Sarcastic Negative Fans!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latics fans in giving it out but can't take it back shocker.

Latics fans in knickers in a twist shocker.

Latics fans in crying about the truth (again)

shocker.

The club, managing once again to piss the few fans off that we have shocker

The day after the first positive result in a while shocker.

You talk as if he's blaming everything that's gone wrong on a sarcastic chant. He isn't. He has frequently said that he's not been happy with the quality and he understands the fans not being happy. Why are you ignoring that?

No, I'm making a point that there's 2 sides. It's a vicious circle

One thing is clear is that he is confident in his ability to turn it round. He is also committed to achieving it. It borders on arrogance sometimes, but I firmly believe that his belief in himself, whatever we think that it is, is finally starting to filter through to the players. If he says that he intends to achieve success here in far less time than it took our most successful manager to achieve, then I reckon that he believes that he can. That is far better than most of the tripe that our most recent managers have spouted of late.

There is nothing wrong with arrogance in a manager. I think that it is the most important criteria for the job.

Good fans would now make a sarcastic chant about David Dunn.

We wait...

David Dunn is magic

He wears a magic hat

He plays attacking football

None of us think it's crap!

We are very lucky

To pay to watch these games

If Dunn had to watch his pennies

I'm sure he'd do the same!

"David Dunn football genius!"

:wink:

In all seriousness, it would be funny to make up a Royle/Dunn chant.

He's got a David Dunn poster on his wall, he's got a David Dunn poster on his wall, he's got a David Dunn poster on his wall,

Joe Royle's got a poster on his wall

He's got a David Dunn notebook in his bag,

He's got a David Dunn notebook in his bag etc.

Ad nauseum...

'Funny'

Edited by NewBlue

....it's not an unfair comment.... but we were much better in the 2nd half on Saturday..... and maybe [especially at home] they might feel more confident taking risks and expressing themselves, if they weren't fearful of the moans and groans when a forward pass or shot goes astray...?

I think Dunn has got a point, but it's the way he shares that point that's the issue. For every fan who grumbles at the match their are four, five or ten no longer bothering to grumble as they are doing something else. Being realistic and excepting your lot isn't sport. If he wants the fans to set higher standards he needs to be clear that 15th isn't good enough.

The one way I look at it is they are professionals. They're getting paid to do their jobs, and apart from traffic wardens, no one deserves that.

Think of it like this, how would you like it if every time you were at your desk there were 3000 shouting abuse at you? Every time you went a photocopied something you had 3 coffin Dodgers that have never even seen a photocopier that they could do it better? I very much doubt that you'd put up with it and you'd give your two pennuth back. Dunny's entitled to have his say.

Yes we're paying to watch it but at the end of the day no one is forcing us to go. There's no one with a gun to our heads saying we must go. If you don't like what you see it's simple don't go, then we might have a chance of getting a positive atmosphere going at the place which could get an upturn in results and performances. Then no doubt you'll all come back complete with tail between legs when the results pick up.

Edited by Oafc1895

The one way I look at it is they are professionals. They're getting paid to do their jobs, and apart from traffic wardens, no one deserves that.

Think of it like this, how would you like it if every time you were at your desk there were 3000 shouting abuse at you? Every time you went a photocopied something you had 3 coffin Dodgers that have never even seen a photocopier that they could do it better? I very much doubt that you'd put up with it and you'd give your two pennuth back. Dunny's entitled to have his say.

Yes we're paying to watch it but at the end of the day no one is forcing us to go. There's no one with a gun to our heads saying we must go. If you don't like what you see it's simple don't go, then we might have a chance of getting a positive atmosphere going at the place which could get an upturn in results and performances. Then no doubt you'll all come back complete with tail between legs when the results pick up.

If you don't like what you see don't go? That would drop our crowds to under 200 lol

Fans feed off the players on the pitch. If the game is boring and dull and nothing to get excited about then the atmosphere will be flat. Look at Rochdale burton and Mansfield. After we had a shot on Saturday the atmosphere lifted.

Dunn should just concentrate on trying to get us wins. If we were top of the league and we were ironic cheering then fair enough. He also needs to stop jumping on the Simon Corney and Neil Warnock bandwagon (from his comments on goals on Sunday) we don't expect to win the league but we expect to try and challenge above the bottom half.

We've got some wet arse fans. Stop being so over sensitive. Corney says something, perverts on here are demanding to meet him. I think we've got :censored:e fans, certainly at home. There is little to no atmosphere bar the ADHD squad. You cannot say that is down to product on the park as many teams worse off than us have a better more positive atmosphere at home. I actually commented on how positive Mansfield main stand was compared to ours. That was at the start and during the game. At BP on Tuesday if its 0-0 after 10 mins the atmosphere will be lower than Lee Crofts self esteem.

"Oh the fans we're great" why do we need to hear crap like that if he is pissed off. "We're Oldham and we're :censored:e" was being sung first half at Mansfield and some booed them off at half time. The main stand paddock is like a special school at lunch time some of the bollocks that is shouted out in there. People moaning about going sideways then in the next breath moaning if a direct balls goes too deep.

I feel the fans at home go to games expecting the players to lift them rather than looking at it the other way. Having sat in the RRE end most games I'd forgotten how negative the fans in the paddock were. At Burton Dunn was already beginning to bite with one or two, it's clear the fans will get to him easily.

I'm all for hurling vile abuse when it's deserved but not 30 mins into a game.

I'm not for hurling abuse at games. But the wet arse is the manager getting all precious about sarcasm. Have a :censored:ing word with yourself, Dunn.

I have changed my mind on this.Whilst at the game with my nephew we had a discussion about the " how :censored: must you be,were winning away chant".I had a bit of a problem with it at the time.On reflection, (although I would never join in with it),I feel its just fans trying to make light out of a dull situation.The football was crap 1st half.Dunn has done himself no favours here but at the same time we don't need to throw the book at him for it.

I hope the players appreciate what Dunn has come out and said here because both him and Corney have come out in public support of them and taken some heat for it. I hope they will respond with some performances here.

Wins tonight and on Saturday will be met with standing ovations not sarcasm.

Fans feed off the players on the pitch. If the game is boring and dull and nothing to get excited about then the atmosphere will be flat. Look at Rochdale burton and Mansfield. After we had a shot on Saturday the atmosphere lifted.

Dunn should just concentrate on trying to get us wins. If we were top of the league and we were ironic cheering then fair enough. He also needs to stop jumping on the Simon Corney and Neil Warnock bandwagon (from his comments on goals on Sunday) we don't expect to win the league but we expect to try and challenge above the bottom half.

This is obviously very true.

At Crawley last season, we were never going to win, and the songs got a good airing.

Agains Gillingham, where we played pretty well, there was much more encouragement. And far less negative singing.

It's obvious to everyone but Dunn isn't it?