James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this why/how were splurging with Gerrard and possibly Holt? £1.5m if 25%

20% is the highest I've seen mooted. And, IF, the deal value is £6m, about half of that will be add-ons. And, in any case, we won't be spending whatever we get on players.

20% is the highest I've seen mooted. And, IF, the deal value is £6m, about half of that will be add-ons. And, in any case, we won't be spending whatever we get on players.

How do you know that? Half will be add ons? I doubt it........Burnley have been chasing for a while therefore Brentford will make the deal suit them yes I'm sure it will include add ons but HALF I doubt it.

Every deal is different - Newcastle for instance have offered £21m upfront for Berahino

We will lose around £700,000 this year. Operating costs. It's what happens when people who could attend chose not to attend, but prefer to pontifcate from the sidelines. Our gates are a joke. Other clubs suffer from poor football and lack of success, but retain a solid fan base. We don't have that type of loyalty in large enough numbers.

Any money will be used to balance the books.

We will lose around £700,000 this year. Operating costs. It's what happens when people who could attend chose not to attend, but prefer to pontifcate from the sidelines. Our gates are a joke. Other clubs suffer from poor football and lack of success, but retain a solid fan base. We don't have that type of loyalty in large enough numbers.

Any money will be used to balance the books.

Which goes some way to explaining the decline in attendances.

Historically when money has been brought in some of it has been spent

I don't see a reason for that to change

Hopefully you are correct and I am not just looking for us to sign someone permanently to prove me wrong-a couple of 'decent' ie costly loan or free signings would do. The bargain basement signings will not in my view mean us avoiding relegation. However good Shez is!

The reason for it to change is that we have a cashflow crisis in my opinion!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

How do you know that? Half will be add ons? I doubt it........Burnley have been chasing for a while therefore Brentford will make the deal suit them yes I'm sure it will include add ons but HALF I doubt it.

Every deal is different - Newcastle for instance have offered £21m upfront for Berahino

I don't know. But Brentford's valuation is widely suggested to be £4m and Burnley's opening bid £2.5m. It's difficult to see how you get anywhere near an upfront of £6m from there.

Medical completed-deal expected in next couple of hours-bet its effing undisclosed!

Suppliers of materials for the North Stand :deal2: are on their way to BP already

Of course it will be. Dyche doesn't want people pointing out how much money he's throwing around when he makes out that Middlesbrough are buying promotion.

Glad that Tarky has got a move back nearer home given his circumstances, and to a club that could genuinely be playing top flight football again next season.

The rumours around the financial impact for Latics are, as usual, wild and varied.

Sell-on clauses of 10-25% quoted, and a fee of £2.5m to £6m - so that give s a range of £250k to £1.5m in terms of a 'windfall' for the club.

Commercial contracts are a complicated beast and I'd imagine that we will never know the true figures.

Questions I do wonder though - does any sell-on fee refer only to the initial purchase fee? Or does it apply to any future payments that might be associated with appearances, promotion etc?