James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart James on Twitter: "James Tarkowski set to have medical at Burnley tomorrow after £3m fee agreed with Brentford (Fulham offered £1m more in the summer)."

If true £530k coming our way!!!

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Even if he does move let's not get too giddy with the money.

The omniscient MilnrowLatics has checked on sell-on fees. In such a case then the club who initially sold the player gets paid first. So if it's 20% of £1million , for example, then that club would get the first £200,000 - if the fee was paid in a single transaction .

If however it was paid in 4 instalments (and phased payment is quite common) , then first club would get 20% of each instalment of £250,000 per year, so £50,000.

That could be seen to be better in that the first club has a guaranteed income over years, but the initial windfall would be much less.

08:39

TARKOWSKI MEDICAL

Brentford defender James Tarkowski is having a medical at Burnley, according to the Football League Paper.

The Lancashire club had an offer of £2.5m plus add-ons rejected for the centre-back earlier this month but it is believed he could be allowed to move for a fee of around £4m-£5m.

Tarkowski is looking to move to the north of England for personal reasons.

He has made 72 appearances for the Bees and his contract is set to expire at the end of next season.

08:39

TARKOWSKI MEDICAL

Brentford defender James Tarkowski is having a medical at Burnley, according to the Football League Paper.

The Lancashire club had an offer of £2.5m plus add-ons rejected for the centre-back earlier this month but it is believed he could be allowed to move for a fee of around £4m-£5m.

Tarkowski is looking to move to the north of England for personal reasons.

He has made 72 appearances for the Bees and his contract is set to expire at the end of next season.

If they rejected £2.5m, and under his circumstances, I reckon £3m, £3.5m tops as said.

Edited by singe

But has Corney already cashed in his sell on clause?

who could blame him if he did,

after the Micah Richards fiasco when he supposedly turned down city's offer of £500k he may well have snatched their hand off .

Although i would be surprised because upto a few weeks ago i don't think Brentford had any intentions to sell him!!!

As Brentford seemingly had no intention to sell him I doubt they'll have offered Corney anything.

However they would be very aware of his value and it would have been in their best interest to buy the clause out in case they got an offer they couldnt turn down.

If Corney has accepted money for the clause fair enough, who could blame him? Once bitten twice shy...

That wont stop his haters exploding when the news breaks. Hopefully we profit nicely today

Edited by palmer1

However they would be very aware of his value and it would have been in their best interest to buy the clause out in case they got an offer they couldnt turn down.

If Corney has accepted money for the clause fair enough, who could blame him? Once bitten twice shy...

That wont stop his haters exploding when the news breaks. Hopefully we profit nicely today

I doubt they have the budget to take such punts. Plus we know with latics something like that would have come out already.

I doubt they have the budget to take such punts. Plus we know with latics something like that would have come out already.

Championship club who sold a striker for nearly£10 million last season?

they are doing ok and I doubt 400k or more likel less to buy out a clause will not break their bank. Im hoping they havent but it is well within their means

Championship club who sold a striker for nearly£10 million last season?

they are doing ok and I doubt 400k or more likel less to buy out a clause will not break their bank. Im hoping they havent but it is well within their means

I just don't think clubs even on that level buy out clauses on a punt. Brentford were not planning on selling him.

"Tarkys mam is dying, sell the bloody clause. Sell sell sell"

Of all the things going on at a football club in the Championship aiming for promotion to the Prem, do you think anyone has actually thought "quick we had best make Oldham an offer on a clause which we inserted a year or 2 ago, to save ourselves 50k in the long run"?

Of all the things going on at a football club in the Championship aiming for promotion to the Prem, do you think anyone has actually thought "quick we had best make Oldham an offer on a clause which we inserted a year or 2 ago, to save ourselves 50k in the long run"?

More likely to be a case of us approaching them I would think.