Dunn on GMR

Because Kelly was clueless and Johnson didnt have a massive squad, and relied upon the quality of a small squad, so couldnt lose 2 key players perhaps.

Something tells me we have a bigger budget under FFP because we fudged our figures to include revenue from the new stand... which still isnt open 1/4 games into the season.

On another topic for this thread, why did nobody question his selection of Croft ahead of Winchester/Yeates, when he is also clearly out of form, thus meaning Connor Brown had next to no outlet going forward and was forced to cut inside on Saturday and make the :censored: mistake he made.

Lee Croft was doing Brown's job for him in the first half & told the bench exactly that after he covered for him for the 5th time!

Brown cuts in and gives the ball away anyway. No matter who he is playing with. To blame Croft is Ridiculous!

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that the people papping on about him being arrogant are the same sort of folk who passively-aggressively say "What are you smiling at?" down the pub when you're simply enjoying your pint?

Could not be further from the truth.

Based simply on two facts

1) His expectation of adulation that he is now annointed the manager

2) His lack of understanding why many fans are not happy.

It matters not a jot that he was not here. We are where we are after 9 months of Annus Incompetencnus.

It's his job to lift the club. Doing that by the giving us something to cheer about be it results if not performances, not telling us we are wrong to feel we do (those that do). Fans are not wrong to feel disillusioned, disprited and disbelieving. We've heard it all before, too many long on promises and short on delivery.

And I am normally content to be accused of being a happy clapper.

Edited by singe

Lee Croft was doing Brown's job for him in the first half & told the bench exactly that after he covered for him for the 5th time!

Brown cuts in and gives the ball away anyway. No matter who he is playing with. To blame Croft is Ridiculous!

Didnt blame Croft, but Brown had literally nothing on, got caught running inside and made a horrendous mistake. That right side of the pitch is up there with the worst thats ever been fielded in football on Saturday. And like I mentioned in another post, 3 of their goals actually came down the left hand side, but Browns a boo boy so whatever.

Didnt blame Croft, but Brown had literally nothing on, got caught running inside and made a horrendous mistake. That right side of the pitch is up there with the worst thats ever been fielded in football on Saturday. And like I mentioned in another post, 3 of their goals actually came down the left hand side, but Browns a boo boy so whatever.

Nothing on!?

He had a load of space to run into which he chose not because he wanted to pass because he isn't comfortable on the ball. He had a man open, tried to pass, under hit and miss directed the ball! He then ran to the ball leaving space where he should have been open for the man who scored. For some reason you are trying to pass the blame for Brown's mistakes. Watch the footage again. Poor excuse for a footballer.

Goals will come down either side and we will concede without major errors but to try and pass the blame away from Brown for the first is laughable.

Odd so many of you are saying he came across well.

He didn't. He was nervous, boring & repetitive.

I couldn't care less though - it's what he says behind closed doors to the players that matters.

It's what's done on the pitch that counts Harry.

I think this needed to be said, and peronsally speaking am glad it has been acknowledged. It was no use Dunn being a poor performance and poor run denier.

Manager David Dunn accepts fans’ frustrations regarding the current run of form but is asking them to become the 12th man on Saturday as Sheffield United visit SportsDirect.com Park.

Dunn, who suffered his first defeat as manager last weekend against Scunthorpe United, believes the support from the fans will make a difference on Saturday.
He said: "The fans have been great. I totally understand their frustrations at times. If I was a fan and seen my team win one in 22 then I would be the same....

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/dunn-calling-for-unity-ahead-of-saturdays-game-2745159.aspx#OMtRyygMzRKxtp94.99

Edited by singe

I think this needed to be said, and peronsally speaking am glad it has been acknowledged. It was no use Dunn being a poor performance and poor run denier.

Manager David Dunn accepts fans’ frustrations regarding the current run of form but is asking them to become the 12th man on Saturday as Sheffield United visit SportsDirect.com Park.

Dunn, who suffered his first defeat as manager last weekend against Scunthorpe United, believes the support from the fans will make a difference on Saturday.
He said: "The fans have been great. I totally understand their frustrations at times. If I was a fan and seen my team win one in 22 then I would be the same....

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/dunn-calling-for-unity-ahead-of-saturdays-game-2745159.aspx#OMtRyygMzRKxtp94.99

Who wouldn't be frustrated by a manager's poor grammar?