Please don't be mean to our players during the game

Is it time to start pointing any anger at the board then? They've :censored:ed this season up with their daft appointment of Kelly.

As has been said, it's that piss poor I can't put the effort in to boo or moan. If he thinks it's bad now he may be shocked later in the season. I went home at half time against Chesterfield. The clubs dying a death, only the results on the pitch can change that.

Yes. If anything could realistically be done. But it can't.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. If anything could realistically be done. But it can't.

With some fan pressure and a "boycott" the landlords might be willing to drop their asking price to a more realistic level.

Then again the landlords might change their minds about selling to the likes of Vaughan.

Does anyone know if Corney was actually there for the Burton game or did he only hear about it from the other board members?

With some fan pressure and a "boycott" the landlords might be willing to drop their asking price to a more realistic level.

Then again the landlords might change their minds about selling to the likes of Vaughan.

Does anyone know if Corney was actually there for the Burton game or did he only hear about it from the other board members?

He was there.

Perhaps this thread should be altered to please don't be mean to our fans....

Some fans need to man up, taking offence where none was intended, or aimed at them.

It's clear some give digs abuse from the 1st minute, that's who it's aimed at.

Of course, some heads are going to drop, and express frustration, thosecfanscare part of the 99%.

Perhaps this thread should be altered to please don't be mean to our fans....

Some fans need to man up, taking offence where none was intended, or aimed at them.

It's clear some give digs abuse from the 1st minute, that's who it's aimed at.

Of course, some heads are going to drop, and express frustration, thosecfanscare part of the 99%.

Fans will always take offence...it's much easier for one individual to change his style to make a more positive relationship between fan and owners than asking 4,000 fans to do something differently. You might not like it but it's reality that fans will always interprets things different. Corney is smart enough to know this. There's a reason why they say the customer is always right (even when they aren't). It's because any customers are the lifeblood of any business and you need to accept them in any shape or form not continuously polarise them.

Let me ask one question...if the fans Corney is referring to were to shut up or not attend do you honestly think it would change the run of the last 11 months? Of course it wouldn't so it's really not worth mentioning and the blame lies elsewhere.

Edited by Blue_Guru

So, singe, you accept that '1%' of fans getting on players backs is a major cause of our home form?

I'm not arsed if he slags me off, personally. Making :censored: excuses for our diabolical home form though? He can do one.

Where does Corney say the 1% is the major cause of our home form?

The article actually refers to our poor home form creating the 1% not the other way round!!

All he's asking for is for people to ignore that and to try and be positive as that helps the players.

The only reason he shouldn't have bothered saying anything is because he should have known people can't wait to be offended by anything coming out of the club these days.

If i take to long to fix a customer issue or dont do manage to fix it....the customer complains. My boss comes to me and asks what went wrong and how we can improve it for next time.

My boss doesnt ring the customer and ask them to stop moaning even if he knows that particular customer always moans at the slightest thing. If he did, the customer would stop paying for my services..

Corney needs to really look at what he says to the 'loyal' remaining few

Edited by Fruitygoo

If i take to long to fix a customer issue or dont do manage to fix it....the customer complains. My boss comes to me and asks what went wrong and how we can improve it for next time.

My boss doesnt ring the customer and ask them to stop moaning even if he knows that particular customer always moans at the slightest thing. If he did, the customer would stop paying for my services..

Corney needs to really look at what he says to the 'loyal' remaining few

Agreed, but doesn't how that complaint is made make a difference?

There's a difference between booing a bad performance at the end, and screaming abuse at the players at close range all throughout the game.

Is it time to start pointing any anger at the board then? They've :censored:ed this season up with their daft appointment of Kelly.

As has been said, it's that piss poor I can't put the effort in to boo or moan. If he thinks it's bad now he may be shocked later in the season. I went home at half time against Chesterfield. The clubs dying a death, only the results on the pitch can change that.

Given that we haven't played Chesterfield yet this season how did you manage that? Or are you planning an early departure this Saturday?

Agreed, but doesn't how that complaint is made make a difference?

There's a difference between booing a bad performance at the end, and screaming abuse at the players at close range all throughout the game.

I dont think it matters....as someone stated earlier, the customer who pays the bills is always right. Whether they moan before, during or after, they are entitled to do it.

I dont think it matters....as someone stated earlier, the customer who pays the bills is always right. Whether they moan before, during or after, they are entitled to do it.

In this case they're not though. There is added pressure at home because of expectation. No one's fault - that's normal and they should be able to deal with that. The problem is that some fans are taking out 20 years of misery on this manager and current group of players. There shouldn't normally be this level of anger towards them after only a few games as a group.
So atmospheres at home are bound to have a negative effect on the players. The difference in your complaint scenario is that in most other jobs you don't have someone cheering good work or booing bad work mid-job. The complaint usually comes at the end. And it's a fact that for most players support during a game will help their performance. Conversley, abuse will affect their performance negatively.
There's nothing wrong with what he's saying as a individual point. It could probably have been delivered better though!

I'm intrigued as to what Corney thought this statement would achieve? Does he think that the 1% will stop and reflect on their actions, realising the error of their ways and adjust their behaviour accordingly? Or does he just want to have a pop at the fans?

He can try and deflect the blame all he likes but the club is continuing its slow decline under his management and all this sort of thing does is alienate the few remaining fans still further than they have been by previous rants, the Ched Evans saga, Barry's appointment to the Board, etc, etc.

Not that I think he gives a :censored: about that. It seems he can get his head around the fact that relegation wouldn't be good for business though - best to direct your frustrations at the fans, rather than the :censored: managers you appoint, or the players, or, God-forbid, yourself, eh Simon?

It's obvious that abuse during the game will have a negative impact on the players and their decision making. The oft-weilded argument that they should 'man up' is also an ignorant one. No-one thrives under constant negativity & I'm sure the posters on here wouldn't like abuse whilst they were trying to sweep up.