Reading Club Song

You missed the rap! There's a :censored:ing RAP!

I was about to switch it off before I read this.

When fans of numerous other clubs are singing a bastardised version of this on the terraces, Reading will be able to say it was theirs originally.

Genius, I love Thailand.

I guess when they say "like the Kings of our land" they do mean the Thai King? if not, the Queen is going to be seriously unhappy :)

and the line "with our might, we will fight, for the GLORY of Reading" !!!!!!! ....nothing personal against Reading but it's not really a glorious place, just a larger version of Slough.

I was about to switch it off before I read this.

When fans of numerous other clubs are singing a bastardised version of this on the terraces, Reading will be able to say it was theirs originally.

As terrible as it is, when I hear the chorus I can hear the Athleticos bouncing along to it, changing Royals for Latics. Fortunately the drum will, as ever, be played too loud and quick for anybody else to join in.

You should hear some of the official Thai football club songs. Truly awful.

As NewBlue says, this is one instance of something not really transferring from one culture to another. At least you don't have to endure the spectacle of fans serenading teams before and after the match (regardless of whether they've won, drawn or lost) and chanting the opposition team's name (and not in an ironic way)...yet!

In order to balance things out, I've adopted this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010H0SHKM/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk9as my local club's (Chonburi) unofficial anthem.

Edited by ThaiLatic

Genius, I love Thailand.

I guess when they say "like the Kings of our land" they do mean the Thai King? if not, the Queen is going to be seriously unhappy :)

and the line "with our might, we will fight, for the GLORY of Reading" !!!!!!! ....nothing personal against Reading but it's not really a glorious place, just a larger version of Slough.

Reading is no longer a larger version of Slough... the redevelopment of the central area around the canal, the new shopping centre and general tidy up make it a reasonable evening out. As matter of interest when did you last spend an evening in the town?

As terrible as it is, when I hear the chorus I can hear the Athleticos bouncing along to it, changing Royals for Latics. Fortunately the drum will, as ever, be played too loud and quick for anybody else to join in.

Even the Athleticos would not be stupid enough to copy this.

Didn't mean to down boat you - sorry!! I will give you a random upboat ...

But surely Hometown could have applied tidy to a man too - we're all sisters and brothers now :-)

Don't worry about it.

Very true. I wasn't seriously suggesting it's a bloke of course but I suppose, even if it is, he is indeed pretty tidy. His penis would put me off though.

The reality is the song, the face paint and people featured in the video the empty staduim. An example of all wrong in football and it's clear it's not locals there trying to get down to the staduim.

Still money talks if they go up don't think there fans will proberly mind.