Dickov gone

Strange that Sheridan isn't in the betting for Doncaster given his South Yorkshire links....

Especially as he played for them.

No mention of what has happened to Clipboard and Paul Gerrard in the club statement, but as they have appointed Jones, their big CB, in temporary charge things don't look good for them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever we played Doncaster, didn't they give him a load of grief? I don't think they were best pleased with how he left them to come and play for us...

He was only with them playing non league to keep fit, they were crazy to think they could keep him when a Big Club came calling

Nice bloke but definitely not a manager I would want back. Shez a yes but Dickov a no.

It's not as quite a clear cut choice as you make it. I'd have neither tbh.

Shez had very good squads to work with when he was here and had two real shouts at taking us up, but crumbled both times.

There was no need for us to come off the rails like we in 08/09, the Doggate thing didn't happen 'til December/January. But we'd shat out by October after such a brilliant start. We started that season with a strike force of Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, Taylor, Liddell and Alessandra. Compare that to what we've got now! Add in some of the other quality players we had (Gregan, Rubes, Eardley, Stam, Stephens and Lee) and money to make loan signings like Windass and Ormerod.

I like Shez, but if he couldn't do it with that team, how well do you think he can with this one?

Edited by PlayItLivo

I like Shez, but if he couldn't do it with that team, how well do you think he can with this one?

Shez did well at Chesterfield and Plymouth without massive budgets or a wealth of playing talent...then again, I'd even have Darren Sheridan over Kelly as manager.

We started that season with a strike force of Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, Taylor, Liddell and Alessandra.

All of whom he signed/brought through and none of whom we broke the bank for (apart from Liddell)

Three of them are still playing at a higher level.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'll give Shez his due, he made good signings, if you look at some of the quality we had, but he didn't get anywhere near as much out of them as he should. He paid fees for O'Grady and Stephens and didn't play them, he signed Kieran Lee, didn't play him. If he'd given those 3 a real chance when the wheels started to come off it, it might have stopped the rot and kept us in contention for the playoffs. Whitaker especially was dog:censored: after about 10 games, that season. Stephens should have be given a run at some point, you don't pay a fee and not give the guys a fair shake

He started a pre season friendly up front alongside Craig Davies with a left winger from somewhere like the Bahamas that we had on trial who everyone raved about but apparently there were work permit issues

Keith Gumbs from St Kitts?

Edited by BP1960

"Former #DRFC midfielder Josh Meade says Paul Dickov had 'no ambition' and was 'in it for himself'. Also went on to call Dickov a 'helmet'"

Could be bitter, could be true.

One less for his Christmas card list then.

Their new manager should drop him for that alone, and send him to Non league. Let's see his own ambition then.