James Tarkowski

Even if he does move let's not get too giddy with the money.

The omniscient MilnrowLatics has checked on sell-on fees. In such a case then the club who initially sold the player gets paid first. So if it's 20% of £1million , for example, then that club would get the first £200,000 - if the fee was paid in a single transaction .

If however it was paid in 4 instalments (and phased payment is quite common) , then first club would get 20% of each instalment of £250,000 per year, so £50,000.

That could be seen to be better in that the first club has a guaranteed income over years, but the initial windfall would be much less.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be going on a free to man utd in 18 months time no doubt.

Premier league quality?

Very very good player, but always thought he lacked the pace to make it at the highest level. Brentford and Burnley in their current positions are probably as good as he will get. Though if LVG stays in charge perhaps Man Utd will come down to his level ;-)

Premier league quality?

Very very good player, but always thought he lacked the pace to make it at the highest level. Brentford and Burnley in their current positions are probably as good as he will get. Though if LVG stays in charge perhaps Man Utd will come down to his level ;-)

Said it when he was here that I thought he could make it at the top level. Still do.

Good statement and feel for the lad. Been in that position with my job and its draining. Unless you have faced it easy to make silly statements. I was lucky I could walk away and retire. I also know work suffered as Tarky explains frazzled is a good description and don't see it coming. Wish his family well in the fight.

How do you see this?

A plea to Burnley to get him out of the situation? A way of appeasing the fans because he is now staying? Or simply a genuine statement to buy him back some understanding from all the outsiders looking in?

How do you see this?

A plea to Burnley to get him out of the situation? A way of appeasing the fans because he is now staying? Or simply a genuine statement to buy him back some understanding from all the outsiders looking in?

I think it's a bit if two. Gets him some understanding, and allows Brentford to save face. It points to a sale, surely given the medical situation.

He should not have had to release it, probably not refused to play because of revealing move plans, but Brentford handled it badly too.

How do you see this?

Sounds like a lad who loves his family, I know we are all different regarding families, but I'd wager the majority would want to be near their mother if something like this happened to them. Its only a game of football, if I were him I'd take time out from the game and come back to it later.

It's disgraceful the way Brentford treated Tarky if that's the reason he didn't play.

They hung him out to dry with the initial statement. I'd be fuming if I was the lad.

There's definitely something amiss. It's not nice at all to hear of his mum's health problems and I sympathise with him. But Brentford and Dean Smith clearly stated that he'd refused to play, knowing what the reaction from fans would be, and with it being the Burnley game, I still can't help but think it was a terribly misguided attempt to force a move. Can't help but wonder if Brentford's PR team have put together a statement that helps him out, given the circumstances.

There's definitely something amiss. It's not nice at all to hear of his mum's health problems and I sympathise with him. But Brentford and Dean Smith clearly stated that he'd refused to play, knowing what the reaction from fans would be, and with it being the Burnley game, I still can't help but think it was a terribly misguided attempt to force a move. Can't help but wonder if Brentford's PR team have put together a statement that helps him out, given the circumstances.

He actually apologises but the club hasn't, which backs up what you say.

It's disgraceful the way Brentford treated Tarky if that's the reason he didn't play.

They hung him out to dry with the initial statement. I'd be fuming if I was the lad.

Call me cynic but these public statements help transfers get done. Brentford get their fans to turn on the player by saying he refuses to play so that the club don't get accused of lacking ambition.

Tarky takes some crap off fans for a couple of weeks then gets the move that he wants. Win-win

Think how we'd feel if it suddenly came out that Kelly had refused to play to push through a deal to Wigan. How many on here (including me) would say get rid if he doesn't like the club, compared to if the club just sold him for a fee that we thought was too low or undisclosed?

I think Brentford have very generously given him a way back.

That was my read on it as well.

I am far from convinced the club are the heartless body they are portrayed as. I think they have protected the player - and less generously, their asset - from his own decision.

I wish I wasn't so cynical!!

Call me cynic but these public statements help transfers get done. Brentford get their fans to turn on the player by saying he refuses to play so that the club don't get accused of lacking ambition.

Tarky takes some crap off fans for a couple of weeks then gets the move that he wants. Win-win

Think how we'd feel if it suddenly came out that Kelly had refused to play to push through a deal to Wigan. How many on here (including me) would say get rid if he doesn't like the club, compared to if the club just sold him for a fee that we thought was too low or undisclosed?

I think you may have missed the bit about his mother's incurable illness. It puts an entirely different view on the situation, clearly Tarky will get sympathy now, not flak. And it won't help Brentford price negotiations because they really have no choice but to allow a move, they can't forcibly keep him, meaning his value is lower.

Edited by singe

It is not the information, it is the timing.

His manager knows the outrage that the statement will provoke and the reaction it will create.

I am more inclined to believe that a young man under immense personal (to suggest it is professionally beneficial is too cynical) pressure has made a questionable call to get home....than an experienced manager with no previous has hung a young player out in despicable circumstances.

Something is not quite right with the whole affair and it is just a personal belief this is the most likely chain of events.

Last time we received a fee on the deadline day we brought in Poleon for £100k didn't we? The Clarke-Harris deal.

Wonder if Corney will sanction a similar move, with Shez on a long contract and the assigned manager for what you would imagine will be quite a while.

Will be frustrated we let Philliskirk go if we do get money for Tarky though. Not that we could've rested on the sell-on clause being activated...