Bolton could be in trouble

I disagree, that's like saying marriage is about fun and agreement.

When done well football provides entertainment but there is an awful lot of waiting around for it, earning and then enjoying it even more when that tiny morsel of entertainment and joy comes your way. Same as marriage, you go into it with the best of intentions but there is an awful lot of washing up, tidying away, discussing things like colours, soft furnishings, shoes and what Helen did or did not say or do at work that day. Spending time with mothers or friends you try and keep off the topic of local house prices..etc.. But there are good points that make it worthwhile.

Like football you can get a sense of belonging, community and sheer unbridled joy from marriage.

You have taken me wrong

What I mean is its about the fans not about business. Without the fans you have no business. If those fans are not happy they will go elsewhere ( another club or some other sat afternoon activity as we have already seen.

If we can't get the masses attention eventually the club will die no matter how sound a financial footing we are on

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, that's like saying marriage is about fun and agreement.

When done well football provides entertainment but there is an awful lot of waiting around for it, earning and then enjoying it even more when that tiny morsel of entertainment and joy comes your way. Same as marriage, you go into it with the best of intentions but there is an awful lot of washing up, tidying away, discussing things like colours, soft furnishings, shoes and what Helen did or did not say or do at work that day. Spending time with mothers or friends you try and keep off the topic of local house prices..etc.. But there are good points that make it worthwhile.

Like football you can get a sense of belonging, community and sheer unbridled joy from marriage.

I dread to think where my wife would be now, if the nine years we've been married had been as enjoyable as watching Latics over that period.

When I got married I thought I was signing up for a lifetime of excitement & joy, similar to how Latics were under Joe Royle.

10 years on and it's just all 0-0 draws, regular disciplinary action (mainly for dissent) and ferrying the youth team here there & everywhere.....

At least she hasn't packed her midfield yet though like a lot of teams seem to do at her age :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

When I got married I thought I was signing up for a lifetime of excitement & joy, similar to how Latics were under Joe Royle.

10 years on and it's just all 0-0 draws, regular disciplinary action (mainly for dissent) and ferrying the youth team here there & everywhere.....

At least she hasn't packed her midfield yet though like a lot of teams seem to do at her age :grin:

Bravo sir!

And she keeps it tight round the back!

Every Bolton fan I've spoken too are either in denial or very confident that they won't come out of this badly at all.

Although they do think that if a consortium isn't found this season and the inevitable happens then they could possibly struggle. But if they manage to stay up this season they all think they'll be fine and better off.

Their owner Eddie Davies has agreed to write off all his existing loans to the club, effectively leaving them debt free. He's selling off everything, the stadium, retail park next to the ground, everything.

Great prospect for someone looking to get into football. If they find the right person, they could be back in the PremierLeague sooner than it appeared the other day.

Their owner Eddie Davies has agreed to write off all his existing loans to the club, effectively leaving them debt free. He's selling off everything, the stadium, retail park next to the ground, everything.

Great prospect for someone looking to get into football. If they find the right person, they could be back in the PremierLeague sooner than it appeared the other day.

Yeah...but... apart from agreeing to write off £170m of loans and leaving the club with the stadiurm, land, etc, and actively looking for someone to take the club off his hands and move it forward, what has he ever done for Bolton that TTA haven't done for us, eh?

Yeah...but... apart from agreeing to write off £170m of loans and leaving the club with the stadiurm, land, etc, and actively looking for someone to take the club off his hands and move it forward, what has he ever done for Bolton that TTA haven't done for us, eh?

Unbelieveable, Jeff. Amazing. An absolute one off.

The trick will be to find someone to invest, granted his money has made as easy as it could possibly be.

They still might be playing us next season though.

£170m and still as low as us! On par with Wigan that. Ha!

According to wiki (yes, i know) he is worth -£60 million.

It also states that "As of 2004, he was the 558th richest man in the United Kingdom, with an estimated wealth of £60 million."

So where is the £170 million coming from?

Well doing the maths he used to be worth £230 million then he bought a football club.

Unbelieveable, Jeff. Amazing. An absolute one off.

The trick will be to find someone to invest, granted his money has made as easy as it could possibly be.

They still might be playing us next season though.

£170m and still as low as us! On par with Wigan that. Ha!

Both have played in Europe and cup finals in the last ten years.

I could take a few seasons in league one with those memories

Well doing the maths he used to be worth £230 million then he bought a football club.

I'm crap at maths. always have been. I read it as he was worth £110 million, lost £170 million and is therefore worth minus £60 million, which means he can't pay off the debt.

My head is now hurting because i'm crap at maths.

Both have played in Europe and cup finals in the last ten years.

I could take a few seasons in league one with those memories

I argued strongly last week, that I would prefer not with £175m of debt.

But with £175m debt written off, of course.

Edited by singe

According to wiki (yes, i know) he is worth -£60 million.

It also states that "As of 2004, he was the 558th richest man in the United Kingdom, with an estimated wealth of £60 million."

So where is the £170 million coming from?

It says here that his company has annual sales of £70m.

And in 2012 he'd invested £100m. So £70m over 3 years is some hemoraging of money.

http://www.boltonspotlight.co.uk/news-features/117/news/65077/selfmade-millionaire-eddie-davies-made-a-cbe-in-the-new-years-honours-list