Dunn on GMR

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either Philly or Stan Uptop with Poleon on Saturday and, I can deal with that , but if when the teams are announced at 2pm and Connor Brown is starting again I think I'll save my money and sanity .

If he starts it will at least show the Sheff Utd fans what they are missing !!!!!!!!

Lucky barstewards.

It's either Philly or Stan Uptop with Poleon on Saturday and, I can deal with that , but if when the teams are announced at 2pm and Connor Brown is starting again I think I'll save my money and sanity .

Who's this Stan Uptop, I can't find we've signed him anywhere?

cornell kept the score down on Saturday.

Our best player by far .

If he keeps on conceding at the current rate of over two a game we will have conceded around 100 by May, but at least we are protecting Coleman.

When is it Conman Browns turn to be rested and protected then? Is it just coincidence that the two games we have been battered at home his mistakes have set the tone for the afternoon? Dunns failure to address this is a major worry.

Edited by yarddog73

All run of the mill stuff.....same questions same answers.

One thing I did notice that he is nowhere near as confident of success as he appeared when he took the job on.

He was a bit nervy throughout and came across no better than Kelly. I hope he gets us playing and climbing the table but I am not totally convinced he's the right man to do it!

Agree with most of that, but he still sounds more convincing than Kelly (which isn't difficult tbh).

Did you watch the two games in question? If you did then you know what the difference was.

Most people made Cornell Latics man of the match.

In fairness, I don't think Coleman was particularly at fault for any of Peterborough's goals.

Connor Brown, on the other hand... I still haven't decided whether to laugh or cry about him tripping over the ball before Posh's second.

Just listened to the whole thing, overall he came across fairly well.

Things that stood out to me were him not being sure if we could have 5 or 6 loan players in the matchplay squad, which is pretty important as it would surely lead to a stupid fine and possibly a points deduction if he got it wrong, and his justification for playing Brown and Philliskirk. If we had a small squad I could see the reason for playing the good "characters", but we have a lot of players in the squad to choose from and we really don't need to be shoehorning them in. Also if Brown was such a good character why have we brought Dummigan and Eckersley in??

Final point, I thought most of the questions by the fans were really good. Except maybe for the soup one!

He is possibly a bit stunned by the lack of support he has had from the fans, I know I am.

I didn't sense lack of support for Dunn, as such. Disillusionment with the club and the players though, definitely.

Yeah, that is a factor no doubt.

I just don't sense any great goodwill towards him which I find a bit odd given his playing pedigree.

We know the template for manager recruitment, young and nearly/recently retired - given that he's about as good a 'name' as we could expect to get IMO.

That is true. The idea he's snaked his way in certainly lingers with a lot of fans, and contributes to that.

The backdrop of the stand and the performances no doubt take the spotlight away from him too.

If he was appointed when Kelly was, I'd imagine there'd have been the fawning that he might have expected.

New Blue has answered the reason for the lack of support and underwhelmed by his appointment, the nature of his appointment.

Bit arrogant of him to expect much more.

That would be all forgotten if things did improve on the pitch significantly, but they haven't.

I made a rare foray, and watched the Gilingham game, which gave hope despite the shaky defence, but it all got undone v Scunthorpe.

As was said by it's the same old problems occuring, and I think the rooky manager is the cause. One step forward, two back. We don't seem to learn.

I am more worried this season than any other I can remember.

Just listened to the whole thing, overall he came across fairly well.

Things that stood out to me were him not being sure if we could have 5 or 6 loan players in the matchplay squad, which is pretty important as it would surely lead to a stupid fine and possibly a points deduction if he got it wrong, and his justification for playing Brown and Philliskirk. If we had a small squad I could see the reason for playing the good "characters", but we have a lot of players in the squad to choose from and we really don't need to be shoehorning them in. Also if Brown was such a good character why have we brought Dummigan and Eckersley in??

Final point, I thought most of the questions by the fans were really good. Except maybe for the soup one!

This thing with collecting right backs is really puzzling.

When asked about why Conor Brown keeps getting picked while others sit on the bench, he said something along the lines of " sometimes things go on behind the scenes at football clubs, that you can't talk about in public and Conor Brown is a really good character in the changing room".

It seems clear that, for whatever reason, he doesn't want to play Wilson, but the one I don't understand is Eckersley - on the bench every week but not brought on and and then another right back comes in on loan as well.

Thought he came across quite well, I'm definitely feeling slightly more positive after listening to him talk.

It seems like one of the first things he's done is to get Forte and Mills' injuries sorted, so they're fit when they come back. Wonder why Johnson and Kelly decided to keep risking them?

Just listened now and for me he came across well! Not sure what some people expect from the lad on these interviews he's in a no win situation!

How is he sounding arrogant? That didn't come across at all for me. A confident lad that obviously likes the club and wants to do well!

If he'd have been appointed before DK he wouldn't have got much grief for me, a lot would have been happy!

Thought he came across quite well, I'm definitely feeling slightly more positive after listening to him talk.

It seems like one of the first things he's done is to get Forte and Mills' injuries sorted, so they're fit when they come back. Wonder why Johnson and Kelly decided to keep risking them?

Because Kelly was clueless and Johnson didnt have a massive squad, and relied upon the quality of a small squad, so couldnt lose 2 key players perhaps.

Something tells me we have a bigger budget under FFP because we fudged our figures to include revenue from the new stand... which still isnt open 1/4 games into the season.

On another topic for this thread, why did nobody question his selection of Croft ahead of Winchester/Yeates, when he is also clearly out of form, thus meaning Connor Brown had next to no outlet going forward and was forced to cut inside on Saturday and make the :censored: mistake he made.

How is he sounding arrogant? That didn't come across at all for me.

Is it possible that the people papping on about him being arrogant are the same sort of folk who passively-aggressively say "What are you smiling at?" down the pub when you're simply enjoying your pint?