FA cup 1st round draw

St Albans away was who I generated. Then I had another go and got Hartlepool away and thought to myself "That's more like an Oldham FA Cup first round draw".

When's the last time we drew a non-league team at home? Was it Burton way back in 2002? I love seeing an away end full of excited day-trippers.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't knock the model at FC United - they are a demonstration of how clubs should be run.

Not really. You or me could successfully run a club who could immediately tap into thousands of supporters from one of the biggest clubs in the world. With Darren Kelly as manager.

And all the touchy, feely bollocks is, again, easy to do given their unique situation..

Not really. You or me could successfully run a club who could immediately tap into thousands of supporters from one of the biggest clubs in the world. With Darren Kelly as manager.

And all the touchy, feely bollocks is, again, easy to do given their unique situation..

That is why I say it's such a shame they have adopted the United tag. It's a cop-out for that reason. However now they are up and running, with a decent fan base, there are several ways in which they can be used as an example.

The other problem is that they are competing in non-league with League 2 crowds, which obviously makes things fairly simple. If we were to compete with a fan-owned model against the likes of Sheffield United and Bradford we'd be struggling badly.

Still, there are certain things they do well, and can be commended for, and it's hard to deny that.

That is why I say it's such a shame they have adopted the United tag. It's a cop-out for that reason. However now they are up and running, with a decent fan base, there are several ways in which they can be used as an example.

I agree - "see these son - they're a right set of :censored:" :grin:

Stadium construction....?

Did they do it well or just err...do it?

Our perspective on such matters is a little bit skewed...

"We're building a new ground"

"Ok"

a year or two later....

"We've built that new ground we said we were building"

"Ok"

Edited by HarryBosch

Be a scramble for tickets if we got them away, what would they give us? 800?

Stockport where restricted to 500 so I'd guess we would receive about the same, only 2 sides of the ground have stands so I suspect it would be a little like Fleetwood down the side for those fortunate enough to get a ticket.

Stockport where restricted to 500 so I'd guess we would receive about the same, only 2 sides of the ground have stands so I suspect it would be a little like Fleetwood down the side for those fortunate enough to get a ticket.

FA Cup rules state away fans must be given at least 15% of capacity if requested, which for them would equate to 660.

Whitehawk away with a capacity of 2,000 would be a fun day out if you could get a ticket.

In the same league as the Mighty Dulwich Hamlet (Hamlet are concentrating on the league this season). Guess what everyone calls them?

One of those where you'll need to show every trick in your ticket-securing box.

St Albans away was who I generated. Then I had another go and got Hartlepool away and thought to myself "That's more like an Oldham FA Cup first round draw".

When's the last time we drew a non-league team at home? Was it Burton way back in 2002? I love seeing an away end full of excited day-trippers.

Chasetown brought a load in a replay... Think that was more recent.

Just checked the fixture list and we've no game on the 6th... I'm assuming that's when the ties will be played? Just booked an impromptu weekend in the Lakes for missus' birthday that weekend (looks like Barrow aren't even in it either).

I'm going to be devestated if we get FC United away.

Just checked the fixture list and we've no game on the 6th... I'm assuming that's when the ties will be played? Just booked an impromptu weekend in the Lakes for missus' birthday that weekend (looks like Barrow aren't even in it either).

Cancel now tell her work commitments or something, then if bad draw rebook n she'll be even happier than first time

Whitehawk away with a capacity of 2,000 would be a fun day out if you could get a ticket.

They wanted to rename themselves Brighton City and move to the Withdean a few seasons back.

Don't see the big fuss about Salford or FC odds are both with get into the football or we will play them in friendlies at some point.

Rather play a side we will not play again like Grays.

In fact be better if Salford drew FC let them have there own wankfest among themselves.

Edited by Forte_Baby

You'll hate this - my wife and kids are away for the weekend without me

(although this does undoubtedly mean we'll get Gillingham away)