Where's The Reatined List

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see Truelove and Bove loaned out for 6 months to actually get some first team experience. Hoefully Forte is on pay as you play. Lockwood hopefully won't play again unless required so he can be first team coach. George can leave he's probably one of the biggest earners at the club and can only play around 7 games then he's injured.

off topic for a second, and apologies if it's been mentioned. but i missed the second episode of Pointless. How did you do? Unlucky in the first one.

Head to head again. Lost again. Great fun though. I think it's still on iPlayer if you can stand the punishment. :grin:

I count 10 senior pros under contract (including those on senior pro money like Winchester and Poleon).

If we lose 2 of those (say Jones and Kelly) and don't retain Elokobi and Lockwood, I would think we'll be looking to bring in 7 new faces.

The only surprise for me is that there's no decision on Mellor. I can't remember the last time he showed enough to warrant a place. I can see Locky becoming first team coach and maybe, just maybe, a different training programme will help Big George and Forte have better seasons injury wise.

New keeper

Brown/Wilson

Mills

Wilson

Elokobi/Lockwood/Dieng/new defender

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Forte/new midfielder

Forte/Philliskirk

Murphy/Poleon/Turner

Obviously assumes a 4-4-2 which might not be the case. But from the look of that I can only see 3 likely senior pros coming in - a goalkeeper, maybe a centre back, and a winger/wide midfielder. Chuck in a couple of extras to replace anyone who doesn't re-sign, and I still don't see more than 5 players coming in, not unless we're selling anyone not yet mentioned.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that even if DK wanted Dayton to stay then Dayton will have said he wants to go. He can't have been happy in himself with how things haven't worked out here.

New keeper

Brown/Wilson

Mills

Wilson

Elokobi/Lockwood/Dieng/new defender

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Forte/new midfielder

Forte/Philliskirk

Murphy/Poleon/Turner

Obviously assumes a 4-4-2 which might not be the case. But from the look of that I can only see 3 likely senior pros coming in - a goalkeeper, maybe a centre back, and a winger/wide midfielder. Chuck in a couple of extras to replace anyone who doesn't re-sign, and I still don't see more than 5 players coming in, not unless we're selling anyone not yet mentioned.

If we don't sign 2 extra strikers then we are f****d next season. Can you see that crop scoring more than what we achieved this season?!

New keeper

Brown/Wilson

Mills/truelove

Elokobi/Lockwood/Dieng/wilson

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Forte/new midfielder

Bove/Philliskirk

Murphy/Poleon/Turner

Dependant on the budget, slight changes could see it just being 1!

Give him pre-season to prove he's worth retaining. He'll be 22 by the start of the next season, with less than 50 games and a handful of loan spells. Doesn't make him a failure, but if he can't push for a place then we shouldn't be paying even a nominal wage. Tuohy and Byrnes will be pros now (assuming they signed the deals offered) and deserve their own chance.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that even if DK wanted Dayton to stay then Dayton will have said he wants to go. He can't have been happy in himself with how things haven't worked out here.

There is also the fact that he was totally crap to remember :D

Pessimistic but does the fact we're retaining all of the squad practically mean the contracted players may be leaving?

Can't say I'm unhappy with that. Kelly will have to work closely with the centre backs to improve their partnership.

If we don't sign 2 extra strikers then we are f****d next season. Can you see that crop scoring more than what we achieved this season?!

Don't we do this every season? Sign strikers, then when they fail to score bin them rather than try to improve them or work out where the service or tactics are failing. Seriously, with seven strikers already we can't keep signing more and more and not playing to the strengths of the ones we've got. I don't want an endless revolving door of players who turn out to be decent elsewhere.

DK is on record has stating he wants pace down the flanks (Or have I dreamt that?) which suggest, well getting some pace in. Forte & Poleon out wide I suppose but we didn't exactly excel last season did we?

Pessimistic but does the fact we're retaining all of the squad practically mean the contracted players may be leaving?

I can't argue with the retained list, whether contracted players leave or not is almost irrelevant when you look at the two that have been released.

Don't we do this every season? Sign strikers, then when they fail to score bin them rather than try to improve them or work out where the service or tactics are failing. Seriously, with seven strikers already we can't keep signing more and more and not playing to the strengths of the ones we've got. I don't want an endless revolving door of players who turn out to be decent elsewhere.

Of those we have signed in the past, the ones who had ability weren't played to their strengths - Rooney, Davies etc.

What are the strengths of those contracted? Philliskirk isn't a striker but more a number 10, Poleon just not prolific and Forte more a winger. The rest are squad players / work in progress etc.

Just hope Kelly/Corney gave a few aces up their sleeves on the striker front or next season will be one long struggle

Forte played better out wide anyway and Poleon has finally started to come good. Pre-season behind poleon and he could be on fire

Poleon would need to learn when to pass and when not to pass for that.

I count 10 senior pros under contract (including those on senior pro money like Winchester and Poleon).

If we lose 2 of those (say Jones and Kelly) and don't retain Elokobi and Lockwood, I would think we'll be looking to bring in 7 new faces.

Depending on positions, quoite a few of them could be midfielders!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46930-squad-movements-summer-2015/?p=771128

Edited by singe