Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone put £50 on Adkins then .... been told by several bookies the market is just a play bet and unless a BIG club they dont take it seriously ie Sven appears on lists regularly.

Lower league manager odds are almost entirely based on the market... if you call up and ask for £300 on someone they'll assume you know something and the odds will nosedive - it's just a computer algorithm, there's no 'intelligence' to it.

Lower league manager odds are almost entirely based on the market... if you call up and ask for £300 on someone they'll assume you know something and the odds will nosedive - it's just a computer algorithm, there's no 'intelligence' to it.

And they are likely to refuse your bet, then offer you £3.62 at a much shorter price and thank you for your info when you tell them to feck off.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that odds on managerial placements are significantly less reliable than the average as so few people actually bet on them. As a result it takes only one or two larger bets to cause a massive sway in the odds.

"I think the betting companies make it very difficult now. Somebody puts £50 or £20 on somebody and then the odds shoot up and it creates speculation."

:)

"Corney Quits"

- Oldham Evening Chronicle 08/01/2015

"Corney quits" - after Simon Corney told the Oldham Evening Chronicle he was quitting, adding "I've had enough"

"Corney staying" - after Corney later pulls back after his toys out the pram Ched Evans collapse episode (fearing even more turmoil and media focus but knowing he's got the job done of getting his 'for sale' call out there) and releases a club statement between the time of the interview and the paper hitting the shelves.

The official site has put up a story basically repeating Johnson's non-committal comments from elsewhere. Seems a bit odd.

He's playing us.

The story will soon come out that he's spoken to them, is flattered, but loves it at Latics and is staying put* to see through his "project".

And the collective will love him all the more.

(*until something better than Barnsley comes along)

LJ in the MEN:

“If you go on a night out and three girls take a shine to you, it’s flattering. But you might have been married 10 years so it doesn’t mean you’re going to bat an eyelid.”

“I’m trying to be friendly and human, and explain how it works in any situation because hopefully this will happen 100 times, because it will mean that the club’s doing well.”