Please don't be mean to our players during the game

And they have spent.

The point is they have not been boom and bust have they. And very transparent about the land being the reason they were in.

From what I gather they have invested in the club and seem to think that they are owed that money back. I presume if we made millions from a promotion or two they'd have let the club keep it all?

Lets not pretend they are good owners, they're not bad but they're not good. They've sorted themselves out. They have split the club up and it seems ensured all money they have ever put in they'll get back and some. The 2 that have 'left' still own the ground i believe.

Should someone want to buy the club from corney they'd still need to buy the ground from them or face paying rent and not getting revenue from the new stand. We sold players and gone on cup runs and that money has gone into the stand that the club doesn't own. How can that be right?

Edited by Clifford

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I gather they have invested in the club and seem to think that they are owed that money back. I presume if we made millions from a promotion or two they'd have let the club keep it all?

Lets not pretend they are good owners, they're not bad but they're not good. They've sorted themselves out. They have split the club up and it seems ensured all money they have ever put in they'll get back and some. The 2 that have 'left' still own the ground i believe.

Should someone want to buy the club from corney they'd still need to buy the ground from them or face paying rent and not getting revenue from the new stand. We sold players and gone on cup runs and that money has gone into the stand that the club doesn't own. How can that be right?

Clifford it can be right because it is a dictatorship-we must accept that. One man owns all of the shares with voting rights and pays the wages and makes all of the appointments at management level. There is nothing we can do about that-no matter what we might say.

Any potential new owner either pays full price to include clearing all of the loans to cover losses or he tells them what he wants to pay to get what he needs.

That need would have to include the ground and the stand. It doesnt matter which Company owns what at the moment.

If TTA wont do the deal at a reasonable price they will be left with a loss making enterprise.

The club actually gets cheaper the longer that Corney keeps making bad decisions. It doesnt help us the paying public but it does make it easier to get a buyer.

As supporters we can but hope that it is sooner rather than later and doesnt include Liquidation or Administration

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Corney is like death from a thousand paper cuts, long drawn out sign posted death. I'd rather get my brains blown out riding a Brazilian stripper. Look at how much fun the Bury fans are having or Blackpool had. I'd take a Torex episode over 7 more years of this :censored:e.

I'd like to know when Corney says he'll sell the club does he include the stadium in that? They have gone to pains to ensure the club doesn't own it.

You must be mad to want to have a torex epsisode again. Lets risk the whole futre of the club because your board. Lets see how envious you are of Bury when it goes tits up becausw it will.

Absolutely.

Just look at Stockport, Tranmere, Wrexham, Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough . It's not worth going all through that in a fit of pique.

Ever.

And those clamouring for Corney to go, would be the first to chuck in the towel and walk away from the club when the going got really tough.

That's absolute balderdash.

I want Corney out. I was here long before him. And I'll be here long after him. Be that League One, Conference North or wherever.

Agreed, but doesn't how that complaint is made make a difference?

There's a difference between booing a bad performance at the end, and screaming abuse at the players at close range all throughout the game.

A Sheffield Wed supporting mate of mine goes to BP occasionally and sits in the MS paddock behind the dugouts so if the match is crap he can at least be entertained by the local numpties.

During his last visit a 'fan' was hurling continual abuse at one or two of our players calling them dog :censored: etc. etc. He said it was hilarious because the game hadn't even kicked off and was during the warm up!!!

Every club has this to contend with but I must admit some of the main stand moaners are in a league of their own when it comes to abuse and it will be these guys that Corney's referring to and rightly so!!

Corney is like death from a thousand paper cuts, long drawn out sign posted death. I'd rather get my brains blown out riding a Brazilian stripper. Look at how much fun the Bury fans are having or Blackpool had. I'd take a Torex episode over 7 more years of this :censored:e.

I'd like to know when Corney says he'll sell the club does he include the stadium in that? They have gone to pains to ensure the club doesn't own it.

Get a grip you want another torex. Being very close to not being Oldham athletic again how can you wish that again. Yes I know times are bad at the moment but it could be much worse.

You look at bury who have been in financial difficulty several times and I guarantee they will be in them again. Also Blackpool were the chairman goes to court against fans for damages. Get a grip of yourself if you think being them or financial difficulty is better then you are deluded.

Splitting things up is not automatically bad, it can save a fortune VAT wise, and other tax breaks. I acknowledge the devil is in the detail, and I cannot say it will be ideal in Oldham's case, but there are good reasons to do it as well.

The money has also gone on new signings. Corney has backed every manager which has been here. Loan signings don't come cheap. Wages still have to be paid. I remember corney saying that the club was running at the cost of 1 million a year. A cup run every now and again doesn't get you that money.

The money has also gone on new signings. Corney has backed every manager which has been here. Loan signings don't come cheap. Wages still have to be paid. I remember corney saying that the club was running at the cost of 1 million a year. A cup run every now and again doesn't get you that money.

Rule No 1 - Corney talks :censored:e, remember that stand he said would be ready for the start of last season, still not finished is it.

Not only do they own the ground, much of which they've sold off. Who are the directors of Oldham Events Centre (the company which it seems will take all money out of the new stand)? Corney, Blitz and Gazal, along with Anna Kocerhan who was appointed to the clubs board six months ago and seems not to have been mentioned since. Yet, some people still think it's far fetched to suggest that Corney's primary function is to look after the interests of his two mates.

Meanwhile, the club still owes them :censored:loads of money, it'll probably never be able to pay.

I heard him say that figure and looking at previous years Accounts (bar one) it seems accurate..

He has been saying that the club needs to become a 24/7 organisation making money every day. The North Stand was touted as being the vehicle to do so.

BUT He has overspent and still not finished the stand so that 24/7 operation becomes more distant PLUS loans have increased to pay for the fittings.

So for a few seasons from the completion date of the North Stand income will be used to repay those extra loans.

So TTA/OEC Ltd becomes a 24/7 operation but OAFC Ltd doesnt. Not exactly the solution that was being advertised is it?

Splitting things up is not automatically bad, it can save a fortune VAT wise, and other tax breaks. I acknowledge the devil is in the detail, and I cannot say it will be ideal in Oldham's case, but there are good reasons to do it as well.

The primary reason will be to keep any assets away from Creditors taking legal action which is usually HMRC. It is a sensible move.

I heard him say that figure and looking at previous years Accounts (bar one) it seems accurate..

He has been saying that the club needs to become a 24/7 organisation making money every day. The North Stand was touted as being the vehicle to do so.

BUT He has overspent and still not finished the stand so that 24/7 operation becomes more distant PLUS loans have increased to pay for the fittings.

So for a few seasons from the completion date of the North Stand income will be used to repay those extra loans.

So TTA/OEC Ltd becomes a 24/7 operation but OAFC Ltd doesnt. Not exactly the solution that was being advertised is it?

OEC doesn't take all the money for the whole stand. Just the Event Centre bit. Which is in effect an Events Management Co.

For example, it does not take the 100 Club money.

OEC doesn't take the Gym money.

OEC doesn't take the Sports Direct shop money.

It may be the case that OEC pays a fee to use the Stand anyway.

Edited by singe

OEC doesn't take all the money for the whole stand. Just the Event Centre bit. Which is in effect an Events Management Co.

Points taken but it will probably be 2 or 3 years before we know if any fee (rent) is paid across to OAFC Ltd.

The Sports Direct shop money will be theirs but to whom do they pay any rent? It should be to OAFC Ltd but do we actually know that?

Similarly for the Gym-do you actually know who will run that and who will take the money and to whom will they pay any rent?

I never mentioned seating income and refreshments which is matchday income not part of the 24/7!

OEC can't take ST money - it's essentially matchday ticket revenue.

Who owns the gym? I assume it's not the club.

Who lets the space to the gym and SD shop? I'd be surprised if it's not OEC.

OEC can't take ST money - it's essentially matchday ticket revenue.

Who owns the gym? I assume it's not the club.

Who lets the space to the gym and SD shop? I'd be surprised if it's not OEC.

The Gym is going to be sub let.

Sports Direct shop was part of the sponsorship deal so OEC won't see any of that.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-boundary-park-renamed-sports-7030655

Obviously the 100 club is matchday revenue It was in response to the claim that the OEC takes the money for the whole stand. Some people are under the misapprehension that the whole stand money goes to OEC.

Edited by singe

A Sheffield Wed supporting mate of mine goes to BP occasionally and sits in the MS paddock behind the dugouts so if the match is crap he can at least be entertained by the local numpties.

During his last visit a 'fan' was hurling continual abuse at one or two of our players calling them dog :censored: etc. etc. He said it was hilarious because the game hadn't even kicked off and was during the warm up!!!

Every club has this to contend with but I must admit some of the main stand moaners are in a league of their own when it comes to abuse and it will be these guys that Corney's referring to and rightly so!!

I know the type you mean. This type of 'fan' actually wants us to lose. Proper mongs.

OK, as you seem to be someone in the Anyone-but-Corney camp, what about Stephen Vaughan. Would you really prefer him over Corney?

Edited by singe

There was a little bellend in the MSP abusing Murphy all through the warm up before Peterborough at home.

When he scored I turned round and told him to shut it. Safe to say he celebrated the goal.

One for the next generation...

Another in the MSU, he must be well known, abused Kelly all matched and left early during the Blackburn FRIENDLY. Some wallies knocking about in that stand.

Edited by NewBlue

There was a little bellend in the MSP abusing Murphy all through the warm up before Peterborough at home.

When he scored I turned round and told him to shut it. Safe to say he celebrated the goal.

One for the next generation...

Another in the MSU, he must be well known, abused Kelly all matched and left early during the Blackburn FRIENDLY. Some wallies knocking about in that stand.

Sounds like festa that in the main upper. Legend