internal appointment til the end of the season at least. In my opinion it'd be the end of the playoffs this season too.

I know we're still (somehow) within striking distance but this team's not making the playoffs this season, regardless of whether Johnson stays or goes.

He seems happy enough to be having his name touted around for other jobs...

Correct like I said last week it should of been put to bed but we have a manager who puts his own interests before the teams. Its good publicity for him to be linked with these jobs the problem is the circus surrounding it is at our expense.

The Sunday People says we want 150k compensation for him and that he's interested in going...

Going where? If you do mean Peterbro the newspaper would have had to spoken to him about it before midnight for it to be in todays paper and one would assume that he would have been on the team coach back from London most of those available hours so it would have been difficult for him to express his interest!

Btw if £150K is within the contract we are stuck with a :censored: contract. If Corney would accept an offer of £150K then he is a bigger idiot than I thought he was!

Going where? If you do mean Peterbro the newspaper would have had to spoken to him about it before midnight for it to be in todays paper and one would assume that he would have been on the team coach back from London most of those available hours so it would have been difficult for him to express his interest!

Btw if £150K is within the contract we are stuck with a :censored: contract. If Corney would accept an offer of £150K then he is a bigger idiot than I thought he was!

My apologies: it was Barnsley they were referring to...

Probably at least two years salary...not unreasonable

Remember that the person contracted has to agree to the figure -otherwise a contract doesn't get signed - and LJ probably felt that it was reasonable too.

I think the idiot attribution is towards the wrong person ....

Edited by LaticsPete