FA cup 1st round draw

...to go and play in a strictly unregulated competition in a favela.

How dare you suggest that Dulwich isn't already fully gentrified!

But what about FC's stance? They've come a long way since they were formed but are sticking with the principles. What's not to love about that? They're being forced to do something they don't want by the FA at the behest of the BBC (one evil TV company among many), so why aren't you on their side?

They haven't actually done much about it though. They are a protest club that hasnt really protested, theyve just wrote an angry letter about it. They should advise fans to baulk at the minimum £10 fee and the moving of the game to an inconvenient Monday night for arguably their biggest game in their brief history, (even refuse to sell tickets as theyre subusidised £70k TV money) dont fill the stadium for this Televised match, the BBC would have a shambles on there hands and a protest would be heard loud and clear

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Oldham related, but a housemate of mine from Uni just helped his Barwell side beat Rushden & Diamonds to reach round one for the first time in their history.

An away trip there in round two would do nicely!

They must have done a hell of a lot of work on that ground since my non-league football days playing against them in the early 2000's if they are even considering holding a full tie there!!

But what about FC's stance? They've come a long way since they were formed but are sticking with the principles. What's not to love about that? They're being forced to do something they don't want by the FA at the behest of the BBC (one evil TV company among many), so why aren't you on their side?

Did they make the same statement and protest when they drew Rochdale away a few seasons back which was played on a Friday night on TV? I can't recall if they did or not.

I like their stance, however if they didn't make the same song and dance about it the last time then it smacks a bit of hypocrisy to me.

Did they make the same statement and protest when they drew Rochdale away a few seasons back which was played on a Friday night on TV? I can't recall if they did or not.

I like their stance, however if they didn't make the same song and dance about it the last time then it smacks a bit of hypocrisy to me.

Friday isnt Monday tho is it?

I didn't know about the previous song and dance until this one. That's how songs and dances work. You might have to keep doing them till enough people notice.

It's not as if they can pull out of the competition having entered it (Leeslover would have a go at them for doing that as well). But they'll have the benefit of the cameras when the match is played to make their point known more widely.

Some bitter :censored:ers on here. Its refreshing how they go about their business, fan owned, one member one vote a club based around community that is inclusive and open to all, pretty small minded to knock them based on their associations with Man Utd.

Their association to United doesn't even bother me. It's their self-righteous, "we invented non-league football", morally confused approach that winds me up.

Their association to United doesn't even bother me. It's their self-righteous, "we invented non-league football", morally confused approach that winds me up.

This..... They are getting 70 grand to play on a Monday night, kicking off about it on the outside, rubbing their hands on the inside! !

It was Dulwich that first allowed women in though.

Why shouldn't we dislike them anyway? They are fed up with Man Utd so become a lower league version. They sing songs about having won 20 titles. They spout self righteous :censored:e on matchday that most wouldn't have a clue about the rest of the time.

And they make you think of Man Utd, and they're :censored: too.

They aren't really making a stance here all they are doing is saying we don't want the BBC in our dressing room interfering with the team talk and sitting on the bench distracting the subs whilst warming up. Most clubs wouldn't want that.

And moving kick off times to accomodate it. And other clubs did allow it.

And moving kick off times to accomodate it. And other clubs did allow it.

If we got promoted to the championship we would get a number of games moved to accommodate TV if we got to the premiership we would have many games moved to accommodate TV it's a price I and most others would happily pay. I was more than happy for both FA cup against Everton and Liverpool to be moved for TV.

If principles meant anything to them they could always pull out of the cup.

The position of entering the competition and raise objections about certain aspects of the competition as it arose was democratically agreed. The membership - rightly or wrongly - voted on entering the competition in 2007 either knowing that situations like this would arise or it would never arise because 'it'll be over by Christmas' - now that it has arisen the membership will have to decide what to do .

As it stands now there are several options being discussed, leaving the competition is one of the considerations under review.

'Your club your rules' - whether you get a say in it or not. That's your prerogative.

I don't get a say but I don't want one. I expect others to run the club to make those decisions if they get it right they get the rewards if they get it wrong too many times then I walk away and so do others.

I don't get a say but I don't want one. I expect others to run the club to make those decisions if they get it right they get the rewards if they get it wrong too many times then I walk away and so do others.

That's absolutely fine.