Players perception of Kelly compared to LJ

Just listening to James Wilson on Latics player before the Shrewsbury game and at 1:50 in Gordon asks him how this season is different to last. Wilson states that Kelly is so positive and it's great for all the lads compared to last season.

The way he says it gives me the impression the players didn't like the way LJ behind the scenes as well as the times he criticised them to the press.

Very interesting.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had bosses I've hated but they've motivated me to perform to keep them off my back and keep the money coming in. I've had staff that I've absolutely detested but got them to over perform. I've also had bosses that have become very good friends and I've pulled the wool so far over their eyes and got away with murder, likewise with staff I've turned a blind eye to under performance as they were good company.

So in summary, cloudy.

Just listening to James Wilson on Latics player before the Shrewsbury game and at 1:50 in Gordon asks him how this season is different to last. Wilson states that Kelly is so positive and it's great for all the lads compared to last season.

The way he says it gives me the impression the players didn't like the way LJ behind the scenes as well as the times he criticised them to the press.

Very interesting.

The impression he gave me was that Kelly is the new boss who picks the team and Johnson isn't.

Sorry if I don't do anything more Machiavellian

I've had bosses I've hated but they've motivated me to perform to keep them off my back and keep the money coming in. I've had staff that I've absolutely detested but got them to over perform. I've also had bosses that have become very good friends and I've pulled the wool so far over their eyes and got away with murder, likewise with staff I've turned a blind eye to under performance as they were good company.

So in summary, cloudy.

However, J Wilson is playing well under the new regime.

Edited by BP1960

Just for clarity and in no way undermining what you're claiming, how do you know this?

To be fair Lags there was a few stories knocking about LJ and alleged bust up with certain players. There was an interesting tweet also on twitter regarding the Barnsley v Everton game also that I read which in respone to an alleged rumour.

To be fair Lags there was a few stories knocking about LJ and alleged bust up with certain players. There was an interesting tweet also on twitter regarding the Barnsley v Everton game also that I read which in respone to an alleged rumour.

'Tbf...stories...alledged...twitter...alledged...rumour.'

Thanks for that.

What tweet......

Just for clarity and in no way undermining what you're claiming, how do you know this?

I was told by someone who works directly with the first team, on several occassions arguments and fallouts got quite heated between Johnson and several squad members, Winchesters another who nearly came to blows with him.

What tweet......

A while back there was a story knocking about an alleged bust up when LJ was here.

I didn't think much of it but few others mentioned and noticed a tweet the other from an individual with involvement.

However it's the sort of tweet you think nothing of unless someone had said something to you which is why it makes interesting.

A few others I know picked up on it also.

Edited by Forte_Baby

A while back there was a story knocking about an alleged bust up when LJ was here.

I didn't think much of it but few others mentioned and noticed a tweet the other from an individual with involvement.

However it's the sort of tweet you think nothing of unless someone had said something to you which is why it makes interesting.

A few others I know picked up on it also.

I'd be interested to know who the individual is.

I heard a lot of things myself last season about fallouts and heated arguments with the manager.

No smoke without fire, as they say.