TAXI FOR DUNN!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you bring in as replacement?

Newport were bottom of the entire football league, get lower crowds than we do, and appointed John Sheridan. It might cost more than Corney's willing to pay put there are experienced managers who are attainable.

Corney needs to sack him or back him properly. To be fair to Dunn he's not had a transfer window to work with yet. This isn't his squad. I'd give him that chance at least.

Corney needs to decide if it's transfer funds or the sack he's giving Dunn for Christmas.

This is the same squad everyone was creaming themselves pre season and who Johnson has playing quite well

Who would you bring in as replacement? If things didn't improve after 20 games would they have to go as well?

Why do you keep asking people this as if it negates their argument?

I don't work at the club. It's Corney's job to find someone better and there are plenty of options out there, some we'll have heard of, some we won;t.

Is your continued asking of the question a bizarre suggestion that there aren't better options than David Dunn out there?

I don't work at the club. It's Corney's job to find someone better and there are plenty of options out there, some we'll have heard of, some we won;t.

Is your continued asking of the question a bizarre suggestion that there aren't better options than David Dunn out there?

Him and Palmer1 question everything on here

Corney needs to sack him or back him properly. To be fair to Dunn he's not had a transfer window to work with yet. This isn't his squad. I'd give him that chance at least.

If he had any long term potential as a manager he'd be able to get a lot more out of this team than he is doing.

My biggest concern (of many) is that his arrogance in interviews & his pops at fans etc suggests a general disrespect for the club.

I'd quite like that if he'd earned the right to be like it & he could back it up but he's done nothing as a manager. Nothing whatsoever.

Whether you subscribe to many of these lot being good players or not (I do) they're not this bad. Are they?

He's taken us backwards from when he took over from Kelly. Who could have possibly imagined that could happen?

He seems to think he's bigger than us and I don't think he really gives a :censored: if he takes us down.

He might even want to as he's been brazen as :censored: in a few things he's said which were clearly designed to buy himself time.

I assume he's a multi millionaire so it doesn't really matter if he tries management and makes an almighty pigs ear of it.

It was a possibly unfair objection I've always had to his appointment - he never really had enough to lose by being rubbish.

Alarm bells rang when he had a dig at the fans - being defensive so early on was never going to be a positive.

Is sticking with a clearly inept manager for sticking with a managers sake more important to you than the future of Oldham Athletic?

That's where we differ - I don't think he's "clearly inept".

And before someone jumps down my throat that doesn't mean I think he's the next Joe Royle either.

Someone out there must be good enough to sort this side out. It's not the worst squad we've had in this league at all, they just aren't playing. Whether it's the pllayers not putting enough effort or the tactics not working a change is needed. Someone who can get the players to run through brick walls for the Manager. Kelly and Dunn aren't those managers.

It was shambolic tonight but a taxi for Dunn is hardly the answer. A mini bus would hardly be big enough.

After 18 league games the dye is cast on where we are and why.

But there is something very fundamental missing. Who and why would 'anyone' step into Corney's shoes to fund the revival of our club?There are no guarantees with any manager, any player and any amount of money. Expectations of football fans are simply beyond rationality.

Nobody can come up with any names.

These experienced managers want decent budgets to play with and a decent wage, our owners aren't willing to provide that.

I don't care that he hasn't had a transfer window, he hasn't made any impact on the team or the club whatsoever and it is simply a continuation of Kelly. There is such a massive difference between when Johnson arrived and energised what was a weaker squad than this one, and the total apathy that both the players and fans seem to be showing now.

As a positive, Dunn has made some very effective substitutions in recent games.

No changes at HT was ludicrous and then we go 3-0 down. Yes the change in formation was more gung-ho but he left it too long at 3-1 and even though we got the goal, we had Rasulo as the only player warming up at 2 goals behind. What sort of message does that send. He sounded disheartened in the interview yet didn't really personally apologise for his part in tactics, team selection or motivating players to want to win second balls and generally play for the badge. The buck stops at him and he's failed to take ownership. Big decision coming up for Corney. We're going one way under this management regime.