Chesterfield

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want to regain fortress bp, then we need to retain the main stand. Tear it down but rebuild it to the same specs with the addition of the top tier going the whole length of the pitch. Playing home and away at idendikit Lego arenas does little to enhance the definition of home ground advantage.

How can there be anything more home advantage than having to walk up those dug out steps, passing 7 rows of home fans? (Unless at the moment, when they're more likely to be abusing our lot, but you get the jist...)

Out of all the sub-15,000 grounds around in football, BP is without question in the top 3. I'd say it's only second to Griffin Park.

If we had the fans to fill it to a decent proportion, it would be the best, and I mean that. Imagine how good it would be regenerated, seats full-length of the pitch, leg-room, elevated view, paddock, sitting behind the directors boxes, mates one side, mental bloke the other. That's football to me...

How can there be anything more home advantage than having to walk up those dug out steps, passing 7 rows of home fans? (Unless at the moment, when they're more likely to be abusing our lot, but you get the jist...)

Out of all the sub-15,000 grounds around in football, BP is without question in the top 3. I'd say it's only second to Griffin Park.

If we had the fans to fill it to a decent proportion, it would be the best, and I mean that. Imagine how good it would be regenerated, seats full-length of the pitch, leg-room, elevated view, paddock, sitting behind the directors boxes, mates one side, mental bloke the other. That's football to me...

I echo this. Don't want another identi-kit stadium.

Having sat in the main stand since the lookers was dropped I've moved over to the north stand. I really can't say I miss the main stands "character" which let's face it is polite way of saying it's :censored:.

Bulldoze if we get the chance. However a replacement stand should incorporate 2 characteristics of the current stand 1 a two tiered structure and secondly the walk down the steps for the players that is the only unique thing about it.

I really thiink that we need to give Yeates & Mills a chance to build up a bit of an understanding on that left flank and Yeates does look our best crosser of a ball.

Rasulo only played 20 minutes but looks to have great awareness from the highlghts, needs to start!

May I ask about the second half, were we much better for 45 mins or just massively better for 20?

Mills & Yeates did well in the second half, however Chesterfield offered nothing so it's hard to say whether Mills & Yeates combo looked good due to them actually playing well or Chesterfield backing off. Looked like something to build on though for them over the next month/ 6 weeks until Forte returns.

We played better overall second half but Chesterfield were offering little, which seems to be a common theme for them this season after reading their forum. We was passing it around nicely, but without really creating anything. Several moves broke down, mostly through Higdon's reactions being poor. I think Winchester's tame effort which was met with wild cheers was our first shot on target.

Credit is due to Dunn for changing things around with Rasulo, Chesterfield were backing off but we seemed to have more attacking intent with Rasulo on. As mentioned already by others, I wouldn't say you could the equaliser coming at all, but it was deserved. And ultimately, by taking a few shots from distance/ edge of area rather than trying to overpass and walk it in we managed to win it (but in normal conditions Lee would probably not have parried Rasulo's initial shot and claimed Philli's, however we played to the conditions)

You'd go to the game and there'd be something not quite right, you'd look around and see the same old faces and the same :censored:e football, and you wouldn't be able to put your finger on it.

It'd be the Main Stand.

Regenerate it by all means - fill in the corners, change the concourses, changing rooms and the seats - but please don't get rid of the structure of the paddock, dug outs or the facade. You'd look at the new creation and regret losing something you couldn't measure with money or metal.

Some things just need preserving, and the Main Stand is one of those.

Surprised the upper tier hasn't been condemned yet

Mills & Yeates did well in the second half, however Chesterfield offered nothing so it's hard to say whether Mills & Yeates combo looked good due to them actually playing well or Chesterfield backing off. Looked like something to build on though for them over the next month/ 6 weeks until Forte returns.

We played better overall second half but Chesterfield were offering little, which seems to be a common theme for them this season after reading their forum. We was passing it around nicely, but without really creating anything. Several moves broke down, mostly through Higdon's reactions being poor. I think Winchester's tame effort which was met with wild cheers was our first shot on target.

Credit is due to Dunn for changing things around with Rasulo, Chesterfield were backing off but we seemed to have more attacking intent with Rasulo on. As mentioned already by others, I wouldn't say you could the equaliser coming at all, but it was deserved. And ultimately, by taking a few shots from distance/ edge of area rather than trying to overpass and walk it in we managed to win it (but in normal conditions Lee would probably not have parried Rasulo's initial shot and claimed Philli's, however we played to the conditions)

It does seem that most of the credit for the turnaround yesterday should go to the manager. Chestefield do seem to be yet another poor team in this division

Edited by ChaddySmoker

When I attended the stand open day at the end of last season, Neil Joy talked openly about his wish to drop the main stand and start again.

I appreciate that the old girl's showing her age, but the thought of her being replaced by a small, modern stand is hard to take. Lose the main stand and you lose the whole charm of the ground in my opinion.

It's the kind of decision the accountants need to be kept away from.

Appreciate your sentiment but if it's costing more and more money to maintain the stand and is a potential health & safety risk there is no debate.

Nah, I'm an happy clapper at games just vent my spleen on here.

I am the same. I simply adore Winiesta whilst in atttendance at Boundary Park. If you see a lunatic shouting Carl is the Messiah-its possibly me (or more probably dec666.)

Now calm down girls!!!!!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Oh, we'll win on Saturday.

Making me rethink "definitely not going to the Mansfield match"..... :lol:

Part one of my prediction came true. Now for 4 games without a win... shame Im going to have to go to some of those matches now theyve got hopes up again. Twats