Dunn on GMR

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sketchy on a few players. Don't expect too much in depth but Green 'issues' and Winchester answer felt like there was something beneath the surface - can't see Carl getting a chance anytime soon with that curt comment.

Philliskirk answer was as expected. Works hard, need someone like that etc. Deflating.

Interesting that he keeps saying 'them' and 'they'. Not 'us' and 'we'. Shouldn't read too much into it, like.

It's not a lack of ability, it's a lack of any ability.

I hate Jimmy Wagg - so frustrating the way he channels questions. We were discussing the merits of one of our worst footballers since Guy Branston a minute ago - appaling.

Mills back running after injections for injury

I'm sure Yardog will spout the same rubbish about it....

Taggart once kicked a boot in the England captains face and a fall out ensued. David Dunn had a go at an out of form Mills and Mills told him to :censored: off. I also once told a team mate to :censored: off, our pints still tasted the same a hour later.

All run of the mill stuff.....same questions same answers.

One thing I did notice that he is nowhere near as confident of success as he appeared when he took the job on.

He was a bit nervy throughout and came across no better than Kelly. I hope he gets us playing and climbing the table but I am not totally convinced he's the right man to do it!

All run of the mill stuff.....same questions same answers.

One thing I did notice that he is nowhere near as confident of success as he appeared when he took the job on.

He was a bit nervy throughout and came across no better than Kelly. I hope he gets us playing and climbing the table but I am not totally convinced he's the right man to do it!

He is possibly a bit stunned by the lack of support he has had from the fans, I know I am.

I didn't sense lack of support for Dunn, as such. Disillusionment with the club and the players though, definitely.

Yeah, that is a factor no doubt.

I just don't sense any great goodwill towards him which I find a bit odd given his playing pedigree.

We know the template for manager recruitment, young and nearly/recently retired - given that he's about as good a 'name' as we could expect to get IMO.

That is true. The idea he's snaked his way in certainly lingers with a lot of fans, and contributes to that.

The backdrop of the stand and the performances no doubt take the spotlight away from him too.

If he was appointed when Kelly was, I'd imagine there'd have been the fawning that he might have expected.