Stop The Rot ... Corney Out

Why? What will happen?

If a large proportion of people are united in a concerted effort to rid them from the club and put pressure in the right places things get done. Granted there would be no guarantee of results but imo any effort on our part is a damp site better than the apathy which engulfs the club at the minute.

I'm amazed there have been no shouts for heads to role aimed at the directors box this season, but I guess that just shows the apathy we have accepted as the norm. Gone are the days of sit in pitch protests and masses congregating on sheepfold lane. No one can be arsed these days which is sad

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a large proportion of people are united in a concerted effort to rid them from the club and put pressure in the right places things get done. Granted there would be no guarantee of results but imo any effort on our part is a damp site better than the apathy which engulfs the club at the minute.

I'm amazed there have been no shouts for heads to role aimed at the directors box this season, but I guess that just shows the apathy we have accepted as the norm. Gone are the days of sit in pitch protests and masses congregating on sheepfold lane. No one can be arsed these days which is sad

What's the point? They haven't built a new stand and created a new events company just to walk away from it.

We just have to sit tight for a few years until they've recouped enough money back.

The sooner the masses see that tta bought the club to asset strip the better. So much land has been sold off and a large proportion of the North stand revenue will not benefit oafc it will go to oec and in turn brass bank. They are not concerned with how well oafc do on the pitch as they are making their money out of us elsewhere.

Corney and Co are like a dry rot and it set in many years ago. It seems only now are more starting to see it.

They must go

Assest strippers don't take a decade to do it.

Has the £6m not benefitted OAFC? Don't begrudge them trying to make some of it back, they have no other chance. aS long as it goes to replace or is a revenue stream. Plus we don't know the finance, have they invested further to get the stand built?

I have no problem them going, but not at all costs.

A viable owner must be in position to replace them.

If someone viable was there to replace them or they had done an Oyston then heads would be called for. We'd be in freefall if we just sacked the board.

Assest strippers don't take a decade to do it.

Has the £6m not benefitted OAFC? Don't begrudge them trying to make some of it back, they have no other chance. aS long as it goes to replace or is a revenue stream. Plus we don't know the finance, have they invested further to get the stand built?

I have no problem them going, but not at all costs.

A viable owner must be in position to replace them.

There will be more chance of viable owners coming forward the crapper we become since the asking price is falling like a stone this season

Edited by ChaddySmoker

What price has it dropped to?

For a loss making business excluding the land and ground (+ OEC Ltd) probably Zero

For a loss making business including the ground but no land, a couple of million

For a loss making business including everything they would be lucky to get much more than £5M.

The problem is that they will be looking for well over £10M IF they want their money back.

Obviously this OEC Ltd complicates the matter and affects the price but a deal should be possible.

The whole situation really depends on how any owner could turn the loss making business into a profitable one-never easy in football

The asking price will not be going down based on what happens on the pitch.

Indeed. The value may be decreasing but the asking price isn't. If the asking price was realistic the club would have been sold within a few months of the owners deciding they wanted to sell.

Safe to say that the normal rules of valuing a business don't apply to any football club and that here are special circumstances applying to what the owners may value this one at.

You are quite correct until cashflow dries up.

My point was that the value of a football club decreases when the football element becomes less succesful

You are quite correct until cashflow dries up.

My point was that the value of a football club decreases when the football element becomes less succesful

I was sort of agreeing you and discreetly pointing out that Mr Burns may not be absolutely spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

cock ups....missed targets....bad appointments.....even worse appointments....no money....no land....late payment of wages.....rotten to the core.....this will still be our club long after he has made a :censored:ing pigs ear of it and left.......so what do we do?....what are the answers?...how can we make our club a viable business opportunity & a success where corn£y has so far failed?....