FA cup 1st round draw

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't knock the model at FC United - they are a demonstration of how clubs should be run. It's just a shame they took and use the United name. It's not a healthy situation to be having fan-clubs for existing teams potentially competing in the leagues ahead of actual clubs, which represent places.

Edited by NewBlue

Walsall away. Does the fact of randomly generated tie alter the odds of a repeat result in the draw proper?

What I mean is...when you get a lucky dip lottery ticket, you have a 45 million to one chance of getting the numbers that appear on the page. Are you asking for two 45m-1 chances to come in or just one?

Walsall away. Does the fact of randomly generated tie alter the odds of a repeat result in the draw proper?

What I mean is...when you get a lucky dip lottery ticket, you have a 45 million to one chance of getting the numbers that appear on the page. Are you asking for two 45m-1 chances to come in or just one?

Well I'll donate £20 to playershare if it's Walsall away.

I suspect the odds are the same for both the randomly generated number and the draw and so cancel one another out. 79/1 + 79/1 = 158/2.

What about homes and aways though? You've got a 1 in 2 chance of being at home, right?

The odds in the random draw and the real draw are exactly the same. However, if you specify that you want to have, say Walsall, in both draws before you start then you multiply the odds together. So if there are 80 teams in the draw it is 1/79 x 1/79 = 1/6241. Incidentally 158/2 is exactly the same as 79/1.

Edit - I forgot the homes and aways point. If you specify that you want Walsall away it is 1/158.

Edited by Magic Mikey

The odds in the random draw and the real draw are exactly the same. However, if you specify that you want to have, say Walsall, in both draws before you start then you multiply the odds together. So if there are 80 teams in the draw it is 1/79 x 1/79 = 1/6241. Incidentally 158/2 is exactly the same as 79/1.

Edit - I forgot the homes and aways point. If you specify that you want Walsall away it is 1/158.

Cheers. I did have an inkling that 158/2 is exactly the same as 79/1!

I've got a nice feeling for Leyton Orient away. Do prayers reduce odds?