Lee Johnson...

Lee Johnson again?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would your preference be from the below?

• Sack Dunn and bring back Johnson
    • Give Dunn until the end of the season
    • Sack Dunn and bring someone else in

:censored: Johnson and Dunn can go for me also, he is running out of excuses and is gonna be the man who takes us down. Why give him a season when they didn't give the last man 10 games?

For the love of god, you HAVE to stop using Kelly as a yard stick for all future managers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the far from ideal but completely necessary sacking of Kelly I strongly believed things were going to get uglier before they got prettier, regardless of the manager. He wouldn't be and wasn't my first choice, but Dunn's been OK. Far from spectacular of course but he's not been terrible. He's made us tough to beat as 2 defeats in 10 would suggest. Granted we need to pick up wins in November but at present talk of sacking him is ludicrous. Things would get even worse over the next 2 months as any new manager would want to make even more changes, which in our current situation would be rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

As for re-hiring Johnson? Wrong on so many levels. His current losing streak is nearly as long as Dunn's managerial reign.

I've already gone over whether I'd have him back or not, but what I will say in this thread is that he (along with his team) had me looking forward to watching us play for the first time in a very long time...

I said exactly the same thing to a mate before. I wanted and looked forward to watching Latics under Johnson. Now am going out of habit.

I read this board several times a day to keep up to speed although don't post that often these days. This poll forced me to log on and add my two penneth though...

LEE JOHNSON CAN :censored: RIGHT OFF.

I think his current predicament is absolutely hilarious.

This.

I liked Lee Johnson as our manager. There was hope and optimism around the place and it vanished once he left. Those attributes should not be underestimated. They could be worth 10-15 points a season.

Equally, the fact he got us to 5th in the table after Chedgate was astounding. The decline in form once it became obvious Barnsley was on the horizon should, perhaps, be ignored. The fact he was prepared to ditch his own project before the end of the season for a team lower in the table shouldn't.

When he left, I thought he would be a success. And he certainly improved Barnsley last season. A couple of times as Latics manager he went on long winless streaks amid rumours about a less than conciliatory style of management. Suggesting he could lose a dressing room. Equally, he always, eventually, turned it round.

I think many Latics fans took him to their hearts. They bought the hope that he genuinely brought to the club. But, ultimately, he cheated on us. He has flaws anyway. Football is rarely a game where going back succeeds.

So for me it's a no. And I'll enjoy his demise because it makes me laugh.

Can we nick Tommy Wright back?

That is a :censored:in joke right?

That bloke went from my childhood idol to a :censored: overnight, I am trying to reason why some would want Johnson/Wright back and I put it down to our fans being so disenchanted that the last time they can remember us winning was when he was in charge, lets not forget though he had lost the dressing room, was openly critisising players in the media, applying for numerous positions whilst employed at BP but the one that still sticks in my throat more than any sitting in the stands with nobhead Wright watching Barnsley whilst still employed by a club which had been good to both of them. Sorry thats something you just dont do.

People are forgetting Johnson could not just walk back in here and pick up where he left off.

The players are not stupid, the banter alone would mean they take the piss out of him about not making it, can't hack it etc.

It would undermine him, and he struggles in an atmosphere like that, he needs total control and respect where he is doing them a favour.

Players like Higdon and Fuller and maybe Croft would struggle to respect him.

A bad move all round.

Both lj and Tommy behaved disgracefully in the game against barnsley last year. Neither should be allowed anywhere near the club again.

Hope both fail miserably

What did they do?

I do think Johnson could do a job here but it would have to be out of dire desperation to be convinced we should take him back. Don't think I've got *that* unsettled just quite yet...

What did they do?

I do think Johnson could do a job here but it would have to be out of dire desperation to be convinced we should take him back. Don't think I've got *that* unsettled just quite yet...

They probably celebrated Barnsley's goal in front of fans who gave then untold :censored: for 90 minutes. Some Latics will have got disgustedly personal with the insults so they probably told them to do one....the scoundrels