Players linked with us

I'm never a fan of taking the same player on loan more than once. The Ripley signing struck me as a bit of a last-ditch effort, given we had missed out on Samson previously (although was that the season before?), but he developed well over his time with us and was a pretty safe pick towards the end.

I've not seen the Ripley story but assume Boro want to loan him out to a higher level. I think McGhee would have held off with Samson/Brill if there was a chance of getting Ripley back.

Would have made sense for us before e signed up Samson and Brill, but not now. Boro' might also think that he could be playing at a higher standard than here in the English Championship or their League One. Looked like he was developing into a decent keeper with us so another season would have seen him continue on that path, but not to be. Good luck to the lad.

Eh? Scratches head...

Ok ...a former England under 21 keeper who is now 23 and under contract at a premier league club sees his developing career being enhanced by signing for Oldham Athletic?

Perhaps he knows something you obviously do not...like, playing regular first-team football is better than sitting on a bench.

Perhaps he knows something you obviously do not...like, playing regular first-team football is better than sitting on a bench.

That is exactly why Middlesboro have sent him here. To develop their player and asset. Any thought that he will become an Oldham Athletic player is at best fanciful

Edited by Magister