Players perception of Kelly compared to LJ

I'd be interested to know who the individual is.

I heard a lot of things myself last season about fallouts and heated arguments with the manager.

No smoke without fire, as they say.

Sounds like there was more than one incident few of the stories at the awards night where interesting.

Seems like Dean Holden reunited the dressing the room when he came in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there was more than one incident few of the stories at the awards night where interesting.

Seems like Dean Holden reunited the dressing the room when he came in.

Although results declined. LJ might have been a c u next Tuesday, but it was getting us points.

I have no facts to offer, but it is very interesting and telling to see no player has joined him so far.

Of course, bids could have been rejected, but we know in this day and age it's easy for players to engineer moves, contracted or not. If any of our players had wanted to join him, they'd have gone by now.

My view is a major factor would be the Evans saga. His duplicity was laid bare for all to see.

I have no facts to offer, but it is very interesting and telling to see no player has joined him so far.

Of course, bids could have been rejected, but we know in this day and age it's easy for players to engineer moves, contracted or not. If any of our players had wanted to join him, they'd have gone by now.

My view is a major factor would be the Evans saga. His duplicity was laid bare for all to see.

Hasn't Forte allegedly been for a fitness test ahead of a proposed move?

Although results declined. LJ might have been a c u next Tuesday, but it was getting us points.

Look at Steve Evans when he left Crawley that video celebrating, he knows he his seen as the bad guy in football or the pantomine Villian, but at this level and below has got results.

Look at Steve Evans when he left Crawley that video celebrating, he knows he his seen as the bad guy in football or the pantomine Villian, but at this level and below has got results.

Exactly. If a manager is prepared to be disliked in order to succeed, I have to respect that.

Hopefully DK can succeed with his positive attitude though.

I think the tweet in question is from Jack Truelove who tweeted something along the lines of "Come on Everton" during the game

Could possibly be that he has a grudge against LJ and if people have heard that prior then this tweet may back it up.

It's also possible that Truelove is an Evertonian

I think the tweet in question is from Jack Truelove who tweeted something along the lines of "Come on Everton" during the game

Could possibly be that he has a grudge against LJ and if people have heard that prior then this tweet may back it up.

It's also possible that Truelove is an Evertonian

Truelove hates LJ. 100%.

If a manager isn't pissing off some of the people some of the time, he won't be a very successful manager.

Winchester playing for Kelly looks less effective than he did playing for Johnson.

That said, in the wild world of sales management, I always found teamwork and morale the most effective way to get results.

True.

If that is what happened.

Conceivable he was being sold against his wishes I guess, unlikely though.

Forte would never pass a medical!

The way things are these days, there is no way that a player gets sold against his wishes. Unfortunately, all the power is with the players, and they can engineer moves but the clubs are stuck for the length of the contract, or until they can make the move attractive enough for the player.

The only conceivable tactic I can see is the 'training with the kids/frozen out of the team' one and pretty much all clubs down the food chain can't really afford that one, both in image and financial terms; and even then, when they can players can just sit back and collect their wages, and not give a hoot.

If, for example, Forte didn't want to go (and I'm not even sure the 'move' to Barnsley isn't only pure rumour), all he needed to do was go a bit slower in the medical, or complain of a twinge or three, and that would be the end of that!

If a manager isn't pissing off some of the people some of the time, he won't be a very successful manager.

Winchester playing for Kelly looks less effective than he did playing for Johnson.

That said, in the wild world of sales management, I always found teamwork and morale the most effective way to get results.

The same Kelly who said only this week we need to manage Winchesters game time? That's our player of the seasons game time he is on about right there.

Edited by Omar Don't Scare

The same Kelly who said only this week we need to manage Winchesters game time? That's our player of the seasons game time he is on about right there.

He's 22, not 16. Maybe if Kelly got him on the nicotine patches, it might not be such an issue...

Didn't Johnson get rid of Baxter because they didn't like each other? If I remember correctly Jose was telling the club shop staff that he was going because Johnson didn't like him and had told him that if he didn't join Sheff United he wouldn't be playing here.