Doncaster Rovers vs Oldham Athletic

Wonder what top of the table and League one newbies Burton fans expectations are ?

Your programmed to expect failure like the majority of Oldham fans.

Any club that wins promotion start the season in full confidence with a squad that are used to winning.

Your expectations are :censored:e and you are slagging a new manager after only one game in which we drew away from home.

You didn't want Kelly and you clearly don't want Dunn. Is that you programmed to expect winning football?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a point was right today. Good away support but only Poleon up front who ran his socks off. Burn was mom for me.We played better second half and looked good in spells but overall a poor game with Doncaster equally poor but I would have settled for a Pont before the start We really do need a decent striker.

I think a point was right today. Good away support but only Poleon up front who ran his socks off. Burn was mom for me.We played better second half and looked good in spells but overall a poor game with Doncaster equally poor but I would have settled for a Pont before the start We really do need a decent striker.

We haven't had a proper striker since Rooney - and we played him left wing - before that I don't think we've had one since Porter - our record at bringing in strikers is abysmal.

We haven't had a proper striker since Rooney - and we played him left wing - before that I don't think we've had one since Porter - our record at bringing in strikers is abysmal.

We've had a few who have managed to score for other clubs after moving.

Poleon ran his socks off? That couldn't be any further from the truth. He was shocking.

2 awful teams today, both lacking quality in the final third. Donny will wonder how they havent won as they had enough chances to finish us off. Defensively we look weak, especially in the air. Going forward we are short of ideas or any real conviction. Too often there was no pace in the attack or too much sideways and backwards passing, which was summed up in the last five minutes of the game. For me there is a real lack of leadership, someone who takes a game by the scruff of the neck and gets on with it.

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

Burn, really. He should have stopped their goal. Croft was mom for me even if he has put on a couple of stone in a week

Poleon ran his socks off? That couldn't be any further from the truth. He was shocking.

Shocking? That couldn't be further from the truth.

He had no service. One idiot behind me said he wasn't fit to wear the shirt when he lost a header from a 40ft pass against a defender a foot taller than him.

He worked hard and we looked a lot weaker when he went off - no outlet for pace.

He isn't a striker, so doesn't make runs as clever as Forte. But he's fast. All he needed was some balls in the channels to chase or a quicker through-ball, the sort Dunn and Winchester (when his head is right) can pick out.

But the balls were all high and long on to the head of a centre-half, or straight through to the keeper.

We were fairly slow and laboured as a team. Too much backward-passing. Players took the simple option a lot and the ball was a bit of a hot potatoe. Winchester for some reason just didn't carry the ball forward like we know he can. I guess the 5-1 and upheaval took a lot out the players.

Burn, really. He should have stopped their goal. Croft was mom for me even if he has put on a couple of stone in a week

I think the change of pace from the flicked header (the guy who walked into the box that no-one marked) completely caught out Burn and the guy got the step on him inside. But his reaction, amid the head injury, suggested he knew he'd buggered up.

Poleon works hard - giving him

The number 9 makes everyone think he's a striker - he was a winger at Leeds and his best games for us have been at right wing. He will probably become another Rooney, bomb out as a square peg here go to another club for nothing - get played in his correct position and make us eat our words

Shocking? That couldn't be further from the truth.

He had no service. One idiot behind me said he wasn't fit to wear the shirt when he lost a header from a 40ft pass against a defender a foot taller than him.

He worked hard and we looked a lot weaker when he went off - no outlet for pace.

He isn't a striker, so doesn't make runs as clever as Forte. But he's fast. All he needed was some balls in the channels to chase or a quicker through-ball, the sort Dunn and Winchester (when his head is right) can pick out.

But the balls were all high and long on to the head of a centre-half, or straight through to the keeper.

We were fairly slow and laboured as a team. Too much backward-passing. Players took the simple option a lot and the ball was a bit of a hot potatoe. Winchester for some reason just didn't carry the ball forward like we know he can. I guess the 5-1 and upheaval took a lot out the players.

I saw a player who half heartedly went for every ball. Offered no run in into the channels bar a few occasions.The one time he did he wasn't any where near aggressive enough.

If he's honest and asked himself if he gave everything today then the honest answer would no. He has no football intelligence whatsoever.

Stop making bleeding excuses for him

I saw a player who half heartedly went for every ball. Offered no run in into the channels bar a few occasions.The one time he did he wasn't any where near aggressive enough.

If he's honest and asked himself if he gave everything today then the honest answer would no. He has no football intelligence whatsoever.

I agree with this completely except for the bit about the channels (he was playing as a holding midfielder and clearly told to sit, just like Jones) and the last sentence, which is complete bollocks. Although I admit on Saturday's evidence alone, he just didn't want the ball. But he wasn't alone in looking uncomfortable with the system and tactics.

It smacked of uncertainty when at times we dominated possession and weren't supposed to be - we were 'supposed' to be defending doggedly for the whole game and playing on the break.

There was no freedom. No-one took on a player. Creativity looked coached out of a lot of them - not just Winchester.

I hope, really hope, it was just the 5-1 still in the system a little bit. And the effects of upheaval and knowing new players are coming in...

I fear it was Holden-esque, unnecessarily negative tactics that at this level we will get punished for, will frustrate players and anger fans, and we won't win enough games.

I agree with this completely except for the bit about the channels (he was playing as a holding midfielder and clearly told to sit, just like Jones) and the last sentence, which is complete bollocks. Although I admit on Saturday's evidence alone, he just didn't want the ball. But he wasn't alone in looking uncomfortable with the system and tactics.

It smacked of uncertainty when at times we dominated possession and weren't supposed to be - we were 'supposed' to be defending doggedly for the whole game and playing on the break.

There was no freedom. No-one took on a player. Creativity looked coached out of a lot of them - not just Winchester.

I hope, really hope, it was just the 5-1 still in the system a little bit. And the effects of upheaval and knowing new players are coming in...

I fear it was Holden-esque, unnecessarily negative tactics that at this level we will get punished for, will frustrate players and anger fans, and we won't win enough games.

You do know I'm talking about poleon don't you?

Edited by welshgaz

Poleon would have had a much better game and possibly 1 or 2 goals if Lee Croft had found the ability to cross the ball on Saturday.

Having said that, there was no excusing that weak effort when he (Poleon) scuffed yet another shot after intercepting a poor cross field ball.

The keeper was absolutely terrible, Burn could have done better for their goal but Cornell is like a rabbit caught in the headlights when the ball is coming towards goal, terribly slow.

Poleon would have had a much better game and possibly 1 or 2 goals if Lee Croft had found the ability to cross the ball on Saturday.

Having said that, there was no excusing that weak effort when he (Poleon) scuffed yet another shot after intercepting a poor cross field ball.

The keeper was absolutely terrible, Burn could have done better for their goal but Cornell is like a rabbit caught in the headlights when the ball is coming towards goal, terribly slow.

Don't rate Cornell. There's a reason he has had to drop 2 divisions from a prem team. As bad as the game Coleman had the other week, I'd bring him straight back in because before that he was excellent

3rd division goalkeeper makes mistake shocker.

Don't rate Cornell. There's a reason he has had to drop 2 divisions from a prem team. As bad as the game Coleman had the other week, I'd bring him straight back in because before that he was excellent

We won't get a £1million for a keeper dropped by a Division One team.