Lee Johnson...

Lee Johnson again?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would your preference be from the below?

• Sack Dunn and bring back Johnson
    • Give Dunn until the end of the season
    • Sack Dunn and bring someone else in

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a :censored:in joke right?

That bloke went from my childhood idol to a :censored: overnight, I am trying to reason why some would want Johnson/Wright back and I put it down to our fans being so disenchanted that the last time they can remember us winning was when he was in charge, lets not forget though he had lost the dressing room, was openly critisising players in the media, applying for numerous positions whilst employed at BP but the one that still sticks in my throat more than any sitting in the stands with nobhead Wright watching Barnsley whilst still employed by a club which had been good to both of them. Sorry thats something you just dont do.

From a purely footballing stand-point, i'd rather have Tommy Wright than Dean Holden.

As i'm sure 99% of this forum would do too...

People are forgetting Johnson could not just walk back in here and pick up where he left off.

The players are not stupid, the banter alone would mean they take the piss out of him about not making it, can't hack it etc.

It would undermine him, and he struggles in an atmosphere like that, he needs total control and respect where he is doing them a favour.

Players like Higdon and Fuller and maybe Croft would struggle to respect him.

A bad move all round.

Strange thing just happened, I was in the 'would not mind LJ coming back' camp but then I read this and considered it's argument .... and was swayed by it.

A bad move indeed Singe I agree.

But the bigger shock is someone getting their opinion changed - is this a OWTB first? :omg:

Edited by Stagger Lee

Strange thing just happened, I was in the 'would not mind LJ coming back' camp but then I read this and considered it's argument .... and was swayed by it.

A bad move indeed Singe I agree.

But the bigger shock is someone getting their opinion changed - is this a OWTB first? :omg:

Why thank you. I feel suitably honoured!

Dunny is :censored: but Johnson is a :censored:house.Is that not poetic? Well, if you were Australian it might be.

That's poetic

Thanks. i though so at the time, but I was 'tired' after sinking a few glasses on Saturday. Surprised i could even type. Could've been a lot worse.

Pffft doesn't even rhyme you drongos Edited by L1onheartNew

Lets be honest, if Johnson was to come back and won a few games in a row we wouldn't give a :censored: about him leaving to go Barnsley.

Also as a point of comparison, when Johnson took over in his first 10 league games we got 15 points whereas Dunn has got 9 points from 9 so far.

Johnson - Won 4, drew 3 and lost 3. 11 goals scored and 9 conceded.

Dunn- Won 1, drew 6 and lost 2. 11 scored and 13 conceded.

Edited by RobOAFC

Lets be honest, if Johnson was to come back and won a few games in a row we wouldn't give a :censored: about him leaving to go Barnsley.

Also as a point of comparison, when Johnson took over in his first 10 league games we got 15 points whereas Dunn has got 9 points from 9 so far.

Johnson - Won 4, drew 3 and lost 3. 11 goals scored and 9 conceded.

Dunn- Won 1, drew 6 and lost 2. 11 scored and 13 conceded.

So based on those statistics we just need to tighten up at the back.

That is a :censored:in joke right?

That bloke went from my childhood idol to a :censored: overnight

In regard to Tommy Wright as a Oldham player he had 2 spells. He was sold by the club & replacedin the first. In his 2nd spell at the club he was simply just released.

He has coached at quite a few different levels at the clubover the years, some publicised more than others. He was assistant manager to John Sheridan remember. I don't recall him leaving of his own accord when Sheridan & his management team were given the boot!

Loyalty only seems to work one way at Latics. If you decide to leave :censored: you you're a :censored:! If we get rid of you 2 or 3 times that's :censored: you anyway.

Best fans in the land...except for only 1%???

Edited by palmer1

In regard to Tommy Wright as a Oldham player he had 2 spells. He was sold by the club & replacedin the first. In his 2nd spell at the club he was simply just released.

He has coached at quite a few different levels at the clubover the years, some publicised more than others. He was assistant manager to John Sheridan remember. I don't recall him leaving of his own accord when Sheridan & his management team were given the boot!

Loyalty only seems to work one way at Latics. If you decide to leave :censored: you you're a :censored:! If we get rid of you 2 or 3 times that's :censored: you anyway.

Best fans in the land...except for only 1%???

Wright was in on the act with LJ, happy to take the chance and pay cheque here yet digging out blind to try get a move elsewhere, if you see that as some sort of quality it probably says more about you than me.

Wright was in on the act with LJ, happy to take the chance and pay cheque here yet digging out blind to try get a move elsewhere, if you see that as some sort of quality it probably says more about you than me.

Really? Who told you that your source?

We gave them permission to talk to Barnsley & he was offered the opportunity to go with LJ or stay here & possibly be out of work just like when we sacked him & Shez.

The fact that you think he is a :censored: because he left the club on his own terms after leaving on someone else's 3 times previously after great service in decent times and bad says a great deal about you and your character. In reality nothing more than those who read your posts couldn't already guess

Really? Who told you that your source?

We gave them permission to talk to Barnsley & he was offered the opportunity to go with LJ or stay here & possibly be out of work just like when we sacked him & Shez.

The fact that you think he is a :censored: because he left the club on his own terms after leaving on someone else's 3 times previously after great service in decent times and bad says a great deal about you and your character. In reality nothing more than those who read your posts couldn't already guess

If the cap fits and all that.

What I will say is over the years we have seen plenty of players come and go, generally I want the best for them as they go onto other things, Johnson and Wright can :censored: right off for me I've no time for neither.

Edited by yarddog73

You really think so? I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that returning managers are just invited back for a cup of tea and a chat about salary expectations.

Ah, I meant we could be sure he'd do a good one if required. If those folks can good Kelly to wow people LJ must be :censored:ing awesome