Question to Dunn

Sorry all don't know what happened with it! Basically I asked the manager a question which Gordon was going to ask during the LP interview and my question was

My question is Kelly and Jones were in CM in a 4-4-2 last season and were outstanding. Now we are struggling to control games yet we continue to play Jones outwide to accommodate Fulton who isn't even our own player. Can we see Jones and Kelly back together in CM anytime soon?

Gordon's reply to my email:

Adam...

I asked the manager for you, but he did not want his answer on camera.

David thanked you for your question and said that it was a good point you raise.

However he said that Mike prefares to play wide left leaving Liam on his own...that was one of the reasons he brought Jay in from Swansea , to fill the gap alongside Kelly.

He also admits though that Latics may well revert back to Kelly and Jones through the middle when Jones is fit again as you can expect 2 new faces in the transfer window in January who play wide.

Edited by adamoafc

Why in every interview are you more concerned about what the other team can do?

Why did you drop Poleon when he was showing his best form?

What does Danny Philliskirk know that is so bad that it means he is the first name on the teamsheet?

Why did you spilt up with Sammy Winward? Would you mind if I took her out for a lovely fish supper?

Kinda shuts people up saying Jones is playing badly because he's been shoved out wide where he doesn't want to be...

Only the "doesn't want to be" bit....

He isn't performing aswell out wide as he did in the middle last season...

Surely Dunn should be telling him where to play not letting him decide for himself, especially if he's not as good there.....?

The trouble is, if we are then sticking him where we know he does not want to play, then if he is a little bit less successful then it will be used as a stick to beat "Dunn isn't playing where he wants to be".

FWIW, I think Dunn should be pointing out he was much better in the middle and if he wants to be playing where he wants then he has to earn the spot and make it his own.

And he hasn't. So back to the middle you go for a bit and if you get backt to seasons standards then you can have naother go. Dangle that carrot!

Are they being asked to?

Its plain to see they are being told to hold their shape with little emphasis on giving it a go, this comes across in interview when we hear the words trust and discipline, Poleon at Dale was a prime example tucking in front of the fullback, sent on with a safety first attitude, its okay if your grinding out 1-0 wins but we are not, it makes you wonder why such a creative player like Dunn wants to stifle the life out of our team.

One of the best performances at our ground this season was from Peterborough, by coincidence they had just got rid of a regimented ex marine who no doubt pecked there head from morning till night and had them playing boring defensive football, they came to our place under a caretaker manager and had clearly had the shakles taken off and were allowed to express themselves, good footballers and I include Dunn in this want to play football they thrive on entertaining, is it not worth a go at them showing us what they can do?

Edited by yarddog73

Why in every interview are you more concerned about what the other team can do?

Why did you drop Poleon when he was showing his best form?

What does Danny Philliskirk know that is so bad that it means he is the first name on the teamsheet?

Why did you spilt up with Sammy Winward? Would you mind if I took her out for a lovely fish supper?

Not having the faintest idea who Sammy W is I clicked on the link. Not exactly what I was expecting