James Tarkowski

When you need to pay the bills as cash flow is low you'll take less cash as a gamble. The Micah Richards deal didn't go our way...they don't need to offer a buy out remember we can ask if they want to buy it out!

Incidentally, I heard years ago we had already cashed in on the Richards deal anyway.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you need to pay the bills as cash flow is low you'll take less cash as a gamble. The Micah Richards deal didn't go our way...they don't need to offer a buy out remember we can ask if they want to buy it out!

I fully understand that bud.

However, as we only sold him as recently as Jan-14, I'd find it strange to go down the route of accepting a small amount for the removal of the clause when they could have just put a bigger price tag on him to start with. If the rumours of his buy-out being bought out last year are true, then it'd be around 18 months difference.

I know we're not rolling in it, but I'd like to think Corney isn't that eager to get funds in if it meant sacrificing the chance of £1m as a minimum should he indeed move to Burnley for the reported £5m asking price.

Edited by sjk2008

I fully understand that bud.

However, as we only sold him as recently as Jan-14, I'd find it strange to go down the route of accepting a small amount for the removal of the clause when they could have just put a bigger price tag on him to start with. If the rumours of his buy-out being bought out last year are true, then it'd be around 18 months difference.

I know we're not rolling in it, but I'd like to think Corney isn't that eager to get funds in if it meant sacrificing the chance of £1m as a minimum should he indeed move to Burnley for the reported £5m asking price.

Whilst I know nothing ...They probably didn't plan for the cash flow problems the delay to the new stand has brought with it...this may have been a way to get some cash in as opposed to any 'loaning' of monies from Blitz et al

I think he's been a bit stupid.

It probably will force the current move but it could easily damage his reputation in the long run.

I can understand that he wants to move back closer to home, but there's a fair chance that'll happen by the end of the window anyway. Brentford aren't exactly stubborn and unreasonable when it comes to letting their players go, as shown last transfer window.

It probably will force the current move but it could easily damage his reputation in the long run.

I can understand that he wants to move back closer to home, but there's a fair chance that'll happen by the end of the window anyway. Brentford aren't exactly stubborn and unreasonable when it comes to letting their players go, as shown last transfer window.

This might make Brentford more resolute in terms of price. They'll be irked. Can only be good for us, surely. Unless Brentford then refuse to sell him...

From his point of view I'm not sure it's the most professional thing to do. From out point of view this is a good thing as this means he is going to force the move infact it's not a case of if it's when.

Rumours suggest he has refused to play tonight in order to force a move (they're playing Burnely)

Get in there Tarky. Loves Oldham, that lad.

On Sky Sports News;

He's been disciplined by the club.

Edited by BP1960

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to help your old club make a fortune.

Tremendous attitude; we don't see enough loyalty in the game today.

#ThankYouTarky

Even though his behaviour will probably lead to Brentford now accepting less than they have thus far been willing - so he's actually screwing us over really Lol ?

Even though his behaviour will probably lead to Brentford now accepting less than they have thus far been willing - so he's actually screwing us over really Lol ?

He clearly saw the Micah Richards debacle and took matters into his own hands.

Build the man a statue, is what I say.

Nah, that's Brentford holding out that they'll not let him pick his club if they don't stump up. It'll be reet.