Rochdale Road End Flag

I recently contributed towards the creation of a flag.

Did I recently read that a local company had donated the full cost? If so, can anyone involved advise what is going to be done with that money already donated?

Ta.

They're spending all the money on a bigger flag, I believe.

I recently contributed towards the creation of a flag.

Did I recently read that a local company had donated the full cost? If so, can anyone involved advise what is going to be done with that money already donated?

Ta.

Hi Alec 1954

We had a certain target to aim for to make sure it wouldnt look to small however we did decide since we went over our original target in less than 24 hours, that the flag size would now depend on the donations amount. So everyone who donated their money would be used for the flag and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a tremendous sight today to see it well done all who contributed but....

I don't envy the person who has to fold it back up in its kitbag or the ones who have to hold it down on a windy night as it pass over our heads either. It was a little gusty today and it nearly went arse over tit holding it for the photo..heheh

Right over my seat, there. Keep it away from the centre of the 'A' thankyouverymuch /grump

Well it took me a while to work to out, but it's not going to be fixed anywhere....it's going to be held aloft over your head by you as it is passed along from one side of the RRE to the other. Sort of similar to one they roll along at Anfield pre kick off..

Well it took me a while to work to out, but it's not going to be fixed anywhere....it's going to be held aloft over your head by you as it is passed along from one side of the RRE to the other. Sort of similar to one they roll along at Anfield pre kick off..

I like the flag, but is it not going to look a bit silly, they'll be very few in the rre won't they?

Oh, it's a great thing and I love the Athleticos..

I'd just rather watch the game in peace. Or is this a pre-kick off and half-time thing? Not actually during the game?

It'll be when the players come out you'd have thought. Won't be half time or during the match.

Looks good when fixed down but it's miles too big to hold aloft. Must cover about 400 seats and I can't see there being that many in the RRE next season.

Come in handy for Dale and Bury away though...

Edited by NewBlue

The new flag in the RRE! Such a great sight to see!

We'd like to thank everyone who was involved in getting it made.

Pete Mason
I think you've all come a long way since you first mentioned the idea of the Athletico Ultras. Well done to all of you, the club will always have a future as long as there are young people willing to get behind the team.

Good point, well made.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

It'll be when the players come out you'd have thought. Won't be half time or during the match.

Looks good when fixed down but it's miles too big to hold aloft. Must cover about 400 seats and I can't see there being that many in the RRE next season.

Come in handy for Dale and Bury away though...

I scoffed when you said 400 seats, but having looked a bit more closely I reckon it could be even more!

Edited by singe