• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Making’ Rosler fit:

While the chances of Rosler ‘wanting’ to come here may not appear good it does seem unlikely he would be watching L1 games or filling his time watching them if there were any high profile clubs courting him.

It is possibly a done deal, providing Latics don’t get relegated the definition being ‘mathematically impossible’, before announcing.

Matt Chambers not ‘speculating’ could suggest the promise of a scoop is too tempting.

Similar with simoncorneyisgod: He said he had a meeting with Corney – followed by deafening silence, zilch.

With the stand starting to look the part and season tickets not mention yet maybe it's not too much of leap to think something positive is afoot.

The above is based purely on logic and reading between the lines and a rare excursion, for me, into speculating. Just another angle, we will find out ‘who’ eventually.

‘Making’ Rosler fit:

While the chances of Rosler ‘wanting’ to come here may not appear good it does seem unlikely he would be watching L1 games or filling his time watching them if there were any high profile clubs courting him.

It is possibly a done deal, providing Latics don’t get relegated the definition being ‘mathematically impossible’, before announcing.

Matt Chambers not ‘speculating’ could suggest the promise of a scoop is too tempting.

Similar with simoncorneyisgod: He said he had a meeting with Corney – followed by deafening silence, zilch.

With the stand starting to look the part and season tickets not mention yet maybe it's not too much of leap to think something positive is afoot.

The above is based purely on logic and reading between the lines and a rare excursion, for me, into speculating. Just another angle, we will find out ‘who’ eventually.

Not only logical but optimistic. I really haven't a clue. Yesterday i was back to thinking it would be Yates (cheap, young with knowledge of the lower leagues and running a small club).

I suspect simoncorneyisgod is rightly respecting a request from SC for confidentiality at this stage, otherwise he would've told us 'no comment.' Who knows, maybe MK is doing the same. This might point to an iminent announcement.

I didn't think Warburton and Rosler got on.

"Warburton stated that the much-maligned Sporting Director/director of football position can work in English football, saying though he "would row every other day" with manager Uwe Rösler, the pair never fell out and Rösler had the final say on team selection and signings."

Can't see why Corney would be looking at 2nd stage interviews and shortlisting potentials if he was about to sell the club though (as previous poster said)

"Warburton stated that the much-maligned Sporting Director/director of football position can work in English football, saying though he "would row every other day" with manager Uwe Rösler, the pair never fell out and Rösler had the final say on team selection and signings."

Can't see why Corney would be looking at 2nd stage interviews and shortlisting potentials if he was about to sell the club though (as previous poster said)

Ta.

The chron has updates on the manager hunt tomorrow.

What's odds that nothing has been heard about Rosler and the only name mentioned with a chance is the lad from Cheltenham, Yates?

If the club keep drip feeding his name through the chron for 10 weeks there won't be uproar or suprise when he gets it as we will have all accepted it.

any info you're able to divulge from your meeting simoncorneyisgod?

Hi Sheff, meeting didn't happen as I had to attend something else in Shrewsbury, I will be catching up at some point before he returns to NY, I get the feeling something is brewing as he isn't as open as usual but I havent a clue yet tbh.......it could be manager or owner related or it could be that i mention the odd thing on here........I'll let you know!

He's very relaxed about everything stand related which is a positive

This rumour doesn't fit with the journalist narrative that Corney has been conducting second interviews with potential managers in Oldham today.

Surely either one or the other...

Personally speaking, i think this whole second interviews thing is just all a smokecreen for things going on behind the scenes/already in place.

The fact that the Chron has had to re-hash the Yeates line for the past 2 weeks suggests they haven't anything of note to report