Please don't be mean to our players during the game

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All clubs have people who give abuse along the touch lines. Before the North Stand the players only experienced it on one side, now it's both sides. SC says it's only a very small say 1% who are vocal. Many more feel the same way but chose to keep it to themselves. SC has himself to blame. He said when LJ left that they needed to take their time to get the right manager in place for this season because it was the most important season for the club where they could take full advantage of the new stand, and what did we get? A manager who had never played above L2, who, to anyone with football knowledge could not have had the contacts needed in the game to help us. How was he supposed to deal with people like Dunn who had far more experience than him. Then there is the debacle of the new stand, and moving his most loyal fans out of the Chaddy.

Nobody is saying otherwise - just that it may be counter productive

Hey , entirely up to you how you want to encourage the players and the team. If you believe that what you do is beneficial , go right ahead

I dont personally shout negative stuff at the players, as much as I'd like to. I just feel that if the effort was there from all 11, there wouldn't be anywhere near as much negative stuff shouted through games.

When you get 3-4000 punters turning up hoping to be entertained then ultimately witnessing the sub standard performances on show, it is no big surprise that some people will voice their discontent.

As others have mentioned, i am sure the figure will be higher than 1% of the crowd and although Corney is probably right about the negativity affecting the players surely they should just "Man up" and get on with the job!

I guess his comments are borne more out of frustration at the fare he too is witnessing and in a way pleading with people for more patience.

Would have been nice for him to say " please bear with us even though these mugs look like they have only just met and have never before kicked a football in their lives "

It is a vicious circle as someone has already posted. Poor performance on the pitch at home breeds negativity in the stands. I sit in the RRE and before that the Chaddy. Over the course of the last couple of seasons you could feel the negativity and frustration growing. Now in my current seat, the positivity dwindles after about half an hour which leads to some sat around me having a pop at the players in front of them. This then translates to the game, you can see players panicking on the ball or trying desperately not to try taking a risk or trying something creative because they don't want to incur the roth of those behind/ to the side of them or they are scared of ballsing up. It's like a nervous tension.

I agree that things need to improve on the pitch in order to draw the fans back to any level of enthusiasm, but I also feel that if there was a bit more positivity/ energy for the players to feed off, it could give them that extra bit of something. We see this when we are away. The energy of constant singing/ chanting lifts the players to do something.

We basically need to batter a team or two in order to get the crowd and the players going or we need a player or two that aren't afraid to try something risky rather than playing safe football all the time. Something has to give at some point.

I think the positivity drained out of those attending at the Burton game when the team sheet came out at 2pm. Most of those sat around me where checking results from other games on their phones after about 20 mins, on the other hand at Mansfield there was a bit of a buzz when word got round we were playing three strikers, home games are souless at the minute, if you look on fans faces most have just given up and most couldn't even be arsed to boo.

I agree with Chris. What seems to be negative tactics and lack of effort looks to me like the total effect of lots of little decisions. Players not showing for the ball in tight areas, trying a difficult through ball, trying to beat a player, having a swing on their weaker foot or when it's not completely under control. Calling them :censored: when it doesn't come off might help. We also need senior players to lead by example. Sooner Jones is back and in the middle the better. Same with Forte on the left. Oh, and are there any other old head around the place who could come in and show the youths how it's done?

These comments come from a guy who hired the most unapproachable director and a PR nightmare - I can't take his comments seriously anymore. I want change at BP.

Couldnt have put it better myself Kev. After 40 odd years my patience is wearing thin

Corney comes out to speak probably once every two/three months these days...why does he insist on mentioning this every single time? It's all the fans ever hear. If it is only 1% of fans why even acknowledge them?

Using the voices of approx 20-30 fans as somewhat of an excuse to justify 4 losses in 11 months is pathetic. Try focusing on your own poor decisions and offer the fans some explanation for why you think things aren't panning out the way we all want which doesn't point the finger at your customers!!! This sort of mentality might make more of the few that are left stay and support you!

Is it time to start pointing any anger at the board then? They've :censored:ed this season up with their daft appointment of Kelly.

As has been said, it's that piss poor I can't put the effort in to boo or moan. If he thinks it's bad now he may be shocked later in the season. I went home at half time against Chesterfield. The clubs dying a death, only the results on the pitch can change that.