James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to somebody who knows Tarkys dad last night. He said that Brentford offered to buy his family a house on London and pay relocation fees, something which the family didn't want. So when Tarky said no, he was sent home and told not to play at weekend, before ta statement come out saying he refused to play.

Was speaking to somebody who knows Tarkys dad last night. He said that Brentford offered to buy his family a house on London and pay relocation fees, something which the family didn't want. So when Tarky said no, he was sent home and told not to play at weekend, before ta statement come out saying he refused to play.

He's still at home now (in Oldham) not sure how Brentford are playing this but they could play hardball and make him sweat.

He's still at home now (in Oldham) not sure how Brentford are playing this but they could play hardball and make him sweat.

Is he? His family live on my street (new Moston not oldham) and he lived with them before the transfer. No sign of him or his car with personalised plate!

Edited by super_blue

Is he? His family live on my street (new Moston not oldham) and he lived with them before the transfer. No sign of him or his car with personalised plate!

His black Range Rover with the T4 RKY plate has been here all week it was there today when I drove past a couple of hours ago. He's been home since Saturday.

His black Range Rover with the T4 RKY plate has been here all week it was there today when I drove past a couple of hours ago. He's been home since Saturday.

After what Brentford fans were singing at Burnely at home, it would probably be unwise to park it around the Hounslow area...

I think the downer for us is that this will have driven Tarkys value down...Brentford either play stubborn and hold on to him as punishment (which would be ridiculous and too emotional for a club that uses stats to make decisions). Or accept a lower fee from Burnley as Tarky has forced their hand.

Not sure statistical approach is bizarre. . From POMO to money ball to cricket field placing to opta it is well established and embedded I would hope Latics use stats to inform decision making......johnson certainly did.

It's Brentford's rigid adherence to it which I think is bizarre. It led them to sack the manager who took them from League One to challenging for promotion to the Premier League.

It's Brentford's rigid adherence to it which I think is bizarre. It led them to sack the manager who took them from League One to challenging for promotion to the Premier League.

Though not bizarre in their eyes - they have a strategic approach to their club and stick with it. To some extent that's laudable, insofar that there is a longterm philosophy and plan, rather than kneejerking along. I'd agree that it might lead to some apparently odd tactical decisions (such as the one you've pointed out) but they believe in the strategy and only time will tell if they are wise to do so.

By all accounts, their new signings have been a down-grade on the players that left, and others want to follow out of the door because they've lost that immeasurable chemical for a successful team and a club: spirit.

Had been intrigued to see how it goes with that statistical model; now I just hope it fails, having always had a soft-spot for Brentford in the past.

Edited by NewBlue

M

Steve you clearly know a bit about Benham too but colleagues on the board might be interested too

I say I don't find it bizarre I find it absolutely fascinating. Bentham the Brentford owner is an Oxford educated self made multi multi millionaire with all his money earned as a professional gambler based on statistics being king. His club in Denmark FC Midtrylland are about to win their first ever Danish Championship. At half time the teams performance is analysed against pre set targets and KPIs and players instructed accordingly... He signs players based on stats compiled over a minimum of 30 games.....he does not believe like Machiovelli that knowledge is power , he believes it is obligatory

Whether you are sold on the approach or not I guarantee that any research by colleagues on here into Benham and his philosophy will be rewarded with challenging and thought provoking issue

M

Steve you clearly know a bit about Benham too but colleagues on the board might be interested too

I say I don't find it bizarre I find it absolutely fascinating. Bentham the Brentford owner is an Oxford educated self made multi multi millionaire with all his money earned as a professional gambler based on statistics being king. His club in Denmark FC Midtrylland are about to win their first ever Danish Championship. At half time the teams performance is analysed against pre set targets and KPIs and players instructed accordingly... He signs players based on stats compiled over a minimum of 30 games.....he does not believe like Machiovelli that knowledge is power , he believes it is obligatory

Whether you are sold on the approach or not I guarantee that any research by colleagues on here into Benham and his philosophy will be rewarded with challenging and thought provoking issue

Any good links?