Can't complain

This sounds like a man who is actively watching and waiting for a player to make a mistake.

Quite sad.

'This sounds like a man who is actively watching'

someone who pays attention to the actual game! I know crazy right! Why watch my own team defend! That may be a novel concept to you so I will leave it there although I suggest you try it one week.

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'This sounds like a man who is actively watching'

someone who pays attention to the actual game! I know crazy right! Why watch my own team defend! That may be a novel concept to you so I will leave it there although I suggest you try it one week.

I tend to follow that white, round thing when watching the game.

Be interesting to see just how many other people witnessed these two off the ball, clear penalties that you did...

Be interesting to see just how many other people witnessed these two off the ball, clear penalties that you did...

Bit like a certain defender then, ball watcher. Not very aware of the surroundings and what's actually going on - no brains! Edited by palmer1

Pretty sure BP1960 will tell you that's not how to watch the game. Sometimes, I just pick a player and watch him throughout the game, his movement, awareness, communication etc. I did it with Liam Kelly on Saturday. He's a bit of a headless chicken. Not necessarily a good thing...

Pretty sure BP1960 will tell you that's not how to watch the game. Sometimes, I just pick a player and watch him throughout the game, his movement, awareness, communication etc. I did it with Liam Kelly on Saturday. He's a bit of a headless chicken. Not necessarily a good thing...

Palmer1 picks Connor Brown every week, by the looks of it.

I once analysed a couple of Premiership defenders in a match (both good invividual players) and noticed you could literally drive a coach and horses between then. I passed on my findings to the manager of the club I was working for and he adjusted his tactics to take advantage when the teams met away from home. Our team scored 4 goals all down the middle to win easily. One of my better moments over the years.

Edited by BP1960

Palmer1 picks Connor Brown every week, by the looks of it.

You start with 1 player.

After that, 2 and build up from there.

After a while you will be able to see alsorts all over the pitch and not miss anything of note with the ball.

If I rate or don't rate a player I will join a thread to discuss it. Ive done it with in many threads recently involving Philli and Forte.

The posters in here seem to go on about my opinion of Brown quite a bit. Dont let it bother you, its my opinion. It just so happens I'm right :)

One man's 'no brains' defending in the box is another man's 'wise head' to foul without giving away penalties

If Brown manages to get away with this sort of thing every week then isn't it clever defending?

Dangerous defending is not clever and its not necessary. Id be happy if it was but his luck in those situations could run out at a vital moment, Can you imagine the uproar?

One man's 'no brains' defending in the box is another man's 'wise head' to foul without giving away penalties

If Brown manages to get away with this sort of thing every week then isn't it clever defending?

Not many complained when Lockwood bummed opposition forwards and wiped his knob on the ref's shirt every week

As much as I think Conor Brown is our best right back (admittedly not much competition). You would have to say the late challenge on Saturday where he got away with it, was :censored:in stupid.

Yes. He'd lost his head as the team got deeper. A certain penalty. But still prefer Wilson marginally.

Not Browns biggest fan but we have yet to concede with him in the team this season, its only 3 hours of football but still one to defending him with.

I was pleased last night to remain unbeaten but Colchester were really there for the taking, we set up far too safe for me and seem content to sit in like we did for much of the time under Johnson, its largely uninspiring and with Forte yet to hit form and Croft unlikely to ever score it leaves a very large burden on the shoulders of our lone front man.

It seems harsh to critisise an unbeaten team but already we are talking about missed oppurtunities, I dont think Winchester has deserved his total exclusion from the team for the last two games, he should of been on the pitch for the last half hour last night as he was the sort of player who could of won us the game, Croft seems immune from being dropped or subbed at the moment and thats a little worrying, endevour wont pick the poorer defences apart, players with vision and a formation that allows them to play will, on to Fleetwood on Saturday lets hope its a little more entertaining than the last two performances.

I'm not sure that anybody is immune from being dropped or subbed. How many subs have been made due to injury in our matches?

Because a few fans want someone subbed and he isn't doesn't mean he is immune. Especially after only 3 unbeaten matches!

I'm not sure that anybody is immune from being dropped or subbed. How many subs have been made due to injury in our matches?

Because a few fans want someone subbed and he isn't doesn't mean he is immune. Especially after only 3 unbeaten matches!

Every other player who plays in midfield has been rested dropped or subbed, Croft arguably has been our least productive yet has been an ever present, I dont get the whole trier routine dont we want to get better? Whilst I applaud his work ethic his return is piss poor.