FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Oldham Athletic 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed those

From Croft in the chron in midweek ....

Hopefully, what fans who go to Doncaster tomorrow will see from us is a similar effort that Peterborough produced. After losing the manager, we want to go out there and express ourselves.

Already we have noticed a difference in the way training has been set up. It is a lot more intense and every day we have all been worked really hard.

There have been quite a few changes and I am looking forward to seeing their effect on the field.

Keith Brown has been really bright and has brought with him a refreshing approach. His new ideas have really been taken on board by the players. The squad has taken to him

From Croft in the chron in midweek ....

Hopefully, what fans who go to Doncaster tomorrow will see from us is a similar effort that Peterborough produced. After losing the manager, we want to go out there and express ourselves.

Already we have noticed a difference in the way training has been set up. It is a lot more intense and every day we have all been worked really hard.

There have been quite a few changes and I am looking forward to seeing their effect on the field.

Keith Brown has been really bright and has brought with him a refreshing approach. His new ideas have really been taken on board by the players. The squad has taken to him

PR

Doncaster had scored 3 goals prior to yesterday

And one of those against Bury was a pass back after a free kick, so really they had scored 2 goals in 10 and a half hours of football. Why would you play so defensively against a team that are on form going to cause us so few problems?

And one of those against Bury was a pass back after a free kick, so really they had scored 2 goals in 10 and a half hours of football. Why would you play so defensively against a team that are on form going to cause us so few problems?

Mind boggling isnt it?

Especially considering it was effectively a freebie for Dunn given the players at his disposal...

After all the negativity I think it's worth throwing in a positive about Saturday - Dieng's bit of skill after Connor Brown booted one off the line in the 1st half. It's on the Player extended highlights after 4m 45.

He traps one that came down with snow on it then ghosted past a rovers player. Absolute quality.

8 minutes in and Connor Brown gets slated for running down the left wing and putting in a dreadful cross. He barely ran down the left wing again. Simply put...he isn't left footed. He did the defensive job well all game but why he gets such abuse for being unable to attack on the left is baffling. I've never known our "support" to be so unforgiving...or to be less kind...stupid of the facts and limitations of the players.

Most of them have reasons for their struggles on the pitch...for example, Winchester...he isn't a deep sitting midfielder and so was poor. Jones...again, he takes care of the ball and can push a team forward yet is being played infront of the defence. We are covering for Kelly being injured but there has to be better options...it was Dieng at one point but he's being played at RB...not a natural position for him so he won't go down the right side. Yeates is a right footer also...but he was completely nullified on the left. He has been our best player in the last few weeks but Dunn preferred to leave him high and dry while Croft plundered utter crap on the right (more on him shortly.)

DP he's a striker, a natural finisher...this fitting him in because he runs about a lot is actually hurting him and the team. He needs games up top or not at all (and give him games to get bedded in.) Ship him out if we going to refuse to play him as a striker because he hasn't the know how to open a defence or support his front man. Poleon...isolated. Giving absolute rubbish service to feed on. Needs the sort of forward ball that only Dunn or maybe Jones could provide him.

The only person I feel is properly in their role and isn't cutting it is Lee Croft. This guy is painfully devoid of an attacking brain. Really losing patience with the guy to be honest...he does a lot of running about and yes, tackling even. He was more effective at running into Winchester and Jones' space and winning the ball than he was crossing the ball in. Maybe we should stick him in CM than watch the guff he's producing out on the right and let Yeates play there instead.

Goalkeepers...Coleman...young, very promising. Cornell is a bad'un. We've not had bad keepers at BP since the days of Brill, Day, Legzdins, O'Donnell...keepers get a raw deal at ours. But this Cornell doesn't know what he's doing. Just watch him the 2nd time Donny hit the bar inside 5 seconds...he actually gives up and starts trying to argue with players while the ball is still in play!!! Coleman wasn't at fault for the 5 Posh goals no matter what people want to spin. His defence sorely let him down in that game. Dropping him was a joke...but sadly, I think Dunn wants to stick with Cornell...I pray that I'm wrong about him but I think he will cost us.

There's a hell of a lot of work to do. We have key injuries...but I firmly believe there is a lot more that can be done to get this side playing. We have good players that aren't being played to their strengths. That includes Dunn being in the technical area rather than on the pitch. I hope this back seat of his is only for a game or two.

Edited by boundaryblue80

we didnt lose so that would be classed as satisfactory wouldnt it?

a loss not so much

a win more than

It was god awful.

The result was unsatisfactory because they were :censored:e and there for the taking.

Had we had a good go at getting all 3 points and come away unlucky with just a point that would have been fine by me.

Hardly attacking them all game wasn't.

Edited by HarryBosch

8 minutes in and Connor Brown gets slated for running down the left wing and putting in a dreadful cross. He barely ran down the left wing again. Simply put...he isn't left footed. He did the defensive job well all game but why he gets such abuse for being unable to attack on the left is baffling. I've never known our "support" to be so unforgiving...or to be less kind...stupid of the facts and limitations of the players.

Most of them have reasons for their struggles on the pitch...for example, Winchester...he isn't a deep sitting midfielder and so was poor. Jones...again, he takes care of the ball and can push a team forward yet is being played infront of the defence. We are covering for Kelly being injured but there has to be better options...it was Dieng at one point but he's being played at RB...not a natural position for him so he won't go down the right side. Yeates is a right footer also...but he was completely nullified on the left. He has been our best player in the last few weeks but Dunn preferred to leave him high and dry while Croft plundered utter crap on the right (more on him shortly.)

DP he's a striker, a natural finisher...this fitting him in because he runs about a lot is actually hurting him and the team. He needs games up top or not at all (and give him games to get bedded in.) Ship him out if we going to refuse to play him as a striker because he hasn't the know how to open a defence or support his front man. Poleon...isolated. Giving absolute rubbish service to feed on. Needs the sort of forward ball that only Dunn or maybe Jones could provide him.

The only person I feel is properly in their role and isn't cutting it is Lee Croft. This guy is painfully devoid of an attacking brain. Really losing patience with the guy to be honest...he does a lot of running about and yes, tackling even. He was more effective at running into Winchester and Jones' space and winning the ball than he was crossing the ball in. Maybe we should stick him in CM than watch the guff he's producing out on the right and let Yeates play there instead.

Goalkeepers...Coleman...young, very promising. Cornell is a bad'un. We've not had bad keepers at BP since the days of Brill, Day, Legzdins, O'Donnell...keepers get a raw deal at ours. But this Cornell doesn't know what he's doing. Just watch him the 2nd time Donny hit the bar inside 5 seconds...he actually gives up and starts trying to argue with players while the ball is still in play!!! Coleman wasn't at fault for the 5 Posh goals no matter what people want to spin. His defence sorely let him down in that game. Dropping him was a joke...but sadly, I think Dunn wants to stick with Cornell...I pray that I'm wrong about him but I think he will cost us.

There's a hell of a lot of work to do. We have key injuries...but I firmly believe there is a lot more that can be done to get this side playing. We have good players that aren't being played to their strengths. That includes Dunn being in the technical area rather than on the pitch. I hope this back seat of his is only for a game or two.

Think some people just have a go at Croft just for the sake of it, at least come up with something original!

It was god awful.

The result was unsatisfactory because they were :censored:e and there for the taking.

Had we had a good go at getting all 3 points and come away unlucky with just a point that would have been fine by me.

Hardly attacking them all game wasn't.

So the only team there for the taking was Donny? why because of poor form and a manager without any experience?

So the only team there for the taking was Oldham? why because of poor form and a manager without any experience?

Take your pick...

So the only team there for the taking was Donny? why because of poor form and a manager without any experience?

So the only team there for the taking was Oldham? why because of poor form and a manager without any experience?

Take your pick...

I really dont understand your point, are we really happy with a point and a lucky one at that at a managerless team low on confidence when we have just brought in a new manager? Compare us to Peterborough the week before who came to us in similar circumstances and absoloutely battered us, you'd have thought Dunn coming in would of galvanised us, if anything we were worse.

I really dont understand your point, are we really happy with a point and a lucky one at that at a managerless team low on confidence when we have just brought in a new manager? Compare us to Peterborough the week before who came to us in similar circumstances and absoloutely battered us, you'd have thought Dunn coming in would of galvanised us, if anything we were worse.

Did Dun galvanize us? 5-1 home loss to 1-1 away draw - I would say so

why wouldnt it galvanise Donny aswell? same situation?

both teams appoint a new manager who has never managed before, Both are poor form, both near the bottom of the league - what is the difference? why should we be beating them and not the other way round?

who was there for the takeing?

I didnt say i was happy I said it was satisfactory.

They have an interim manager, same as us.

Who says they were low on confidence? Why weren't they galvanised by a change of manager?

Seems to be a lot of over reaction to Dunn's first game in charge, he has already brought 2 new players with the promise of more, shipped out guys who in his opinion are not ready yet / not good enough, it appears he is being decisive.

Dunn's first objective is to stop the rot then he can gradually look to change things alongside the new players bedding in.

The new coach it will take time for his ethos to be taken on board.

Let's be positive :comeon: