Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

Said the other day I feel Johnson getting sacked could increase the pressure on Dunn.

He and Corney sured looked like they're still pally at the Middlesbrough game.

Increase what pressure on Dunn?- As far as i can see there are only a handful on here who think 1 defeat in 8 is not good enough.

I would be utterly amazed if and possibly when LJ bites the bullet that either he would want to come back or would be welcomed by any but a small minority and I don't think however much SC may like him as an individual he would have him back.

Let us all get behind Dunn and give him a good chance to continue to improve OAFC

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority of one here, but if he does get binned off by Barnsley, I'd be straight on the phone to him about coming back here. We were a good match for each other, like Hill and Dale, Coleman and Accrington and Ken and Deirdre...

Johnson must re-sign?

Increase what pressure on Dunn?- As far as i can see there are only a handful on here who think 1 defeat in 8 is not good enough.

I would be utterly amazed if and possibly when LJ bites the bullet that either he would want to come back or would be welcomed by any but a small minority and I don't think however much SC may like him as an individual he would have him back.

Let us all get behind Dunn and give him a good chance to continue to improve OAFC

You're right, we've won one game of football and there is no pressuure. We've given up.

You can go all season unbeaten and still get relegated.

Whilst it isn't his squad and he's been thrown in at the deep end etc, we need to start winning more games and quickly otherwise there will be pressure. He's shown improvement over his time as manager so far and is able to change it around during games, so hopefully we will start to see more wins.

I'd take him back. People only defending Dunns record because he's not Darren Kelly

That is quite a ridiculous comment but I will assume that you are quite young and believe that you can tell others what reasons they have for their thinking.

Allright we were crap at Rochdale but Dunn was, I gather, going to change things at half time then Jones got injured and he had to use up 1 sub.

He was probably going to change things in the second half but then Lafferty got injured, using up another sub.

What else could he have done after that but wait until the last 15 minutes to change things which he then did? Surprise. we were still crap. as Dale were too!

We all expect the manager to be a miracle worker. But then again, thank god he isnt Darren Kelly at least! Give Dunn the season at least before whinging

That is quite a ridiculous comment but I will assume that you are quite young and believe that you can tell others what reasons they have for their thinking.

Allright we were crap at Rochdale but Dunn was, I gather, going to change things at half time then Jones got injured and he had to use up 1 sub.

He was probably going to change things in the second half but then Lafferty got injured, using up another sub.

What else could he have done after that but wait until the last 15 minutes to change things which he then did? Surprise. we were still crap. as Dale were too!

We all expect the manager to be a miracle worker. But then again, thank god he isnt Darren Kelly at least! Give Dunn the season at least before whinging

Should have given Kelly the season then on the logic he isn't a miracle worker. If Dunn continues with the results as they are then we WILL be relegated. You use injuries to defend Dunn, Kelly had his main striker out for a start. I'm not saying Kelly would have done any better than Dunn but the fact he was hammered for a record that's no different to Dunns is laughable when Dunn gets praise for the same

Should have given Kelly the season then on the logic he isn't a miracle worker. If Dunn continues with the results as they are then we WILL be relegated. You use injuries to defend Dunn, Kelly had his main striker out for a start. I'm not saying Kelly would have done any better than Dunn but the fact he was hammered for a record that's no different to Dunns is laughable when Dunn gets praise for the same

Go and watch another sport, you are doing this one wrong.

LJ is failing at Barnsley, I iked him but why would you want someone who is actually doing worse in league 1 this season than Oldham?

he has/had great potential but his isnt living up to it & I dont know about anyone else but I dont want a manager that drops Latics like a bad habit every time a 'better' offer comes along

No chance in hell LJ comes back here. If he does the quite a bit of time will have to pass first...

Edited by palmer1

We have 9 points from our last 8 games under Dunn, we had 7 from 7 under Kelly so on paper there is not much between them, strange how those calling for Kellys head are crying out that Dunn needs time

Going over old ground here but it was clear that Kelly was out of his depth in all aspects.

We have got the sort of squad now that we should have had in August, results haven't been spectacular but things are steadily improving and hopefully will continue to do so.

Going over old ground here but it was clear that Kelly was out of his depth in all aspects.

We have got the sort of squad now that we should have had in August, results haven't been spectacular but things are steadily improving and hopefully will continue to do so.

But you can only be judged on results...

Was he out of his depth according to you? If he wasn't given the chance, time or support he needed its little wonder he sank.

Comparing the two over the same period of time they have been much the same for me, the only difference is the players are still playing for Dunn but for some reason they jacked it in under Kelly, whether Dunn influenced that who knows but lets face it there is a long way to go before we can get all giddy over how lucky we are to have Dunn instead of Kelly.

Was he out of his depth according to you? If he wasn't given the chance, time or support he needed its little wonder he sank.

Comparing the two over the same period of time they have been much the same for me, the only difference is the players are still playing for Dunn but for some reason they jacked it in under Kelly, whether Dunn influenced that who knows but lets face it there is a long way to go before we can get all giddy over how lucky we are to have Dunn instead of Kelly.

He was out of his depth according to a lot of people, in and out of the club.

The way you've worded that suggests you think the influence of Dunn was a negative one as a player under Kelly rather than a positive one as a manager.

I don't see anyone "getting giddy" over Dunn. Just that there are more positives than before and things seem to be on the up, albeit very steadily.

He was out of his depth according to a lot of people, in and out of the club.

The way you've worded that suggests you think the influence of Dunn was a negative one as a player under Kelly rather than a positive one as a manager.

I don't see anyone "getting giddy" over Dunn. Just that there are more positives than before and things seem to be on the up, albeit very steadily.

Yes we are currently gaining a whole 0.125 points more per game under Dunn than the previous manager so it could be classed as progress, as for more positives lets see as I didn't go to Gillingham or Swindon I've yet to really see a decent performance from the team since Dunn came in, lets hope we can have one Saturday.

Yes we are currently gaining a whole 0.125 points more per game under Dunn than the previous manager so it could be classed as progress, as for more positives lets see as I didn't go to Gillingham or Swindon I've yet to really see a decent performance from the team since Dunn came in, lets hope we can have one Saturday.

You don't think Sheff Utd was a decent performance?

I was desperate for Kelly to succeed, as much as anything because some of the criticism of him was based on views that have no place in football. I couldn't deny by the time that he was gone that he'd been a terrible appointment.

That's pretty much my position - all of the non football stuff was irrelevant to his capability as a manager. Unfortunately that proved to be limited .

For some a run of unbridled victories wouldn't have been enough however

But he's gone so all that is in the past. New man trying to steer things in an altered direction and the jury should be out . Nonsense to judge him one way or the other so soon

You don't think Sheff Utd was a decent performance?

It was okay, we have been dreadful at home this season and Dunn is falling into the same old routine of making us hard to beat which results in too many bore draw fests. Rochdale being a prime example where for much of the game we played 5-4-1, now I know we have to build from somewhere but for me theres nothing wrong with getting beat if your actually going all out for a win. Keith Hill knows this and Dale will no doubt lose more games than us this season but finish higher in the table. Its frustrating watching your wide men like Poleon tucking in infront of the fullback when his biggest asset is his forward play.

It was okay, we have been dreadful at home this season and Dunn is falling into the same old routine of making us hard to beat which results in too many bore draw fests. Rochdale being a prime example where for much of the game we played 5-4-1, now I know we have to build from somewhere but for me theres nothing wrong with getting beat if your actually going all out for a win. Keith Hill knows this and Dale will no doubt lose more games than us this season but finish higher in the table. Its frustrating watching your wide men like Poleon tucking in infront of the fullback when his biggest asset is his forward play.

Dale were also :censored: on Saturday. And haven't scored in their last three matches, a period in which we played well against Sheffield United and no doubt would have been more attacking in the second half but for the red card, and in which we by all accounts played superb attacking football in a win against Swindon.

You could just as easily reverse that post and use the statistic 1 win in 8.

It's too early to judge Dunn but he hasn't exactly started like a house on fire and his record is uncannily similar to Darren Kelly's.

I don't understand the vitriol aimed towards Johnson. Sure, he's a gob:censored:e; that much was clear pretty much from day one but, for me, we were starting to see progress for the first time in years under his management. And we certainly haven't seen any since. It's not going well at Barnsley for him but if I had to put money on who is likely to be the most succesful manager in the long term from him, Kelly and Dunn, I'd have no hesitation in saying him.

Yes, he left. It was disappointing bur get over it, for :censored:'s sake. Someone came along and offered him more money and a far better chance of success (I know it hasn't panned out that way, before anyone says it).