Manager Phone in on Radio Manchester: Monday 6pm

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't take long did it...

Rumours of not playing players as cannot afford the appearance fees & CCJ's against them due to alleged cash flow issues.

But if the rumours are as robust as some of the ones posted on here then I wouldn't put massive credibility in them.

On the subject of promotion to the Championship, the rarely-wrong Chron quotes Barry Owen's exact words from the radio broadcast:

“Oldham, like Rochdale or Bury, wouldn't be able to sustain that level of expenditure. You wouldn't turn it down if you got promoted. Your income is better and you get better payments from the Football League and FA and sponsors. But it would be very difficult to sustain.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93683/latics-must-shed-players-to-gain-players-owen

Don't be silly. The Chron is in Barry's pocket.........it's how the mob are portraying it, he said the fans are fools, Latics is just our's to feed our ego's. We have no desire of going up cos it'll take money we use for our benefits.

Barry like everyone on here makes mistakes, but seriously mob, it's boring.

Don't be silly. The Chron is in Barry's pocket.........it's how the mob are portraying it, he said the fans are fools, Latics is just our's to feed our ego's. We have no desire of going up cos it'll take money we use for our benefits.

Barry like everyone on here makes mistakes, but seriously mob, it's boring.

So is he a prick or not?

Just listened to this all the way through.........................................What's all this fuss and nonsense about?. My god!!

If your happy with that blatent so of negativity and defeatism by a our chairmans errand boy then I dont even know where to begin

If your happy with that blatent so of negativity and defeatism by a our chairmans errand boy then I dont even know where to begin

Some of the :censored:e spouted on this thread is way over the top and sensationalised. I heard absolutely nothing more negative on the phone in that's not mentioned on here in many a thread about Latics finances and what we can and can't afford. Or who needs shipping out.

It was big bad Bazza who said it this time though wasn't it. It's nothing but akin to my junior school yard days this mob mentality on here at times. All wanting to be with the in crowd. When he fooks up properly I've no axe with anyone ripping into Bazza, but come on.......on that phone in?

Edited by Lags

For me, Lags, the problem wasn't Barry during the phone-in - that was one of his better airings, all things considered - it was what his honesty revealed about the mindset of those on the board and the owner.

There is no actual ambition to go up. 'If you got promoted of course you'd take it' isn't the inspiring attitude that would make any fan reconsider their exile from the club, is it?

Instead of the more professionalised words of Corney, Barry said it how it is. There are certainly some on here that have an axe to grind with Barry, but for most it's not anything personal, it's that he speaks truthfully from the perspective of the club, and they don't like what that opinion of those at the top.

For me, Lags, the problem wasn't Barry during the phone-in - that was one of his better airings, all things considered - it was what his honesty revealed about the mindset of those on the board and the owner.

There is no actual ambition to go up. 'If you got promoted of course you'd take it' isn't the inspiring attitude that would make any fan reconsider their exile from the club, is it?

Instead of the more professionalised words of Corney, Barry said it how it is. There are certainly some on here that have an axe to grind with Barry, but for most it's not anything personal, it's that he speaks truthfully from the perspective of the club, and they don't like what that opinion of those at the top.

One of the better posts. I don't think the club nor Barry don't want to go up. I really don't think that's the mindset. I reckon (and this obviously are my thoughts) that they will have sat down and thought, how are going to compete if we do go up, given we struggle now in league One. Rather than we can't go up we wont survive. I think it's one of those were you get something you've always wanted and then you worry once you have it.

I think you are wrong, Lags. There are so many people on here that I am so different from on so many levels that it sometimes horrifys me when I share an opinion with them. I dont want to be in their 'in crowd' but they are spot on about BO. He is an embarrassing, power hungry, self serving twonk.

Did anyone one else clock the giggling when one of the callers asked a question?

The problem with the phone in was that the people asking the questions were not allowed to come back after the answer, or none answer in most cases. Too much time was spent on waffle by the presenter and his co-host on a pointless competition etc.

Some of the :censored:e spouted on this thread is way over the top and sensationalised. I heard absolutely nothing more negative on the phone in that's not mentioned on here in many a thread about Latics finances and what we can and can't afford. Or who needs shipping out.

It was big bad Bazza who said it this time though wasn't it. It's nothing but akin to my junior school yard days this mob mentality on here at times. All wanting to be with the in crowd. When he fooks up properly I've no axe with anyone ripping into Bazza, but come on.......on that phone in?

You obviously feel quite strongly about this Lags - how come you've never leapt to Barry's defence before?

I think you are wrong, Lags. There are so many people on here that I am so different from on so many levels that it sometimes horrifys me when I share an opinion with them. I dont want to be in their 'in crowd' but they are spot on about BO. He is an embarrassing, power hungry, self serving twonk.

This thread and my response is about the phone in and nothing else.

You obviously feel quite strongly about this Lags - how come you've never leapt to Barry's defence before?

This thread and my response is about the phone in and nothing else.

That said I have a numerous occasions commented on the mob mentality regarding BO. So much is attributed to BO on OWTB that as jack :censored:e to do with him. It's bordering on boring.