Can't complain

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croft missed a sitter apparently.

How are we defining "sitter"? Much as I like him, I think that for Croft a "sitter" has to be where he has the ball at his feet one yard from goal, he's the only player on the pitch and the opposition's entire defence and keeper are queuing for a pie in the RRE.

Missed a follow up effort that forced a decent save but should have broke the net with it. Second one he kicked with his wrong foot when easier to score.

Sorry but don't get the love in for him he looks busy runs around a lot but he's much worse than he was 3 years ago. The head knows what he wants to do - the body can't keep up. His crossing is particularly poor.

Those chances fall to Philli or Forte and we win the game and sit 2nd or 3rd....

Thought Green was excellent when he came on as was Dieng

Probably because he said he liked to play that way it wasn't a promise. We were promised F-all no manager does.

Analyse my words if it makes you feel better my point still holds up.

As the title states we can't complain with the results so far but I can question the manner of how we have won against the style of play the manager insinuated we would start up.

Edited by Blue_Guru

As the title states we can't complain with the results so far but I can question the manner of how we have won against the style of play the manager insinuated we would start up.

So if he'd started in a blaze of attacking glory and we'd lost all 3 games 4-3 you'd be happier yeah?

Still yet to see this attacking style that Kelly promised?

I think we did see it for long spells of the Middlesbrough game, but we were also very open at the back at the same time.

It looks like he is still searching for the right balance between defensive solidity and attacking flair.

The fact that we were able to create so many chances against such high quality opposition makes me believe he'll work out how to do it against League 1 teams fairly quickly.

I think, as it was under LJ, games against better opposition where we both have a go will be great but we'll still struggle to break down less adventurous opposition.

But this should change once Dunn and/or Green are starting.

Also, we created plenty right up until the moment Cassidy got injured. The use of Cassidy appeared to be a big part of DK's tactics and with nobody similar to replace him like for like he's had to go back to the drawing board.

This signing that's supposed to be coming in will hopefully be that replacement.

Bury have scored 6 goals in their first three games but have only picked up 1 point! At this stage I'd rather have 5 points with only one conceded. I'm confident we will figure out how to score

Missed a follow up effort that forced a decent save but should have broke the net with it. Second one he kicked with his wrong foot when easier to score.

Sorry but don't get the love in for him he looks busy runs around a lot but he's much worse than he was 3 years ago. The head knows what he wants to do - the body can't keep up. His crossing is particularly poor.

Those chances fall to Philli or Forte and we win the game and sit 2nd or 3rd....

Thought Green was excellent when he came on as was Dieng

He won't be dropped for exactly that reason: the running.

It's painful to see Winchester, who can make anything happen at any time out of nothing, an unused sub when Croft's end-product is non-existent.

On the crossing topic, that's what I remember him being particularly good at during his last spell, but in the 3 I've seen and the other I haven't, according to you, his crossing hasn't been up to standard. We don't even have Cassidy as the target now either.

He's not the standard of some of our subs and if it's fine to drop Winchester after two games, then four should be more than enough to drop Croft.

You just can't have players who will miss sitters more often than score them regularly getting on the end of these chances. It will cost us over the course of the season.

I listened to the first half last night on the radio and heard Croft mentioned a lot-he will continue to play. Mike Jones hardly got a mention though?

I know that you have a love in with Winny but he doesn't offer half as much endeavour as Croft does and over 90 minutes.

At the moment Winny is out of favour with the manager but he will get his chance but Green and Dunn will be challenging too. Its nice to have options, though.

I listened to the first half last night on the radio and heard Croft mentioned a lot-he will continue to play. Mike Jones hardly got a mention though?

I know that you have a love in with Winny but he doesn't offer half as much endeavour as Croft does and over 90 minutes.

At the moment Winny is out of favour with the manager but he will get his chance but Green and Dunn will be challenging too. Its nice to have options, though.

Echoes of Smith-Wesolowski arguments. Winny offers end-product, and we've scored two goals in 3 matches. I'd put Philly ahead of Croft too.

Croft may have been mentioned a lot but the commentator thought our manager was called Danny Kelly, I wouldn't take much notice of his comments on our team.