Manager Phone in on Radio Manchester: Monday 6pm

Actually thought Barry didn't come across too badly. I've found him much more media savvy since the whole Ched Evans debacle.

Daz, on the other hand...

Barry came across okay up until the whole 'we don't want to get promoted part'

Daz is limited as to what he can say when confronted by tactical questions. He came across badly but it's understandable why.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually thought Barry didn't come across too badly. I've found him much more media savvy since the whole Ched Evans debacle.

Daz, on the other hand...

Im sure DK felt let down some players didn't follow the training instructions. My bet is he will be much tougher from now on.

The board have made it clear they don't want to go up tonight.

As it stands they are £300+ of a season ticket they will be down for 2016/17. I wont be paying my hard earned if they don't give a :censored:.

Edited by pukka

As it stands they are £300+ of a season ticket they will be down for 2016/17. I wont be paying my hard earned if they don't give a :censored:.

I just don't agree. There have been plenty of times when the board have brought players in that they wouldn't have done if they didn't want to go up (obviously they haven't worked).

It's just Barry talking :censored:.

Darren Kelly sounds like a puppet, if it's true I'm not surprised the players aren't following his instructions! The guy doesn't command respect or seem to have any kind of authority about him. He told us he had the antedote to this league and lo and behold it was a lie. It seems he's not been included in transfer discussions which then makes you wonder what he's there for?

I'm tired of people saying "give him a chance" blah blah blah, we are now sliding down that slope towards extinction and these 2 chumps are waving there hands in the air enjoying the ride

Darren Kelly sounds like a puppet, if it's true I'm not surprised the players aren't following his instructions! The guy doesn't command respect or seem to have any kind of authority about him. He told us he had the antedote to this league and lo and behold it was a lie. It seems he's not been included in transfer discussions which then makes you wonder what he's there for?

I'm tired of people saying "give him a chance" blah blah blah, we are now sliding down that slope towards extinction and these 2 chumps are waving there hands in the air enjoying the ride

We're 12th in the league. We've not lost a league game this season. I'd say he's doing alright so far.

We're 12th in the league. We've not lost a league game this season. I'd say he's doing alright so far.

That's because Fleetwood's forwards couldn't shoot for :censored:, rather than Kelly's tactical know-how.

Edited by JoeP

Where did they say that. ?

On our attendances and infrastructure was he not merely passing judgement that financially it would be a near impossible task to compete

Doesn't stop us having a go though

Some proper drama queens on here. !

Edited by WhitworthBlue

On our attendances and infrastructure was he not merely passing judgement that financially it would be a near impossible task to compete

Attendences and infrastructure can both be improved. It's suited Corney for years telling us we're punching above our weight as we've accepted mediocrity for a long time. The sad thing is, there are a lot now who've accepted it as our future as well.

longtimeblue has summed it up well, but you can see it on the pitch too.

End of last season when Johnson left we gave up on the season. The closest we'd come to challenging for a few years and we just packed it in.

"Course you wouldn't turn it down if you got promoted. You'd take it"

Absolutely laughable negative statement. Speaks volumes of the ambitions of those at the top.

"It would be very very difficult to sustain so expectations have got to be realistic" essentially means 'we probably would get relegated from the Championship so no point bothering trying to get there'

We can't compete in the championship. ...oh well league 1 2 or conference for ever

Everyone should have realised this anyway. Wages are at least 3 or 4 times ours at the lower end. Gates are at least 3 times ours at the lower end. Our gates of around 4000 may increase to 6 or 7000 mainly through away support, so it's obvious we can't compete any more. The bigger clubs like Middlesbro, Derby and Leeds etc. are on a different planet to us.

As far as the board not wanting us to go up, I think Corney has made it clear that his main focus is ensuring that we stay in this division ie avoiding relegation . We are treading water until he can sell us, if the new stand ever opens he can use it to make us a more attractive prospect. This attitude from the club isn't the least bit surprising. No club with ambition would appoint Kelly, not because he's a bad manager, I have yet to judge him. But because he is just a nice cheap option.

No lack of ambition on the part of the club to achieve success both on and off the field.
The new stand reflects this ambition and on the playing side we have, in my opinion, assembled the strongest squad of players for some time, evidenced by the quality of player on the bench in the first league games of the season.
Cassidys injury is a blow and it will not be easy to replace him given our limited resource but we are attempting to do so.
Of course, should we achieve promotion, it would be difficult to compete in the Championship against clubs with vastly greater wealth and fan bases and the gap is becoming ever increasingly more difficult to bridge, but it would be fantastic to be able to give it a go and see what we can achieve. Having been associated with the club for all its time in League One, believe me, I'd love a run at the playoffs and to see Oldham Athletic in the Championship.
Thanks for your continued support.
Neil

had this from neil joy

No lack of ambition on the part of the club to achieve success both on and off the field.

The new stand reflects this ambition and on the playing side we have, in my opinion, assembled the strongest squad of players for some time, evidenced by the quality of player on the bench in the first league games of the season.

Cassidys injury is a blow and it will not be easy to replace him given our limited resource but we are attempting to do so.

Of course, should we achieve promotion, it would be difficult to compete in the Championship against clubs with vastly greater wealth and fan bases and the gap is becoming ever increasingly more difficult to bridge, but it would be fantastic to be able to give it a go and see what we can achieve. Having been associated with the club for all its time in League One, believe me, I'd love a run at the playoffs and to see Oldham Athletic in the Championship.

Thanks for your continued support.

Neil

had this from neil joy

Thats what you want to hear, send Neil or Anthony next time, Baz clearly isnt media savvy

Odds on the players trying to be pushed out? The way they talked about it it sounds like fringe players.

I would say evens on Murphy followed by 3/1 on Poleon and 5/1 on Forte

The way they were talked about means it's going to be hard to resurrect any kind of career at BP if we're not able to get rid. They'll know who they are.

what are we actually competing for in this league? Just to survive? A decent cup run? Whilst we have been in this league we've seen teams a lot smaller than us with smaller budgets gain promotion. Just wish we showed some ambition.

according to The Bazaster, latics dont have a purpose anymore.following that bent logic, theres no point him being there then.just get rid of him and stop moving the problem around